Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Dissertion definition

Dissertion definition

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

Dissertation Meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

Dissertion definition

Write My Research Paper -
Dissertation - definition of dissertation by The Free Dictionary

bill rose resume I know this is the last thing you want to definition do, but we#8217;ll make it easy. On Sports Violence! Raise your hand if updating your resume is high on your to-do list. Dissertion Definition! Now raise your hand if you would rather have that hand eaten off by global essay imperialism, a hippopotamus (what is with their violence?!) so that you have an excuse to work on your resume another day. Yea. Dissertion! I get that. Literally no one likes doing this. That#8217;s because it feels overwhelming. But it shouldn#8217;t be. We consulted the corporate thesis help of a woman who does this for a living.

Her name is Rose Keating, and together, we#8217;re going to get you through this. Definition! According to Keating, most hiring managers prefer one or two pages. Spray Thesis! However, #8220;page length isn#8217;t the dissertion most critical thing,#8221; Keating told me. #8220;What#8217;s important is ghostwriter.com how clearly and quickly they can see how you can help them with the job they#8217;re hiring for.#8221; A general rule of thumb: If you have less than five years of experience, your resume should be one page. If you have over five years of experience, you can go to two. However, consulting and investment banking require one page resumes for everyone #8212; even if you have 20 years of experience. The goal is to show what you#8217;ve been doing most recently. If you are within a year of having graduated or you#8217;re still in school, put your education at dissertion definition the top of your resume. Barangay Health! (It shouldn#8217;t take up a ton of page real estate.) Once you#8217;ve been out of school for dissertion definition, two or more years, put your eductation on the bottom. If you are getting your MBA in addition to working at your current job, put that at the top.

Your resume should read in reverse chronological order, from ghostwriter.com most recent title to least. Don#8217;t put it on your resume. Your resume should present you in the best light possible. Industries that care the most about GPAs are consulting and investment banking. Some communication agencies will use GPA as a filter because they have so many candidates, but that#8217;s only relevant if you#8217;ve just recently graduated. Dissertion! Most people drop their GPAs off their resumes after three years unless they have an exceptionally high one. What if I pulled a Bill Gates and didn#8217;t graduate? You can still write the year that you plan to graduate if you plan on finishing your degree at some point in the future. For example, if you are planning to finish your degree in 2018, dropped out in 2015 and decided to start Banana (the new Apple!), but needed to apply for side hustles, I#8217;d write: #8220;[Wherever You Went] University, Expected Graduation 2018.#8221; If you completed 3 years of college but have no intention of ultrasonic spray pyrolysis thesis finishing your degree, write your university name plus however many years you completed of definition said degree. Man And The Environment Essay! For example: #8220;[Wherever You Went] University, X years of dissertion a bachelor degree in journalism.#8221; Another angle is to list the number of courses. For example: Completed six business courses at [Wherever You Went] University.

Only do this if it#8217;s been a year or less since finishing these courses. Are cover letters antiquated? According to Keating, some hiring managers care if you have one, some don#8217;t. She knows how frustrating that sounds. She also knows that some hiring managers won#8217;t bother looking at violence your resume at all if they don#8217;t like your cover letter, so to play it safe, she advises her clients to write a cover letter every time unless the job description specifies not to dissertion include one. #8230;How the corporate hell do I write a cover letter? Keating says that the dissertion best thing you can do is get good examples (ask friends, look online) and follow their structure.

Here#8217;s the man and the environment basic structure: Four paragraphs: intro, conclusion, two middle paragraphs. The first middle paragraph should answer: Why you? Why are you right for this job? The second middle paragraph should answer: Why them? Why do you want to definition work for that company specifically? I am supposed to ghostwriter.com write one of dissertion these every single time I apply for a job.

Yes. Essays Violence! But think quality over quantity. Rose Keating much prefers that her clients apply to two jobs a week with really well-crafted, highly-tailored documents rather than sending out a blast of definition cover letters that communicate nothing. Should I be adding color to make my resume stand out? If you#8217;re in a creative industry, Keating says that you have more freedom to ghostwriter.com use color. Dissertion Definition! Google #8220;Visual resume#8221; for ghostwriter.com, ideas. (Here are some that are really out of that damn cliche box!) If you#8217;re not a graphic designer, there are websites where you input your information and dissertion, the site helps create cool visuals, like timelines and global thematic essay, pie charts. (She recommends checking out Smashfreakz.com) If you#8217;re applying to dissertion definition more analytical roles, keep it traditional.

Don#8217;t: tell white lies, even though #8220;everyone does it.#8221; It#8217;s never necessary. Don#8217;t misrepresent yourself. Do: present yourself and your experiences in the best light possible. Essays On Sports Violence! Keating says to dissertion think about a resume like a first date: No one needs to know that your last relationship went up in flames. Man And! Show off your qualities and the best parts of your personality. If you increased the social media following from 50 to 100, that#8217;s a 100% increase in dissertion followers #8212; so say that. Don#8217;t: use pronouns or write in violence first person. Definition! Your resume should never say #8220;I#8221; or #8220;me.#8221; Instead of, #8220;I worked for three months on x project,#8221; you would write, #8220;Worked three months on x project.#8221; Don#8217;t: focus on man and, tasks and responsibilities.

Instead, focus on results and dissertion definition, achievements that convey the about impact of the tasks that you did and the responsibilities you had. #8220;Tell me how well you did it,#8221; Keating says. Your resume shouldn#8217;t look like lists from your job description #8212; the person looking to dissertion definition hire can#8217;t learn anything from that. Instead, write the impact or the result of those actions. For example: #8220;Increased office efficiency by global history essay, providing accurate and timely file management. Dissertion! Enabled upper level to make strategic decisions by providing accurate weekly status reports.#8221; Empty adjectives do nothing. Anyone can list #8220;leader#8221; or #8220;hard worker.#8221; Write something that demonstrates how you can multitask. Thematic Essay! What would not have been possible had you been unable to juggle five things at once?

If you meet about 70% of the qualifications listed, go for it. Dissertion Definition! They#8217;ve written their job description for their ideal candidate #8212; they aren#8217;t expecting everyone to have every single item checked off, so you#8217;ll probably get a call. Besides, you can#8217;t get a job you didn#8217;t apply for. If you have less than 70% of the required qualifications, don#8217;t waste your time applying online, but do network your way into the company if you are passionate about what they do. 20% of your energy should go into online applications. The rest of your energy should go into talking and meeting one on thematic essay imperialism, one and dissertion definition, doing informational interviews. Find informal interviews through alumni networks, friends, family connections and LinkedIn. Tell them you want to hear about their career-path.

It#8217;s one of the most important tools in your job search. Alright guys #8212; good luck! Check out Rose Keating#8217;s blog here for more tips and tricks to getting the job you want (among other things, like how to ask for a raise) Elizabeth wearing NARS #8220;Dragon Girl#8221; Velvet Matte Lip Pencil; Photographed by Krista Anna Lewis; gifs by Emily Zirimis. I was going to quickly scroll past this post and suppress all dreaded ugly resume feelings but then I remembered that I JUST had a conversation telling someone to do things that make them uncomfortable so I was like UGH I GUESS I SHOULD TAKE THE MEDICINE I PRESCRIBE TO OTHERS. WE CAN DO THIS TOGETHER! I am getting a salary of 6800 dollars each week. Over a year ago I was in a horrible condition , jobless and no bank credit ..tu Thanks to one of my friends who showed me a way where I was able to gather myself and making average of 58 d/h. So it can change your life as it has changed mine. Why not try this. When I looked at the draft of 6785 dollars, I have faith that brother of my friend was like really generating cash in ghostwriter.com his free time with his PC..yi His aunt#8217;s neighbor has done this for definition, only 11 months and by now repaid the loan on their home and bought a new Car.

Check out Rose Keating’s blog here for more tips and tricks to getting the history thematic job you want (among other things, like how to dissertion definition ask for ghostwriter.com, a raise) Oh I#8217;m saving this post ASAP!! You read my mind! I need help for a resume sooner than later! =) This is SO GOOD, thank you guys. Ridiculously perfect timing, you mind-reading goddesses. Just got out of dissertion career counseling, felt overwhelmed, went online to distract myself, then saw this. Almost didn#8217;t click bc anxiety, but this article makes it actually seem doable!

MR comes through again. Global History Thematic! thanks guys, perfect timing! I am a 36 yr old in the apparel industry, with 13 years experience in trend forecasting and graphic design. After being laid off this time last year I have applied for dissertion, over 150 jobs, mostly in NYC. Unfortunately, right now I live in Missouri; that#8217;s where my previous job was located. I swear my resume is barangay excellent, my cover letters are thoughtful, and my online portfolio is SMASHING. Dissertion Definition! Yet, of 150 jobs I#8217;ve had less than 10 calls, 3 in person interviews, and just 1 narrow miss for landing an actual job. Is it like this for anyone else. Global Imperialism! I know I#8217;m qualified and talented previous managers and coworkers rave about me. Sometimes I feel like there is an invisible penis drawing or something on my resume that only recruiters and dissertion, hiring managers can see. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. I#8217;m sorry to hear your struggle I went through something similiar for 1.5 years, in ghostwriter.com NYC.

Hundreds of definition cover letters, some calls, a handful of awkward in person interviews. My anxiety about finding a long term job increased as each month went by. This is not encouraging, but it’s probably because you’re in Missouri. The last two companies I#8217;ve worked for only looked at resumes from people in thesis skin the tri-state area in dissertion order to thesis health center interview and hire someone within two weeks. Thank you so much for dissertion, the response! You are definitely not alone in the struggle!! The online application system isn#8217;t working well for many people these days, which is why I recommend getting out from behind your computer and essay, scheduling a visit to New York so you can do some in person meetings, aka: informational interviews. By getting to know people at dissertion your target companies and presenting yourself in person, they get to know and be impressed by the whole you, not just you on essay, a piece of dissertion paper.

If you can find a friend to stay with in NY for thesis center, two weeks that would be ideal as well, it#8217;s much easier to land a job in a new city if you can stay there while looking! Thanks for the great advice! One of the dissertion best pieces of advice I have gotten on building your professional network even if you don#8217;t live in the same city as someone is reaching out to barangay health center people for informational interviews. I have done them several times and dissertion, they#8217;re always worth it. Who do you reach out to? Go on LinkedIn and see who went to your Alma Mater that works in your industry and reach out the corporate thesis skin them.

When the interview is coming to a close, ask who they recommend you talk to next. Lots of great articles are written on doing informational interviews I#8217;ve included two of dissertion definition my favorites below. On Sports! Good luck!! These are great tips! If you can#8217;t use color, my professional portfolio professor told us to definition really use font to your advantage.

Go with something sans serif for the header and sub heads, but use serif fonts for your bullets. It really helps break things up without being too obvious! Also is this image the work of Emily I love it I really do I can#8217;t describe it it reminds me stuff but yet it doesn#8217;t, like Me Early and the Dying Girl but very quintessentially MR. Thanks for the environment, the tips! Thanks a lot! It#8217;s really useful #128578; I#8217;m definitely saving it. Good tips. I have 10 years#8217; experience in HR and employee benefits, and am actually wanting to make a jump to a more creative field.

Nice to see that some creativity is allowed in these things in, you know, creative fields. One tip I#8217;d add: make sure the grammar, spelling, proper names, job details, etc. are all correct in resumes/CVs and dissertion, cover letters: recruiters LOOK for this stuff. If you#8217;ve got the corporate skin wrong job title and/or company name referenced in your cover letter, that doesn#8217;t bode well. This is dissertion definition so so helpful. Thesis Barangay Health! I am going to apply for an internship during summer holidays and dissertion, I hope this tips will help me to ghostwriter.com get my first prio x. Even though it is probably less money than I currently make and is only offered part-time, I remembered reading this article this week and applied for a job that is dissertion actually relevant to my desired field! ALSO, in further career developments, I got in to grad school this month. The Environment! this is a GREAT post! love the practical tips! Next article what to dissertion definition wear to a job interview! This is super helpful and does make the idea of updating my resume (finally, this weekend#8230;I SWEAR) seem less daunting. Thesis Skin! Although, I#8217;m still on dissertion definition, the hunt for someone to write mine for me#8230;ha. But error: #8220;One pages..#8221; should be #8220;One page or two?#8221; Great tips, I am 100000% bookmarking this post!

Really interesting post! I#8217;ve been applying for different jobs for almost three years now and I remember that it took me months and several people giving me advice until I was able to #8220;present myself in the best light#8221; and NOT mention the exams I failed#8230; Before that I felt like a resume or cover letter was something like an official document where you just have to global history thematic essay imperialism state the facts in a plain and dissertion, simple way. Cool. Share some other tips on resume design with you. Hope it#8217;s useful to ghostwriter.com all of us. https://www.amolink.com/blog/resume-design.html. Very informative and dissertion, interesting article, Amelia!

As a resume writer, I can attest that these tips are the real deal. Length, where to put your education, customization, and being truthful are all very important. Visit the man and essay ResumeSpice website for more tips on crafting an dissertion, effective, customized resume: https://resumespice.com/ This is what really helps when writing a resume: http://www.cvhacks.com. I think the thesis barangay health center main point in cover letter writing is that this document should tell your story. You can#8217;t describe it as a structure (Four paragraphs: intro, conclusion, two middle paragraphs). It#8217;s absolutely crucial to make it unique because it actually gets you the job.

Resume is only a formal overview cover letter gets you hired.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Dissertation | Definition of dissertation in English by Oxford Dictionaries

How to Write an Exceptional New-Grad Nursing Resume. Writing a new-grad nursing resume is definition, a daunting task for most new-grads. Essays On Sports? The fear of having no experience and being unqualified leaves many wondering what details to include. Moreover, many new-grads wonder how to structure their nursing resume in a way that best conveys their current skill-set and value to definition prospective employers. As former recruiters, we reviewed thousands of new-grad resumes. In this blog post, we’ll draw on essays violence, that experience to provide a comprehensive guide to creating an dissertion definition, amazing nursing resume for new-grads.

How to Structure Your New-Grad Nursing Resume. How you structure your resume has an impact on its effectiveness. Let’s first consider which headings to include on your resume. There are certain headings that every new-grad should include and other headings that will depend on man and essay, whether or not you have any applicable details to include under those headings. Headings that every new-grad nursing resume should include (Required)

Every new-grad resume should include the dissertion definition following headings (we’ll discuss why we recommend these headings and provide tips for each below): Summary Licenses and Certifications Education Clinical Rotations. Optional headings for essays on sports violence, your new-grad nursing resume. Each of the following headings should be considered and included based on whether or not you have relevant details to dissertion definition include: Work History Affiliations Volunteer Activities Honors and Awards Skills Summary Languages. Now let’s take a look at the ordering of the headings. Of course, your contact information should be at the top of your resume.

As usual, you should place the Summary as first heading on your resume. Next, include your Licenses and Certifications if you have already obtained them. The Environment? However, if you have not already obtained them, then you may want to push this heading farther down the list under your Clinical Rotations. Next, include your Education followed by your Clinical Rotations. You will undoubtedly find many who recommend that you place your Work History first. Moreover, placing Work History before Education is the conventional standard.

As a result, it’s difficult for some to trust advice that recommends placing Education first. So, here’s our supporting argument… As a new-grad, you may not even have work experience. Definition? If you do, it’s most likely that you don’t have applicable work experience and even if you do have applicable experience, it’s most certainly not Registered Nursing work experience. You can’t obtain RN work experience without an RN license and you can’t get an RN license without first graduating from an accredited nursing program and thesis about passing the NCLEX. Moreover, your new-grad nursing resume should quickly convey that you are a new-grad. There is no point in trying to hide this fact. If employers are considering new-grads for an open position, then recruiters and hiring managers are going to be receptive to your situation. If they’re not considering new-grads for the opening and definition are instead requiring experience for the position, then they’re not going to be receptive to center your situation. You’re not going to trick them by putting your CNA or EMT work experience ahead of your education.

In fact, doing this could make your resume even less effective as reviewers receptive to dissertion definition new-grads may never even get to your new-grad status before passing on spray pyrolysis thesis, the resume. Perhaps more importantly, our recommendation is based on what was desired by the hiring managers we worked with. You will find corroboration for this recommendation from reputable sources all over the internet. For example, the sample new-grad resumes from dissertion California State University Chico and University of on sports, Texas San Antonio both have the definition headings listed in the order we recommend. Additionally, UC Davis Medical Center requires Education, Senior Preceptorship and Clinical Rotations on the resumes of all applicants to spray pyrolysis thesis their nursing residency program. For further proof, let’s take a look at what a hiring manager had to say about new-grad resumes. As the Director of Workforce Development for Orange County Memorial Care University and dissertion definition a Board Member of the Association of history, California Nurse Leaders, Maria-Jean Caterinicchio, RN, MS said, “It (your resume) should state where you have done your clinicals and any certifications such as EKG and ACLS. You can also include any conferences you have attended beyond the classroom.” Your Clinical Rotations and Education are key components of definition, your new-grad resume! That takes care of the 4 required headings.

The 6 optional headings can be ranked as you see fit. Remember, you should only include these headings if you have substantial details to convey. And you may want to rank them in order of strength as they relate to the job in man and essay question. For example, if you have experience working as a CNA in dissertion definition a hospital setting, then your Work History should be given a higher ranking because it highly relates to essays the job you’re applying for. Specific Details to definition Include on Your New-grad Nursing Resume. You’ll undoubtedly come across many people who recommend that new-grads use an Objective instead of a Summary on their resumes. The argument is corporate skin, that you really have nothing to summarize as a new-grad. However, we think that Objectives are an outdated resume heading that do nothing to definition advance your main objective of conveying why you’re the right person for global history thematic essay, the job. Moreover, you can include an objective within a summary if you’re intent on having one.

Here are three articles from major publications that support summaries over objectives: Now, you may have heard that recruiters spend 6 seconds reviewing your resume. While we doubt that they really spend that little time reviewing each resume, we certainly believe that the time they spend is very limited. Therefore, your goal is to make sure your resume can be easily scanned, starting with your Summary. You do not want recruiters getting stuck on your Summary by writing a big paragraph. Instead, use bullet points and try to definition keep each point at 1 to 2 lines . As for what to the environment include in your Summary…It’s a good idea to definition state that you’re a new-grad.

You might summarize your clinical rotations. You may point out any special skills that you have, like second languages or computer skills. And, as mentioned previously, you may include an objective. We recommend listing each license and certification with the following information: Full name of the license or certification. Full name of the skin issuing body of the license or certification. Definition? Expiration date of the corporate thesis skin license or certification if applicable. License or certification number if applicable. If your license is part of the Nursing Licensure Compact, then it should be indicated.

Many nurses express privacy concerns over including their license numbers. Your nursing license number is made public through the state licensing board. It can easily be obtained using the basic information you provide on dissertion, your resume. Adding it simply assists those recruiters and hiring managers who need to look it up for verification as a result of ultrasonic spray pyrolysis, hospital/employer policy. Education for Your New-Grad Nursing Resume. You should display all of your relevant college education.

So if you attended 2 colleges to dissertion attain your degree, then you should include them both. Please do not include your high school education. We recommend including the thesis about barangay health following information for dissertion, each pertinent education institution you attended: Full official name of the history essay imperialism education institution. City and State Dates attended. Degree achieved. Dissertion? GPA if it was good. There are several other details in man and the environment addition to these that you may want to include regarding your education.

We’ve had many new-grads inform us that in their area, employers were interested in dissertion knowing their HESI or ATI scores. We recommend checking with your Nurse Educators or your school’s Career Guide to health see what they recommend. You may also wish to dissertion definition include relevant coursework and corresponding grades if you got an A. However, keep this brief and relevant to the job you’re applying for. Ultrasonic Spray Thesis? Finally, you may wish to include any honors and awards you achieved if you would rather not place these items under their own heading. Clinical Rotations on Your New-Grad Nursing Resume. Clinical Rotations are an extremely important part of dissertion, your new-grad nursing resume. As illustrated above, hiring managers indicate that they want to see these details.

Major teaching universities require that they be included on resumes submitted for their residency programs. We consider them the corporate thesis crux of dissertion, your new-grad resume. At a minimum, you should include the essays following: Details to include about your clinical rotations. Type of dissertion definition, experience (Clinical Rotation, Senior Preceptorship, other). Corporate? Start and end dates. Dissertion? Total number of hours worked.

Name of the hospital or institution. Ghostwriter.com? City and State. Name of the definition unit/department (examples: Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Medical Surgical Unit (MS), Labor and Delivery Unit (LD)). One common mistake to avoid when listing the name of the unit is listing the hospital specific unit name. For example, the hospital specific unit name might be 3-West, but nobody outside the hospital knows what that means. Instead, list the type of unit it was as designated by the type of patients the spray unit took. In addition to the details above, we also recommend including the following information:

Optional details to include about your clinical rotations. Facility type: Every facility has a technical designation. For example, most hospitals are “Acute Care Hospitals”. Definition? Other designations include Long Term Care Facility, Long Term Acute Care Facility, Children’s Hospital, etc. Listing the facility type lets the reader know without a doubt what the setting was. Number of beds in the facility. Man And The Environment? List the definition facility’s trauma designation if applicable. If the facility was a teaching hospital, then include that information. About Barangay Health Center? Number of beds on the unit you were assigned to. Trauma designation of the unit you were assigned to if applicable.

Age range of the patients the unit cared for dissertion, if applicable. Nurse to patient ratio on the unit. Type of charting system used at the facility and name of any EMR/EHR you gained experience with. Man And The Environment Essay? The grade you received if it was an dissertion definition, A. As you may have noticed, many of the violence details we recommend are technical details pertaining to definition the facility and unit. These details convey so much about the man and the environment essay setting you were in dissertion and the ghostwriter.com experiences you were exposed to with very few words. So including them provides the reader with a ton of useful information. Additionally, it demonstrates that you understand how import these details are to definition any healthcare organization, otherwise, you wouldn’t have listed them.

Additional options for highlighting your clinical rotations. Finally, you may also wish to include specific details about the the environment essay experience you gained while engaged with your clinical rotations. For example, did you have any experiences that might make you a more attractive candidate to the prospective employer? Did you learn anything specific about compassion for patients, team work, the importance of learning and growth as a new-grad RN? If you did, then try to offer the specifics to dissertion illustrate exactly what happened. You may also be able to relate your clinical rotation experience to specific goals or problems of the employer you’re applying to. On Sports? For example, maybe your research on the prospective employer turns up the definition fact that they’re seeking Magnet Status. If one of the facilities that you worked at man and the environment essay during your rotations was seeking to achieve the same goal, then you may be able to find some way to relate your experience to it. Or, perhaps the dissertion definition prospective employer is ghostwriter.com, trying to dissertion definition improve their HCAHPS score and one of the facilities you worked at just achieved success with a similar endeavor. There are limitless possibilities with this option.

The main idea is to try and relate your experience during clinical rotations to about barangay health center a real problem or goal faced by the prospective employer. At this point, we’ve covered each of our recommended required headings. As you may have noticed, we’ve offered tons of dissertion, options. So many that if you were to incorporate them all, then your resume would either be too crowded or too many pages. However, many of the details we offer are simply for man and the environment essay, your consideration. It’s not required to include them all. So pick and choose the ones that work best for you by researching the job in dissertion definition question and determining which details will be of most value to the environment essay the prospective employer.

Optional Details for Your New-grad Nursing Resume. As indicated above, each of the definition following headings are optional for history, your new-grad resume. Definition? You should decide whether or not to essays on sports use them based on dissertion definition, whether or not you have applicable details to provide for them. Let’s take a brief look at each of them. If you have work history, which most college students these days do, then you should probably include some reference to it on your resume. Try your best to convey how the ghostwriter.com experience relates to nursing. This will be a lot easier to do if the experience was healthcare related. If all else fails, offer concrete examples of how you excelled at definition time management, team work, compassion, service, collaboration, or communication. One important issue to consider regarding work history is stability. Many college students work several jobs during their college career for any number of reasons.

Too many short term stints may exhibit instability to prospective employers who are about to devote a large amount of resources to you. Thesis? So you may want to definition explain short-term work stints or leave them off of your resume. You should definitely use the Affiliations heading if you are already a member of the environment essay, a professional organization related to nursing. Dissertion? For example, if you’re a member of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, then prospective employers will want to know. You may also include relevant college organizations such as Sigma Theta Tau, or the Student Nurses Association.

Of course, if the only organizations you belong to are scholastic, then you may choose to include them under your Education heading to history imperialism save space. When listing your affiliations, consider including the following details: Full name of the dissertion definition organization. Essays On Sports Violence? Date joined. Your designation within the dissertion definition organization. Thematic Essay? Any special duties. Organization conferences attended. Including Volunteer Activities is a great way to demonstrate compassion.

You may have volunteered for charity or at a healthcare facility. Consider including the following details: Full name of the definition organization. Dates of engagement. Quantify the history thematic number of hours volunteered. Definition? Description of duties and results you achieved if applicable. Any awards or recognition you received. If you have received many honors and man and the environment essay awards, then giving them a special place on your resume may be warranted. The other option is to mix them in throughout your resume where applicable. Consider including the dissertion following details: Name or title of the award.

Date received. Organization received from. Significance of the award, or reason it was received. For most new-grads, a Skills Summary heading may not be warranted. Skills summaries are intended to corporate skin convey proficiency with specific skills. As a new-grad, you most likely haven’t achieved proficiency with any aspect of nursing. However, if you have experience in a healthcare setting, then you may indeed be proficient with relevant skills.

For example, you may be certified in phlebotomy or Crisis Prevention. In any case, if you haven’t achieved proficiency, then you may be better served by listing skills as details under the heading that pertains to where the dissertion definition skills were practiced. Additionally, you might consider utilizing a Skills Checklist during your job search. In case you’re not familiar, Skills Checklists are documents that allow healthcare professionals to self-assess their skills pertaining to man and the environment a specific profession or specialty within a profession. Definition? They are commonly used by healthcare employers of ghostwriter.com, all types to gauge their employees’ skill sets.

BluePipes has over dissertion definition 100 comprehensive skills checklists that you can complete, save and download at your convenience. Essays On Sports? You can print them out and dissertion definition take them to job interviews in order to global history imperialism easily convey your level of expertise with hundreds of skills. Again, as a new-grad, it’s not advised to utilize a checklist for a nursing specialty like Intensive Care Unit because you most likely won’t have the required expertise. However, if you have experience as a CNA, Phlebotomist, or LPN, then you could use one of those checklists as a way to stand out definition, from the crowd. These checklists are free to use on BluePipes. So, join today to take advantage! A recent study by Wanted Analytics found that “bilingual” was the second most common skill listed on thesis about center, nursing job postings in the United States. If you speak multiple languages, then it’s definitely recommended that you include them under their own special heading! What Hiring Managers and Job Postings are Looking for in New-Grad RNs. It’s important to dissertion remember that experience, temperament, talents, and convictions vary from person to person.

While all new-grads may share certain commonalities, they are all unique in their own ways. Similarly, it’s fine for new-grad resumes to share certain commonalities, but each should be unique in it’s own way. As you’ve seen, we have strong opinions on the structure of your resume and we provide many recommendations on various details to include. However, we’re not writing the spray resume for you. In fact, we strongly recommend against definition, the boiler-plate phrases that have become so common as a result of online resume builders. So, when it comes to the meat of your resume, let the words of man and the environment essay, hiring managers and definition job postings guide your efforts. Thesis? In other words, find ways to relate your unique experiences to definition what hiring managers and global history thematic imperialism job postings are looking for. And always strive to provide concrete examples as opposed to dissertion generalizations.

Assuming that you’re applying for skin, a job through a job posting (as opposed to networking for a job), you should do your best to optimize your resume for the Applicant Tracking System (ATS). We’ve covered how to dissertion do this in a previous blog post, so we won’t rehash it here. Violence? The bottom line is that you want to naturally include the key buzzwords and phrases used in the job posting in your resume. Dissertion? This way, you’re ranked higher by the ATS. Of course, you’re probably wondering what hiring managers are looking for! We’ve provided some examples above, but below are some direct quotes we found from interviews posted online. Ghostwriter.com? These quotes validate what our own experience as recruiters taught us. “Knowing that new nurses are very green in regards to their technical skills, we look to definition whether a nurse is really ready to step into the profession.

We are looking for global history essay imperialism, those who are really interested in definition making life better for people who are suffering.” Kimberly Horton, MSN, RN, FNP, DHA, Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer at Mercy Hospital and Mercy Southwest Hospital in Bakersfield, California. “We expect our new nurse graduates to have the basic fundamental nursing knowledge and corporate skin we are also looking for dissertion definition, compassion, a sense of teamwork, accountability and communication. We look for an attitude of collaboration and communication.” Maria-Jean Caterinicchio, RN, MS, Director of Workforce Development for Orange County Memorial Care University and Board Member of the essays on sports violence Association of California Nurse Leaders (ACNL) Always side on patient safety first. Dissertion Definition? Be open to feedback. Pyrolysis? Use your resources, such as more experienced nurses, physicians and other members of your team. Dissertion? This will also help you build a support system. Global Essay Imperialism? Always ask questions when you are unsure or don’t know something.

Discuss your feelings and/or concerns with your unit leadership. From the definition first day on the job, be a team player. Greg Kingsley, RN, New Grad Nurse Recruiter, Emory Healthcare. With all of this in mind, it’s important to remember that there is no one correct way to create your resume. We certainly hope this guide provides an about barangay health center, idea of best practices as well as an idea of what you shouldn’t do.

Perhaps most importantly, it’s important to remember that your resume is just one facet of your job search. And while your resume is important, the single most important thing you can do to land that first job, or any job for that matter, is NETWORK! Estimates indicate 70% to 80% of dissertion definition, all jobs are filled through networking. And it’s always best to operate with the “80-20 rule” in mind. In other words, make sure that you’re focusing on networking as your main job-search activity because it’s most often the determining factor in success. That’s why we created BluePipes in the first place…to give healthcare professionals a professional networking platform capable of providing unique career management tools designed to help them solve their unique career challenges. Join today, it’s free and easy!

5 Things that New Grad RNs and Experienced RNs Should Know About the Job Market A New Grad RN recently shared their frustration with us. How to ultrasonic Write an Effective Nursing Resume Summary Writing an effective nursing resume summary is easier said than. 8 Things Every Nurse Ought to Know About Online Nursing Job Applications Applying online is the norm for dissertion definition, nursing jobs. We provide. So my situation is a little different. Essays? I’ve been a Dental Assistant most of my life and decided to definition change careers. Ghostwriter.com? I have now achieved my RN. But it took me a lot longer than a traditional ADN program is supposed to take.

I had an “issue” at the first school I started the nursing program at definition and ended up needing to find another school to complete the ghostwriter.com program. Is this something I should include in my resume (as I see it as a negative thing) or how do I incorporate it to definition benefit my appearance? I don’t want to leave out info that can hurt me but I’m wondering if the essays violence info can hurt me if included. I agree with Kyle. List out your clinicals. Add a targeted bullet point under each one that relates to dissertion definition the job you are applying for. Learn about ATS. Read the ultrasonic spray pyrolysis job posting. What words are on there most?

What qualifications MUST you have? What qualifications do they PREFER? All the ones you have – write them down. Yes, use their words. Also read their mission and values. Look through their website.

Encorporate their values with yours. Definition? A great place to do this is in ultrasonic pyrolysis your cover letter. What do you recommend to someone like me whose 19 years old. Has no work experience, this is my first career.. my resume would be completely blank pretty much. I know you said don’t include high school education.. Dissertion Definition? buts that’s pretty much the only thing I’ve “accomplished” so far, I was an honor student, GPA 3.9, Received an award for academic excellence all 4 years, advanced diploma.

And currently my GPA is 3.5, I haven’t graduated yet but will in OCT, 2016 with my associates degree in nursing. I’m applying to a new graduate residency program now, that will start in February. Please HELP! #128577; how can I make my resume better? Thanks for the inquiry Glenda. Most of the ultrasonic pyrolysis applicants to new graduate residency programs have similar circumstances. Definition? To make your resume stand out, be sure to include the details described above regarding your various experiences including clinical rotations and education.

You’re welcome to include your high school education. However, chances are it will not be considered. Just remember that most candidates are going to be in the same boat, so making sure you provide all the details hospitals like to history essay imperialism see (as described above) will help you stand out. I hope this helps! Great article!

Finally people are talking about New Graduate Registered Nurses and the job search!! The Struggle is VERY real for new, old, reentry, and RN’s seeking a new specialty! Especially in oversaturated markets like California. I invite anybody who is seeking a job to dissertion definition join our Facebook Group RNInterview Tools. https://www.facebook.com/groups/PlayingTheGame/ All are invited to history essay imperialism share what worked for them, post questions, and seek support from others who understand.

Members are landing job offers all over and we could not be more thrilled. I definitely shared this article and have shared others from Blue Pipes in the past. Thank you for assisting all of definition, us Nurses in our quest. Glad to hear the man and article is useful and thanks for dissertion, sharing, Melissa! Help! I just graduated in May 2016 and got hired as an RN in a hospital. Unfortunately, I resigned after a month as I felt so overwhelmed in thematic essay the unit I was assigned to. Should I include that one month experience in dissertion my resume? Thanks for sharing, Aleli and sorry to hear about the global difficulties. This is a tough situation. I believe most career consultants would recommend leaving the job off of your resume.

This is because you’ll most certainly be required to explain the short duration in any interview. Moreover, the duration was so short that many employers wouldn’t even require an explanation for the gap in employment. That said, you may want to consider the dissertion instructions on job applications. Some hospitals have very stringent rules for thesis, entering work history on their applications. For example, they might require every employer for the past 7 years to be entered on the application regardless of duration and also require applicants to provide an explanation of any gaps in employment of greater than 1 month. There will be a signing statement in the application indicating you attest the information is accurate and complete.

If they find out you left the job off the application, it could result in dissertion a rescinded job offer. Although the chances of global history thematic essay, this happening are slim. I hope this information helps! Nursing is my second career. I taught elementary school before this. Should I include my education for that? Also, should I include teaching school in my work history?

I taught for eight years in the same school, so it’s a good example that I can hold a job long term. Thanks! Congratulations on your new career, Priscilla. Previous work history and education are both optional for your new-grad nursing resume. In your case, I highly recommend including them both as they are both excellent experiences to display. However, be sure to keep them brief in order to highlight your nursing skills. I hope this helps! Hello, I was wondering how do I include my phlebotomy certification on my resume if it doesn’t have an expiration date? If you are formatting your own resume, you can simply add the license without expiration dates.

However, I’m wondering if you’re using BluePipes to format your resume? Please let me know if so. Thanks! Hi i’m just wondering do you have an example resume with all the information you have listed here for preview? thank you! My apologies, but we don’t have a sample. Dissertion Definition? We’ll work on ghostwriter.com, creating though.

Thanks! How about information on building a new-grad RN Cover letter? When listing previous certifications and dissertion definition licenses, should you list the initial date of obtainment or expiration/ renewal date? Also, regarding Applicant Tracking System, what is the global history rule regarding parenthesis ()? I ask because in my certifications I have ACLS, PALS, and a bunch of other alphabet soup acronyms. Definition? Should I use (ACLS) after Advanced Cardiac Life Support? Good questions! There are no steadfast rules, but we recommend listing the expiration dates. Ghostwriter.com? On our resume builder, licenses are listed with both the acronym and dissertion name. For example: ACLS – Advanced Cardiac Life Support.

That said, most resume parsers are quite advanced these days, so they should be able to contextualize what is meant by “(ACLS)”. However, as illustrated above, it’s not necessary to use the parentheses if you don’t want to. I hope this helps! Help! I work in a long term care nursing facility as an RN for about a year and half now. This is my first nursing job and nursing is corporate skin, my second career. What can you suggest in writing my resume? Are my clinical rotations still relevant?

Thanks. There isn’t a steadfast rule that applies to your question. I think it’s fair to say that most recruiters and nursing career advisers would say that your clinical rotations shouldn’t be added to your resume after a year and a half of working in an LYC facility. That said, you might still list it in an effort to land a job in a new-grad training program.

Write My Essay Online for Cheap -
Dissertation | Definition of Dissertation by Merriam-Webster

Resume Aesthetics: Fonts, Margins, and Paper Selection Guidelines. While many of the resources at Resume Genius focus largely around the core principals of resume writing in terms of on-page content, this particular guide focuses solely on the visual aesthetics of the resume as a whole, from the best choice for font style and size to optimal paper shades and textures, everything is covered. While generally regarded as supplementary, visual aesthetics have the potential to be much more than just a supplement, especially when the difference between standing out amongst other competitive applicants can be by just the dissertion definition, smallest of measures. Next, we give a comprehensive look at the three primary areas that comprise a standard resume (both reverse chronological and combination styles) and which deserve the most attention when writing your resume. The shape of a resume refers to the impact its overall look has on the reader without taking into account the meaning or significance of the text printed on said page. The shape of the resume is the very first thing to essay imperialism make an impact upon the reader , as it is the first thing the dissertion, brain processes before having the time to read the text or recognize the ghostwriter.com, name or appreciate the dissertion, paper. Ultrasonic? Being the first thing the dissertion, reader subconsciously processes the shape of a resume is quite important. The first aspect to consider when analyzing shape is the proportion of the page margins.

Having standardized margins guarantees a resume that won’t stand out and is the safest choice for 95% of resume writers. 1 inch resume margins are pretty standard, and health, especially useful for job applicants without much experience. Margins can vary by tenths of a point and still be acceptable, however it may be difficult for the amateur resume writer to really understand what is “acceptable” in the industry, and thus sticking to a standardized margin is recommended. 1 inch resume margins are pretty standard, and especially useful for job applicants without much experience as 1” margins are the largest allowed on dissertion definition, resumes and ultrasonic spray, will help make the typed text seem lengthier than it is. Resume Genius’ resume maker actually utilizes precise .63” margins, as Resume Genius experts feel that .63” strikes the perfect harmonious balance between making the text appear broader, and definition, “fuller” than larger margins of 1” which create slightly too much white space. It should be noted that the proportion of “white space” is a constant measurement of a resumes shape, as too much white space (blank space) on the page makes a resume seem lacking and appear barren, while too little white space makes a resume feel cramped and too busy. Going any lower than .5” margins on essays violence, your resume is dissertion, not advisable because it often leaves the ghostwriter.com, hiring manager feeling claustrophobic. As with margins, the length of a resume is a critical formatting factor that has a large impact in the overall aesthetic of the document and definition, thus is consequential enough to give considerable consideration.

Also like margins, the perfect resume length is a hotly contested subject within the about center, resume writing community. There are few general rules of definition thumb however to global history essay help you determine what length is most appropriate for you. Alignment of resumes is a pretty straightforward process as they are almost always left alighted , as this is dissertion definition, how most in thesis, the western world read text. Headings, experience bullet points, educational information and definition, additional skills will all be left aligned. Contact details and applicant names will be center aligned 90% of the essay, time , however some special styles will left alight the contact information. There are special areas of the resume however that can be center aligned under the right circumstances outside of contact information. The resume’s introduction is also sometimes centered. Choosing to dissertion definition do so is a matter of personal taste and both perfectly acceptable. 2. Aesthetics: Fonts Font Size, Lines, Symbols, and Colors. Determining the most appropriate font style for a resume can be a difficult task for ghostwriter.com, the applicant with an untrained eye. There are thousands of dissertion definition different styles of fonts, but only a few that are appropriate for professional documents such as cover letters, resumes and thank you letters.

Before choosing a particular style applicants must first choose between two worlds, that of serif and sans serif fonts. Serif fonts have small lines attached to the environment essay the ends of the letters. Definition? This is most commonly used in word processing or other non-traditional forms of typesetting. Sans Serif, “Sans” being French for “without” is lettering that does not include small lines or hooks at the end of each letter. Choosing between one or another is a matter of essays personal preference and no one font can be said to be definitely better than another. Like colors, personal preference plays a large role, and since guessing a HR’s personal preference is impossible choosing a personal favorite is perfectly acceptable. For a crisper font at smaller sizes it is advisable to browse less stylized Sans Serif fonts.

Times Roman fonts have been used the dissertion definition, most, however the smaller the font size the harder these become to the environment essay read because of their artistic Serif nature. Bookman Old Style Georgia Times Roman Times New Roman. Arial Avenir Calibri Helvetica Veranda. Styles vary so much that one may look horrible at dissertion definition, 10.5 while another font looks best at 10.5 and global history thematic, too bloated at 11.5. Many applicants may be surprised to learn that there is no one single correct resume font size. There are “safe bets” like 11pt font that should look aesthetically pleasing in many different styles, however this is a very one-size-fits all approach to what is dissertion definition, a very delicate process. Resume writing is the environment essay, not an approximate art but instead a precise operation, and the more attention given to precision the better the dissertion definition, final product. Your resume font size should actually be linked directly to font style. Thesis Barangay Health Center? Styles vary so much that one style may look horrible and nearly unreadable at 10.5 while another font looks best at 10.5 and definition, too bloated at 11.5.

To achieve a perfect balance first select a desired font style, then adjust it’s size accordingly, using one –tenth of a decimal place to fine tune the final size. See how the style makes the type look much different even though they are the same size? Do not make the mistake of letting page length dictate font size. If an global essay, applicant’s resume is just exceeding one page by a few words or a sentence try fitting to one page by first choosing synonyms or rewriting sentences to make them shorter and more succinct. Dissertion Definition? Only after an applicant has exhausted their ability to shorten their resume with language should they turn to minor margin and font size and corporate skin, style adjustments. Just remember, don’t sacrifice overall aesthetic quality with the single-minded goal of fitting to one page. Dissertion Definition? A resume is valued for global thematic imperialism, the sum of definition all parts, not just its length . Beyond just margins and font selection the overall shape of a resume can also be greatly influenced by the subtle and history thematic essay, strategic use of lines and bullet points. Dissertion? These are the only two non-alphanumerical symbols allowed on a professional resume, as elements such as clipart; word art, smiley faces or even diamonds are simply not acceptable. Lines break up a page and spray pyrolysis thesis, stop the eye from reading further momentarily , allowing the dissertion definition, brain to process the just read information for a fraction of ghostwriter.com a second longer should there have never existed a break line in dissertion, the first place.

Such break lines can be inserted into a resume after a career objective or summary of global history qualifications for example to emphasize the statement above. Break lines can also be used to separate special titles or unique sections like key skills if writing a functional or combination style resume. Only use lines sparingly, as too many will break up the page into too many pieces and obstruct the readers eye from moving fluidly from section to section, ultimately frustrating the reader. Symbols may only be used in the form of bullet points or spacers. The most common symbol used is the traditional bullet point, which consists of a small black dot. This is the definition, preferred form of corporate thesis using bullet points, and is the safest choice.

Those applicants who are a little more unconventional in their style could perhaps consider an alternative bullet shape such as a small black square, but this is about as big of a deviation as is acceptable. Essentially, applicants are to choose between a bowtie or a tie , both communicating a similar message. Only use one style on a resume, never mix and match circle and square bullet points horribly ugly travesty. Resumes are traditionally written in black, as it is the most widely accepted, safest and conservative approach. Dissertion? Resumes can however make use of subtle additions of thesis about health color throughout to help them stand out in a stack of nearly identical black and white documents.

Here are a few examples of how you can use color on your resume. If an dissertion, applicant does choose to global thematic use color it should be a primary color and it should be muted, no bright neon or zany variations. Simple and subtle reigns supreme in dissertion, the resume world. The key with color in resumes is about, retaining the definition, focus on on sports, the experiences, achievements and skills in the words rather than moving focus to colors. Colors on dissertion, resumes are meant to assist the communication of the information, not detract or take away from its central importance. Resume paper selection is an on sports, important aspect of the presentation of a completed resume. First priorities must always remain focused on the quality of writing, makings sure every sentence, every word is chosen for a purpose and is the best possible choice.

After the content of a resume, next in importance comes the formatting, the definition, margins, the fonts and the spacing. Global Essay Imperialism? Finally, with a completed product in dissertion, hand, it’s time to print and distribute. This is where paper comes into play. Not sure which kind of paper is best for you? Check out our resume paper comparison where we rate the top 7 styles that you can buy. White paper is the traditional color choice for resumes written by amateurs and professionals alike. White takes away nothing from the words on the page but doesn’t contribute anything either.

White is traditional and a safe choice for resumes of all career levels and for ghostwriter.com, all different industries. Colored paper has been a quick way to add style to any resume for years now, as next to a bunch of true white documents a slightly yellowed or “cream” hued resume will instantly stand out without being obnoxious. While this isn’t the dissertion definition, conservative approach, it is by man and essay no means “radical” and definition, thus a fair option for anyone who feels their resume may need a boost in standing out amongst others for a highly competitive position. A common resume paper weight in office and home printers is about 20lbs bond. This is acceptable for a resume however for such an the environment essay, important document it may be worth spending a little extra money for 24-25lb bond weight paper, as this is just slightly weightier and feels better in the hand. Anything exceeding 25lb bond weight is bordering on excessive. Our experts find that 24-25lbs bond is the sweet spot for resume paper weight.

Paper texture is determined by dissertion definition its composition and the press used to manufacture it. Some premium papers are pressed with very subtle crosshatching while others have even less noticeable imperfections pressed upon them to give them a unique feel to the touch. Look for a well-weighted paper, with texture or not, with at least 25% cotton composition. The more cotton the stronger the paper and ghostwriter.com, crisper it feels. Many colored and textured papers are already manufactured as “premium” and will thus have a cotton fiber percentage of definition 50-100%, resulting in a very impressive document. All resume paper should be 8.5” X 11”; there are NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule. 8.5” X 11” is the size that filing units are built to contain, the size scanners are by default set to process, and history thematic, the size common manila envelopes are made to contain, so it is definition, highly inadvisable to print paper any smaller or larger. By taking into ghostwriter.com consideration all of the above guidelines, any job applicant can write a perfect resume sure to be impressive to even the most critical of human resources managers.

Don’t want to go through the hassle of creating your own resume? We encourage you to use our resume builder here, which will format your resume into one of our 8 battle tested templates, which have been proven to land more interviews. We also invite you to download those resume templates for dissertion, free, and essays, insert the bullet point yourself. If you’re having trouble coming up with bullet points, take inspiration from our numerous industry resume samples and writing tips. Additional Resume Aesthetic Resources. What a well written comprehensive piece! Thank you so very much! We are glad that you found it helpful! Glad you like it! very informative…. Thanks a lot.

You’re Welcome! We like Bookman Old Style the most. This is very helpful. Thank you. #128578; Share Resume Aesthetics: Fonts, Margins, and definition, Paper Selection Guidelines Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today’s competitive job market.

We provide HR-approved resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and global essay, easy export to dissertion MS Word and PDF. Get awesome job opportunities sent directly to your inbox. By clicking Send Me Job Alerts, I agree to global history essay the Resume Genius Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. Play the dissertion, One-Minute Game That’ll Show You How to Improve Your Resume. Think you can judge the quality of a resume within 6 seconds? The answer may surprise you. Put your skills to the test, and learn how to thesis make your resume 6 second worthy! 3 Reasons Why I Wouldn't Hire Tom Brady. Tom Brady’s resume is a couple yards short of a touchdown. There are tons of errors throughout. See why.

How to definition Modify and Maximize your Resume Template. Need a resume template? Feel free to download one, but be sure to make small modifications to unlock your. Would You Rather Work for a Man or a Woman? Do people still care whether they work for a man or woman, or do most people simply look for a nice job.

Resume Builder Comparison | Resume Genius vs. LinkedIn Labs. What are the differences between the major online resume builders? Here's an in depth analysis of the environment essay what. Resume Genius' builder, resources, advice and career tips are regularly featured on some of the world's leading online and dissertion definition, offline publications including:

Our code geeks and HR experts are proud to introduce our new Free Resume Builder software to help you land more interviews in today's competitive job market. HR-proven resume templates, built-in job description bullet point phrases to choose from, and thesis, easily export to dissertion definition MS Word and essay, PDF.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
Dissertation | Definition of Dissertation by Merriam-Webster

A Case Study In B2B SEO Keyword Analysis. A few weeks back, Dr. Peter J. Meyers (#8220;Dr Pete#8220;) wrote a post on SEOmoz about the average position in the browser screen a number-one ranking in definition Google appears. It is an interesting piece of research, and I recommend reviewing it. My two key takeaways were: More Google-specific features, such as advertising and local results, are taking up real estate in Google search results pages. Essay! Search marketers need to be looking beyond keyword visibility reports and what is actually displayed in search results for primary keyword targets. The research was timely as it validated keyword search analysis we had performed (albeit much more manually) for a client experiencing year-over-year declines in organic search traffic for the past few months. Dr. Pete#8217;s analysis is one method we used for addressing B2B SEO keyword challenges and identifying new recommendations and direction.

In this column, I want to walk the reader through a series of definition, keyword analysis tactics we used to assess declines in organic search engine traffic for a client website. Through each tactic, we identified direction for SEO recommendations, as well. We were approached by an organization seeking to spray address declines in organic search engine referrals. Definition! The website in question receives in excess of 200,000 monthly organic referrals, but that number has declined significantly in recent months. Their primary keyword targets all seemed to be performing relatively well, in thesis terms of positions (rank) in search engine results.

However because their primary keywords represented only a fraction of the total number of search phrases people used to find their website, further analysis of keyword information was a necessity. Definition! Here is a snapshot of organic search referral data by thesis about barangay health center month with changes (positive and negative) year-over-year: The decline in year-over-year growth started to draw attention in August 2012, but really became an issue in dissertion November. Ghostwriter.com! As a result, our initial emphasis was to look at dissertion definition organic search data for the three month period between November 2012 and January 2013. For keyword analysis to be effective, it is critical to about center evaluate trends in segments of dissertion definition, data, seeking to identify patterns and anomalies. We used three methods of analysis, discussed below. The first step was to violence simply look at what search engine referral sources were experiencing the most significant declines.

As illustrated in the screenshot below, it#8217;s clear that Google is/was the clear loser. In fact, traffic from definition, Yahoo/Bing increased in that same time period. The Environment! Google was the definition search referral channel we needed to dig deeper into for keyword analysis. Key Takeaway: While broad search engine trends are important, it is equally important to man and essay evaluate the specific search engine referral sources, as well. As illustrated in definition the data below, you can see Google traffic was actually on the decline, in terms of year-over-year performance, several months before this issue became a red alert. Once we identified it was a Google issue specifically, the next step was to identify how core keyword themes performed year-over-year. Man And Essay! I equate keyword themes to the variations of primary keyword targets a client focuses on.

So, if your primary theme is dissertion, #8220;big data,#8221; it means how often #8220;big data#8221; is used in all keyword queries generating traffic to the site. Here is ghostwriter.com, a generic snapshot of how these themes performed. You can use a simple filter to dissertion identify the volume of search referrals associated with a particular keyword or phrase. With information in hand, we went about assessing the strength of content associated with each theme, re-optimizing material as appropriate, and making recommendations for skin, new content strategies associated to related keyword targets. Immediate actions that were undertaken: Revisit key SEO tagging elements (HTML Titles, Meta Descriptions, etc.) on primary SEO landing pages. Dissertion Definition! Assess existing content for cross-linking opportunities. Pull together a short list of content ideas that could be executed, enabling cross-linking of updated materials and target new variations of keyword themes. Supporting Resource: SEO Professional Jason Acidre recently wrote a good, step-by-step resource for doing something similar, based off of high-performing, long-tail keywords found via Google Analytics. The volume of long-tail keyword traffic was the next place to look. What we realized was that the year-over-year trend in the number of unique phrases via Google traffic had gone down an average of 30%, when comparing monthly volumes.

Here is a snapshot of the data: The information above led to two critical action items: Evaluate visitor performance of website activity associated with visits yielded from ghostwriter.com, a single key phrase referral (i.e., one search query, one visit) Look for technical issues which may be creating broader search visibility issues across the dissertion definition site. Immediate actions that were undertaken: Based on a sample set of thesis skin, single visit/keyword queries, we realized that particular content type yielded the definition poorest visitor experience, as it pertained to bounce rates and the environment, pages per visit. Recommendations on layout and usability were delivered to dissertion definition improve visitor experience for that particular content type. The technical evaluation proved to essay be a bit more difficult investigation.

A review of HTML code and site architecture SEO factors revealed only minor issues. But as we evaluated third-party referral reports and the search engine results for long-tail keywords, a duplicate content issue was uncovered. Key Takeaway: Careful review of dissertion, reporting data and search results needs to be undertaken to uncover less obvious but potentially serious issues. You probably won#8217;t find the problem immediately. It#8217;s also good to ghostwriter.com get a second set of eyes on the data as well, particularly when hitting a wall with analysis. Understand Changes In The Display Of Keyword Search Results. The final factor we looked at was how the search engine landscape had changed year-over-year, in dissertion association to top keyword referrals (as discussed at the start). We manually reviewed no less than the thesis top 100 keyword referrals sending traffic each month, from November through January of the previous year, identifying blended search results, local results, and other factors impacting the page. Here is a snapshot of how our spreadsheet of data was organized: What we realized was that as much as 20% of dissertion definition, primary keyword referrals were impacted by local listings (we used the ghostwriter.com Yoast Firefox plugin to help filter personalization out of results). Dissertion Definition! News, video, images, and Knowledge Graph results were also having an impact.

Key Takeaway: A strong data set needs to be built out to support strategic SEO recommendations. In this case, the growing suspicion that there was a need for further site emphasis on regional and man and the environment, local distribution efforts was confirmed. Dissertion! The next step was/is putting a tactical plan together for execution. Factor The Influence Of #8220;Not Provided#8221; Search Volumes. While all of thesis center, this data can be powerful, SEO professionals must also factor the influence of #8220;not provided#8221; traffic percentages from Google, as well. This involved two key measurements: Graphing the overall percentage of #8220;not provided#8221; search volume each month. Making estimates based on historical averages of top landing pages accessed via organic search on what type of keywords could be getting used via #8220;not provided#8221; results. We felt like we had enough of a compelling case in our first three analytical points to definition keep our estimates of impact at a high level. That might not be the case in all situations, so putting together more stringent impact assumptions is barangay, something to dissertion always consider.

One Final Tip: Remember Who You#8217;re Presenting To. Don#8217;t forget taking into account the audience in man and essay review. While this data might be significant, it may also be overwhelming to those not in the trenches. If you#8217;re talking to management, charts and graphs illustrating and validating trends tend to dissertion definition work better than rows of excel data. Don#8217;t overload them with data. Focus on how the data shows action that will improve business results. Will their keyword referral traffic fully rebound? We can#8217;t say for certain. What we do know is the specific aspects of organic keyword performance that need to be addressed and what the first steps are in the process, both short and ultrasonic pyrolysis thesis, long term. What are your thoughts in this process and what steps are missing? I would love to read your feedback and thoughts via comments below.

Some opinions expressed in this article may be those of dissertion, a guest author and pyrolysis thesis, not necessarily Search Engine Land. Staff authors are listed here. Have something to definition say about this article? Share it with us on Facebook, Twitter or our LinkedIn Group. Gain new strategies and insights at the intersection of marketing, technology, and corporate thesis skin, management. Our next conference will be held: The Periodic Table of dissertion, Seo Success.

2017 Third Door Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -
Dissertation - definition of dissertation by The Free Dictionary

Fairy Tale Essay Essays and Research Papers. literary genre known as fairy tales . They were mystical and magical with varies of dissertion, twist and turns but always brought joy to skin, my . early childhood. Fairy tales where originally an dissertion definition oral tradition but became a written one in violence, the late 1600’s. The origins that we know today are found in sources varied as mythology and dissertion definition, The Bible and was inherited by the Grimm brothers, Jacob and Wilhelm, in the early 1800’s after Jacob was appointed as the court librarian and began reading fairy tales . In the days before DSTV. Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault , Fairy tale 1776 Words | 6 Pages. Deconstruction of Fairy Tales As most fairy tales are written there is always a happy ending, and . no fairy tale yet has failed to deliver that ending. Fairy tales now in the modern day are perceived to be like a dream, an unattainable reality. A common theme in essays on sports, fairy tales is that the dissertion definition women are the victims that are dominated by a male, also there is a reoccurring theme of the terrible stepmother. Another theme that is common in fairy tales is that the women are forced to ghostwriter.com, work, they are the dissertion definition ones.

Beauty and thesis barangay, the Beast , Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale 893 Words | 3 Pages. Analytical Essay Snow White and the seven dwarfs is dissertion a fairy tale about a king and essay, a queen who longed to definition, have . Essays Violence! a child of their own and had tried for years but with no success. The queen makes a wish that she’d love to a have a child who is dissertion definition as white as snow, as red as blood and as black as the wood of the man and the environment window frame she was sitting next to. With unexpected turn of dissertion definition, events, she bares a daughter that had the same features as she wished for and she named her little Snow White. The queen dies soon. Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault , Fairy 1621 Words | 4 Pages. director of your chosen film used and adapted the about features and conventions of traditional fairy tales ? ! A fairy . tale is a type of short story that features European folkloric fantasy characters (such as dwarves, witches, trolls, fairies e.g.) that usually ends in a happy ending.

Originally, fairy tales were first written for adults, but now they are written for dissertion definition children, teens and adults. Many fairy tales have remained famous and popular as they all contain moral lessons and values, and also add. Brothers Grimm , Damsel in distress , Fairy 956 Words | 2 Pages. I believe that reading fairy tales to children could be one of the most influential things in the upbringing of ultrasonic spray pyrolysis, a child, although . I know there is an dissertion opposing side to this matter. Through reading these fairy tales that have been passed down to man and the environment essay, our families from one generation to the next, I believe that these stories have helped to dissertion, teach children how to explore their imagination, always tell the truth, and to essays, know right from wrong. Dissertion! Over the past few decades there have been conflicts over the. Children's literature , Fable , Fairy 1005 Words | 3 Pages.

“Beauty and essays on sports, the Beast” a Fairy - Tale ? At some point in our lives we are all charmed by definition the magic found in fairy . tales . Beginning with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs premiering in 1937, Disney set the standard for fairy tale movies that continue to ghostwriter.com, entertain today. With Snow White’s love and connection with nature, being tricked by a witch, and then saved by a prince, there is no doubt this is a fairy tale . Definition! Cinderella seems to be one of the most recognized fairy tales with her fairy godmother, a pumpkin. Beauty and the Beast , Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault 1424 Words | 4 Pages. Fairy Tales and Modern Stories By Esther Hamilton English 100 The author Bruno Bettelheim is telling us in violence, the first two . Dissertion Definition! paragraphs how a lot of ultrasonic pyrolysis, parents have replaced fairy tales with more realistic stories like “The Little Engine That Could.” This story encourages children to believe that if they try hard and definition, does not give up, he will finally succeed. (Bettelheim) (Sims) When I was a child I was read many fairy tales as well as modern stories. My grandmother told me the story “The Little. Brothers Grimm , Bruno Bettelheim , Fairy tale 844 Words | 3 Pages. ?What Features of fairy tales or legends are evident in essays on sports, the movie ‘Shrek’? The animated film ‘Shrek’ is a modern portrayal of a . traditional story. It displays most, if not all qualities of both legend and fairy - tale . As the opening scene begins with non-diegetic music (audible to audience only) and a magical light shining on a large book with the traditional starting of a fairy tale ‘Once Upon a time’. This opening scene demonstrates one feature of the fairy - tale genre. This can also be seen through.

Fairy , Fairy godmother , Fairy tale 1651 Words | 5 Pages. Fairy tales are magical. They provide a window to another world, a chance to look beyond the mundane. Fairies , . goblins, elves, beautiful princesses and dashing princes are fairy tales just full of fluff and melodrama. Fairy tales are synonymous with children. Fairy tales have been an important part of definition, cultures all over the world. They have been passed down through generations and the environment essay, read and reread to countless children. We tell children stories of fairy tales when they go to sleep and dissertion, they watch Disney.

Brothers Grimm , Children's literature , Fairy 1260 Words | 3 Pages. Comparative Essay Good versus Evil In most known fairy tales , the theme of good and essays on sports violence, evil is usually there. Dissertion! This . essay will compare Rapunzel to on sports, Sweetheart Roland and give the reason as to why the theme good and evil even exists. In order to show why good and evil exists in most known fairy tales , this essay will have to dissertion, deal with what good and evil is. It will proceed to discuss small details of the fairy tales that involve characters and symbols. ?Learn what you are and violence, be such. ? Pindar According. Billy West , Brothers Grimm , Evil 966 Words | 3 Pages. Fairy tales of the dissertion definition past were often full of essay, macabre and gruesome twists and dissertion, endings. These days, companies like Disney have . sanitized them for a modern audience that is clearly deemed unable to skin, cope, and so we see happy endings everywhere. This list looks at some of the common endings we are familiar with – and explains the original gruesome origins.

If you know of any others, be sure to mention it in the comments – or if you know of a fairy tale that is dissertion definition just outright gruesome (in its original or. Brothers Grimm , Cinderella , Fairy tale 1644 Words | 5 Pages. Villains in Fairy Tale Stories Almost every fairy tale story has an evil figure. Evil figures that . put harm on history thematic imperialism, the main characters life or other people’s life in the story. Evil figures are people in the story who do not want peace for everyone but himself or herself, people who are selfish, jealous, evil, and harmful. Those evil characters also prompt interest and allure in the story, and sometimes those characters are the dissertion reason of the climax in the stories. For this essay the three evil characters. Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault , Cinderella 1125 Words | 3 Pages. 14 Jan 2004 Page 1 of 3 Scholars say fairy tales stress beauty BY ERIN HANAFY ASSOCIATED PRESS January 14, 2004 . Fairy tales offer children a fantasy world of magic, romance and adventure where pumpkins are transformed into crystal coaches and a kiss from a handsome prince can bring a young girl back to life. Global Thematic! But tales like Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White are also sending strong messages about the dissertion importance of having a beautiful appearance, according to a study by Purdue University.

Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Giambattista Basile 1011 Words | 3 Pages. ?Evaluation of Maria Tatar’s Introduction to the Classic Fairy Tales Maria Tatar’s introduction to ultrasonic spray pyrolysis thesis, The Classic . Fairy Tales explains the impact of dissertion definition, fairy tales on human life. Tatar is an author whose work mostly consists of fairy tale comparisons and essays, anthologies. She is also a professor at Harvard University, where she teaches courses on folklore and children’s literature among other things (1). Maria Tatar’s prior knowledge of the fairy tale genre helped provide a strong basis for the insight included. Bruno Bettelheim , Children's literature , Culture 946 Words | 4 Pages. ? Fairy Tales Should Not Be Banned By: Aarohi Tanawade Fairy tales are an definition integral . part of childhood since they teach young children many different life lessons and give them good morals to thesis, abide by. My grandma told me this during a debate that we had last month… and if anyone should know the truth, it’s her. Isn’t this true? To find out, we have to look at fairy tales from definition a child’s perspective. Ghostwriter.com! What do these stories hold for the young audience that reads them?

I find that fairy tales. Brothers Grimm , Children's literature , Culture 1145 Words | 3 Pages. Informative Synthesis Fairy Tales. Informative Synthesis Fairy tales play a big role in society whether we realize it or not. Definition! They have been told by parents to . their children for many generations. Everyone has been introduced to fairy tales whether it’s on barangay center, TV, from a children’s book, told by definition someone else, we have all heard a fairy tale . Most of the time fairy tales are being told without thinking what they are about. Fairy tales have effect on people even if they do not know it, and global history essay imperialism, four fairy tale analyzers have written articles.

Bruno Bettelheim , Children's literature , Fairy 925 Words | 3 Pages. ? ‘Shrek’ The fairy tale is one of the most common and worldwide types of children’s entertainment through centuries. According . to Marcia R. Lieberman, the effects are gargantuan, as she relates: “Children learn behavioral and associational patterns, value systems, and how to predict the consequences of specific acts or circumstances. Among other things, these tales present a picture of dissertion, sexual roles, behavior, and psychology, and a way of predicting outcome or fate according to sex, which is thesis skin important. Fairy tale , Gender , Gender identity 1527 Words | 4 Pages. Frever Word Count: 1,925 What is a fairy tale ? In my own words, I would say a fairy . tale is dissertion a made up story with imaginary characters and places. Barangay Center! The definition of a fairy tale is “a children's story about magical and dissertion definition, imaginary beings and lands” as defined by Google, definition of ghostwriter.com, fairy tale . What do fairy tales do for people? In my own words, I would say that fairy tales teach a moral lesson. According to dissertion definition, Steiner, 1966, “ Fairy tales help inculcate the norms of society into young minds. Cameron Diaz , Eddie Murphy , Fairy tale 1903 Words | 5 Pages. “The Background of spray thesis, Fairy Tales stories and their Multiple Versions” In this essay , I am going to definition, discuss the . different versions that writers had written about the famous fairy tale “Little Red Ridding Hood” by Charles Perrault, or sometimes known as “Little Red Cap” by the Grimm Brothers.

To start we are going to violence, be arguing a critical essay explaining why fairy tales are created, and what’s the definition reality behind these stories. First, according to a critical essay “The trials and tribulations of. Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault , Donkeyskin 1317 Words | 3 Pages. Assignment: Answer one of the following questions, considering the entire passage. Thematic Essay Imperialism! Provide three specific examples of fairy /folk . Dissertion Definition! tales from global history thematic essay imperialism any culture and how they relate to the question you’ve chosen. 1. Maria Tatar, in Off With Their Heads!, writes: F airy tales are not written in granite. My own experience has shown that we continue to rewrite the tales as we reread them, even though the words on the page remain the definition same. Barangay Center! But it is important to remember that what we produce in our retellings. Brothers Grimm , Children's literature , Fairy 1243 Words | 4 Pages.

modern fairy tale Once Upon a Time by Nadine Gordimer establishes itself as a modern fairy tale . . It tells the story of a happy family living in an affluent suburb of South Africa who moves emotionally from contentment to fear as they protect and dissertion, isolate themselves from the rest of the population. It is a reverse fairy tale in order to represent her views of apartheid South Africa. Ultrasonic Pyrolysis! A fairy tale is a type of short story about fairies or other mythical or magical beings. Gordimer uses fairy tale. African American , Fairy tale , Harlem Renaissance 684 Words | 3 Pages. For hundreds of years, parents have been enthralling children with stories of magic and wishes coming true. Fairy tales are . passed from one generation to the next through oral tradition, and, in modern times, books. As various societies develop, fairy tales are changed to fit the needs and morals those societies want to impress upon their children. Thus, the style and content of a fairy tale is definition directly affected by the social attitudes of man and the environment essay, a particular society at definition a particular time. Jack Zipes adopts. Brothers Grimm , Bruno Bettelheim , Children's literature 1568 Words | 4 Pages.

now fairy tales have played a huge role in peoples lives and thesis about barangay health center, the lives of younger generations. The stories shape the minds of . children everywhere and shape our imagination and the way we perceive everything. Nevertheless, as we grow older and definition, these stories are retold again and health center, again, we begin to dissertion, see the flaws of our once beloved narratives. One flaw in particular that stands out is skin feminism. An in-depth analysis of the evidence leads us to think that feminism is poorly depicted in dissertion, fairy tales , as. Antagonist , Damsel in distress , Fairy tale 2364 Words | 6 Pages. Fairy Tale Analysis The Fairy Tale of Sleeping Beauty shows that women are very disobedient and . curious when it comes to man and the environment essay, finding their sexuality and dissertion, inner women hood by the environment essay exploring a dark hidden room on top of the tower. A lot of fairy tales have numerous symbols that represent sex or sexuality and dissertion, Sleeping Beauty is one great example. Violence! The curse that the thirteenth fairy gave her could represent menstruation when turning 15 years of age.

The dark room on top of the tower could represent the curiosity. Charles Perrault , Fairy , Fairy tale 940 Words | 3 Pages. ?Jane Eyre: A Fairy Tale ? If there’s one thing that Charlotte Bronte could not be accused of, it is writing a simple romance . Dissertion! novel. Jane Eyre is by spray pyrolysis all accounts a novel of love, but also a novel of personal growth, of pain, of things above human comprehension, and dissertion, of happiness. Bronte intimately acquaints her readers with Jane Eyre, and gets us to love Jane despite all the obstacles she has to face .In keeping with the heart of the bildungsroman novel, Bronte lets us see not just the good times. Byronic hero , Charlotte Bronte , Fairy tale 1391 Words | 4 Pages. Are the Disney tales having a good or bad effect on children? Fairy tales are very old; many of them had been . orally passed on through the centuries, and evolved a lot. About Barangay Health Center! This kind of story, initially intended for children, often involved some fanciful creatures or extraordinary adventures. Fairy tales might include a moralistic stance or warning against dangers but always have an ethical undercurrent to the story, a lesson to definition, be learned. In this paper, we are going to essay, discuss the good and the.

Children's literature , Fairy tale , Fairy tales 1759 Words | 5 Pages. An Examination of the definition Fairy Tale in Literature. the structures of essays on sports violence, our morals and dissertion definition, character. They are fairy tales and though it may be implied that we are meant to grow out of . them, many people find it comforting to return to them throughout their lives. Many of the great authors of our time and the past have found fairy tales to be a great source of material. Their views on fairy tales can be contradicting, however, with many of them expressing a disillusionment with the typical “ fairy tale ” ending and at the same time latching to these stories. Brothers Grimm , Fairy , Fairy tale 2867 Words | 7 Pages. The Ascribed Role of thesis, Princesses in Fairy Tales Fairy tales have long been known as stories told to . entertain children. Throughout the dissertion definition years, these stories have been passed along from one generation to the next as a method of on sports, teaching historical and moral lessons. Dissertion Definition! However, we often do not give adequate attention to corporate skin, the stereotypes created with the common motifs in definition, these tales . More often than not, fairy tales are based upon royalty and thesis about, young women in fairy tales are obligated to become the ascribed.

Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault , Cinderella 1051 Words | 3 Pages. Fairy tales are usually stories, which tell us about values of life or lessons about dissertion life. They can occur as stories in a book, . Essays! or movies. Most of movies about dissertion definition fairy tales come from Walt Disney, one of the famous movie companies. Children are the about center favorite viewers of dissertion, this kind of movies, and they also learn a lot from history thematic essay imperialism these stories. It’s said that fairy tales help create our sense of ourselves and the world as well as telling us about gender roles. Movies such as “Aladdin”, “Sleeping Beauty”, and. Beauty and definition, the Beast , Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale 1033 Words | 3 Pages. ? Fairy Tales in the Modern Era When some people think of thematic essay, a fairy tale , they think of the definition Walt . Disney versions. If one was to think of the story of “Little Red Riding Hood”, the happy ending is more memorable than the barangay center actual ending in which Red dies.

When it comes to dissertion, the modern era, fairy tales are thought to ultrasonic spray, be happy stories children grew up with. Dissertion! If one were to look closely at the original tales and analyze the major elements, the true messages would be shown. There are certain aspects that. Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Fairy tales 1531 Words | 4 Pages. Fairy Tales as Moral Lessons When most people think of fairy tales , they usually imagine a . beautiful princess that needs to ghostwriter.com, be rescued, a valiant prince that rescues her and dissertion definition, a happily ever after involving a wedding between the prince and princess. People imagine monsters and skin, witches, but sometimes, when they read a fairy tale they may notice an underlying moral to the story that teaches us to dissertion, do good deeds rather than bad. About Center! I read The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen several. Children's literature , Denmark , Fairy tale 1398 Words | 4 Pages. is still unfolding even to this day. Most of these stories being told are fairy tales . Dissertion! Fairy tales . are fiction, but the fantasy lets the listeners and the readers expand their imagination into global thematic imperialism new worlds they never seen before. Dissertion Definition! They help broaden a person’s mind to try new things and to stand up for skin what they believe in.

These tales have morals that teach people that you have to fight to make a wish come true. Fairy tales also teach people to pursue their goals and to realize their talent and ambition;. Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault , Cinderella 2457 Words | 6 Pages. his desire to get-rich-quick without earning his money. It also foreshadows the overnight transformation of the girl from the definition poor miller's daughter to the . queen. 2. The Number Three: The number three appears several times throughout this fairy tale . (The little man) sat down before the spinning wheel, and whir, whir, whir, three times pulled, and the spool was full. Pyrolysis! The king insists the dissertion definition girl spin all the straw in a total of three rooms, therefore giving her three chances to prove her talent.

2005 Cannes Film Festival , Brothers Grimm , English-language films 835 Words | 3 Pages. labeled fairy tales because both stories incorporate mystical characters. Global Thematic Essay Imperialism! Rumplestiltskin, from which the definition book gets its name, is . the mystical character who spins straw into gold. In Stardust, several characters possessed magical powers. As well, the witches could put spells on the other characters and Yvaine never grows old. It is the interaction between mortals, mystical characters, and their peers which provides the ghostwriter.com reason for the label fairy tale . Another component often found in a fairy tale novel. Difference , English-language films , Ethics 1003 Words | 3 Pages. A study of the dissertion conventions o fairy tales. Orser English 3331 Feb 3rd 2014 A Study of the conventions of Fairy Tales : Lily and the God of the river . Fairy tales are not only popular in children but also appeal to about center, adults because they always provide people with good wishes. For hundreds of years, fairy tales have become a very important part of children’s literature. As we learn more about fairy tales , we found out that there are several conventions of the fairy tales , such as a specific setting to remove the readers from the real world;.

Fable , Fairy , Fairy tale 1628 Words | 4 Pages. Argumentative Research Paper: Should children read fairy tales? Fairy tales picture a world filled with magic, love and the triumph of the good over the evil. Fairy . tales are a window to other worlds where the wildest dreams can come true and the hero always lives happily ever after preferably paired with his loved one. Although some people argue that fairy tales are full of dissertion definition, stereotypes, filled with frightening monsters and promote racism and sexism I believe that they are wrong because fairy tales provide valuable moral lessons to children, teach them other. Children's literature , Fable , Fairy 2132 Words | 7 Pages. out. The story, “Hansel and essays violence, Gretel”, has been a classic fairy tale for a very long time, and has been told over definition and over essays violence again. . There are many different versions of this story, and it has been altered through many years of retelling it. There has been debate whether fairy tales have underlying meanings between the lines, or are just stories to entertain and pass along through generations.

It is also wondered if the dissertion original tellers of the tales intentionally created meanings in the stories, or if that. Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Fairy tales 1567 Words | 5 Pages. Fairytales: Fairy Tale and global essay, Existential Predicaments. Fairy tales play different roles teaching children about morals, right v. wrong and with these teaching it impacts a child and definition, . helps them with their growth. In “ Fairy Tales and the Existential Predicament” by Bruno Bettelheim he argues that fairy tales help teach children more than parents do, since parents want to shelter children and only show them the sunny side of things. Thesis Skin! Fairy tales help them understand the definition existential predicaments one can face in life and shows that one can overcome anything. Brothers Grimm , Bruno Bettelheim , Children's literature 1948 Words | 5 Pages.

Fairy Tale Mode in Great Expectation. Charles Dickens' Great Expectations as a Fairy Tale Charles Dickens' Great Expectations as a Fairy . Tale There are many ways in which Great Expectations resembles a fairy tale , such as the themes- poor people receiving riches, the moral reasons, - do good unto others and you shall be repaid. During Victorian times stories were used mainly for morals purposes. One of the main reasons why resembles a fairy tale is due to its characters Great Expectations has many characters that. Abel Magwitch , Charles Dickens , Estella Havisham 1196 Words | 5 Pages. Fairy tales are a large part of popular culture all over the world, yet some of then are also considered to be great literary . classics. While most people can easily recall some childhood fairy tales and have some notion of global history thematic imperialism, what fairy tales are, very few of these people can picture fairy tales as the subject of dissertion definition, literary criticism and corporate thesis, scholarly commentary or analysis. Dissertion Definition! The general perception is that if fairy tales are products of the literary imagination, they are simple narratives that do not require.

Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Giambattista Basile 970 Words | 3 Pages. Equality - Fairy Tales for the Ignorant. Equality- Fairy tales for the ignorant Equality is the corporate skin idea of everyone having the right to dissertion, be treated as an equal and not to . be judged for his or her religion, gender, race, nationality or preference. In the western world the idea of equal rights is an aim among Americans, the British and a vast majority of Europe. Though the idea of equal rights is a pretty thought, I have learned better to know the man and the environment word “Equality” is nothing more then a political tactic to gain popularity and a method of “reasonable. Discrimination , Fairy tale , French language 1101 Words | 3 Pages. ever after endings but an ending of feeling supported by another can influence people to accept death once one has come to learned to through many struggles . in life while taking independent choices and then not fear death.. Bettelheim states “The tales teach that when one has done this, one has reached the dissertion definition ultimate in emotional security of on sports, existence and permanence of relation available to man; and dissertion definition, this alone dissipate the fear of death.” Once a person feels he or she is fulfilling and accomplishing. Beauty and the Beast , Bruno Bettelheim , Fairy tale 1079 Words | 3 Pages. of the Fairy Tale : The Brothers GrimmBy Thomas O'Neill Once upon a time there lived in global history imperialism, Germany two brothers who loved a good . story—one with magic and danger, royalty and rogues.

As boys they played and dissertion definition, studied together, tight as a knot, savoring their childhood in a small town. But their father died unexpectedly, and ultrasonic pyrolysis, the family grew poor. One brother became sickly; the other, serious beyond his years. At school they met a wise man who led them to a treasure—a library of old books with tales more. Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Giambattista Basile 1120 Words | 4 Pages. Annotated Bibliography: Fairy Tales. wrote the article for Culteral Analysis. He wanted to inform the dissertion definition common people who may be interested in ghostwriter.com, the Grimm's Fairy Tales . Definition! how they wrote their folktales, and how they incorporated beliefs of their own such as their religion. Ghostwriter.com! The mainy used Christian Folktales, because that was their religion. By making the alterations to definition, use their religion it encouraged them to the environment essay, publish the tales as if they were theirs. Ellie Crystal, who wrote the definition article Mythology, created and ultrasonic spray, designed the website Crystalinks.

Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Giambattista Basile 1187 Words | 4 Pages. effects fairy tales have on human life. 161 4 October 2013 Effects Fairy Tales Have on Human Life Fairy tales have been around for many . generations and for as long as we can remember, they were always told to us right before bed. They were the stories we use to be so anxious for even after hearing them over and over again. Dissertion! Fairy tales have affected human life in global thematic, many aspects, and dissertion, people refer back to health center, their childhood days and imagination based off fairy tales without really realizing the fact that fairy tales developed their way of definition, thinking. Children's literature , Fairy , Fairy godmother 1205 Words | 3 Pages. The story “The Seven Ravens” was a fairy tale written by the Grimm brothers, Which tells about a young sister/maiden who goes on . a adventure in hopes of ultrasonic thesis, finding her long lost brothers. This story is a very interesting story with an unexpected twist that is not like most fairy tales and dissertion, that is why I have chosen the fairy tale “The Seven Ravens” to use for my fairy tale analysis. Ultrasonic Spray Pyrolysis Thesis! “The Seven Ravens” opens up with a father who has seven sons who wishes for a daughter.

The parents wishes are granted. Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Family 1349 Words | 3 Pages. Why Are Fairy Tales important In Society. ?Why Are Fairy Tales important In Society? Fairy tales are probably the most important and dissertion definition, constant . part of our society. The stories are embedded deep within us since childhood, and are relived constantly throughout adulthood. What they represent haunts us, and their meanings are as obvious as the mundane paths of lives we all go through.

Whereas children seem to be lacking full understanding of them, adults are no strangers to the world of fairy tales . As C. S. Lewis once said, “Some day you will. Brothers Grimm , Damsel in distress , Fairy 975 Words | 3 Pages. Novel Fairy Tale Fail is a novel that is published on 2012 by Summit Media at Mandaluyong City, Philippines. Corporate Thesis! The author . wrote the story to definition, show the readers that we will make out own fairy tale story; that this story is not based on movies and fictional books but this depends on how we decision and spray thesis, how will destiny play our lives The author, Mina Esguerra dedicated it to her best friends, who set the dissertion definition bar a tiny bit higher every time. Maybe the author is inspired by those who want a fairy tale. Fairy , Fairy tale , Fiction 1747 Words | 6 Pages. Briar Rose Essay To understand the universality of human nature we can explore common traits and barangay health, characteristics, many of which are . Dissertion! prevalent in Jane Yolen's novel, Briar Rose. Yolen produces a very powerful and complex novel exploring the emotional aftermath of the Holocaust. Yolen has intertwined the facts of the Holocaust with the story of man and, Briar Rose, a traditional fairy tale , in definition, order to speak about the Holocaust without having to go into global essay the historical detail of the experience.

Yolen whose. Fairy tale , Family , Fiction 952 Words | 3 Pages. The Real Meaning Behind Fairy Tales. “In children you should never let such angry passions rise; their little hands were never made to definition, tear each other’s eyes.” Isaac Watt We use . fairy tales to teach young children morals; however, these fairy tales have a negative effect on children's psyche. The fairytale is often an entertaining story of miraculous and supernatural happenings.

Its purpose is to galvanize the depths of our minds in such a way as to about barangay health center, make us a part of the landscape, bound only by the limits of dissertion definition, our own imaginations. Brothers Grimm , Bruno Bettelheim , Children's literature 2163 Words | 6 Pages. Use of essays violence, Fairy Tales in Germany Pale Mother. Lene and Hans, who battles at definition the war's front, and the decline of the marriage during the post-war period. Symbolically the fairy . tale , called the mad monstrosity in the middle of the film, by Sanders Brahms (Kaes, 149), offers a diagetic forum for with which to deal with the crimes of Nazi Germany, as well a internally fictional parallel of Lene's marriage. The fairy tale begins with a miller betrothing his daughter to the first suitable man who comes along. History Thematic! The man chosen happens to live deep. Fairy , Fairy tale , Nazi Germany 1441 Words | 4 Pages. So, pale and frightened, he started off. Definition! 1.Gather a large number of thesis health, fractured fairy tales for students to explore.

Use books from . your own collection along with those from the school and/or public library. Keep these books out during the entire unit for students to read independently and to refer to as models during the writing lessons. Dissertion! To generate the greatest interest, provide a wide variety of fractured classic tales , including versions of Cinderella, The Three Bears, The Three Pigs, and Little. Book , Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault 1002 Words | 3 Pages. Fairy Tales Are Too Scary for Children. Experts say fairy tales not so happy ever after 8/27/12 9:14 PM Purdue News November 11, 2003 AUDIO Liz Grauerholz, . Health Center! sociology professor, talks about dissertion her Brothers Grimm fairy tale study that analyzed gender messages (42 seconds) Grauerholz discusses what parents should be aware of ultrasonic spray pyrolysis thesis, when their children read fairy tales . (43 seconds) Experts say fairy tales not so happy ever after WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Fairy tales about pretty princesses winning Prince Charming are more harmful than parents. Brothers Grimm , Fairy tale , Gender role 1240 Words | 4 Pages. Often times, when it is dissertion definition a matter of someone being offended, this results in censorship of whatever happened, or the artwork that was displayed. That is not . always a bad thing though, for example the essays on sports Grimm brothers’ children’s and household tales . Definition! These gruesome tales have been changed and edited due to their nature of history, murder, incest, rape, and other terrible things. They were meant to teach a lesson, very different from our modern adaptation of using the definition stories for pure entertainment. In this process.

Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault , Cinderella 1262 Words | 4 Pages. Fables, Parables, and Tales Fiction as defined in our textbook is a name for ghostwriter.com stories not entirely factual, but at definition least partially shaped, . On Sports Violence! made-up, or imagined. Fiction stories can sometimes take the mind to places that are far away from reality, but add a lesson that aids in real-life application. In this essay I will discuss the dissertion definition three traditional forms of storytelling, which are fables, parables, and tales . Barangay Health Center! A fable is a brief story, much similar to a tale . Dissertion! These short stories are usually told. Aesop's Fables , Fable , Fables and Parables 900 Words | 3 Pages. Fairy Tales Unplugged: Survival of the Prettiest.

Fairy Tales Unplugged: Survival of the Prettiest Fairy Tales once served their purpose as an man and the environment . Definition! imaginative window for ghostwriter.com children. The imaginative window once symbolized a safe haven that was built on dissertion definition, different types of themes. In fact, some of these themes are preserved in books and ghostwriter.com, films. The Grimms’ Brother’s book, Household Tales , contains all the classical stories such as “Cinderella,” “Rapunzel,” and “Little Snow-White.” Prior before reading the Grimm’s Brother’s book, many would conclude that. Brothers Grimm , Children's literature , Fairy tale 1844 Words | 5 Pages. Compare the ways in which Carter combines the fairy tale and the Gothic in 'The Courtship of Mr Lyon' and 'The Tigers Bride' the fairy tale and the Gothic in definition, ‘The Courtship of Mr Lyon’ and barangay health center, ‘The Tiger’s Bride’ Below are some suggestions for dissertion what your . Essays Violence! essay might contain.

However these are not prescriptive, feel free to definition, develop your own response as much as possible. You could: Compare the openings of about barangay, each story – you might explore the dissertion definition Winter setting and thesis barangay health center, the use of snow as a symbol – how does the opening differ in feel and tone in each story? You may feel the first story seems much more romantic and dissertion, fairy tale like. Beauty and the Beast , Fairy tale , Number of the Beast 1945 Words | 5 Pages. and goddess. Similarly, in the tale of Cupid and Psych, the beautiful Psych fails to overcome her curiosity in two insistences.

Finally, in The . Grimm Brother’s 1944 Fairy Tale The Blue beard, the man with the blue beard gave his wife clear instructions to ghostwriter.com, specifically not go into dissertion definition one room. She too proves to succumb to the burning desire to know what is behind the closed door. Essay! In the myth, How the dissertion World and thesis skin, Mankind Were Created, Pandora, like many women in fairy tales is extremely curious. She was. Beauty and the Beast , Brothers Grimm , Charles Perrault 1500 Words | 4 Pages. Comparative Analysis of Transformation Motifs in Fairy Tales. Unlike most fairy tales , Beauty and definition, the Beast has been a traditional tale where there are two paths to be . History Thematic Essay! developed in which Beauty faces challenges and the transformation that is sustained by Beast. Therefore, this shows how two opposing allegorical characters resolve their differences in joining wedlock. The version of Beauty of the dissertion Beast by essays on sports violence Madame de Beaumont shows how Beauty's happiness is found on dissertion definition, her abstract quality of man and the environment, good features. Dissertion! In this version, Madame de Beaumont not only stresses. Beauty and the Beast , Fairy tale , Frog 2808 Words | 7 Pages.

The Life You Save May Be Your Own: Antithesis to corporate thesis, a Fairy Tale. too good to be real with the quaint happy endings that typically conclude fairy tales ; not with Flannery O'Connor's writings, . Dissertion! which depict sarcasm with disquieting twists and mordant characters. One of O'Connor's most successful works, The Life You Save May Be Your Own epitomizes her writing style that is characteristically seen by many as grotesque and man and, sardonic. This short story represents the dissertion antithesis of a fairy tale , ingeniously warping its vital elements?damsel in distress (Lucynell, the. Damsel in distress , Fairy , Fairy godmother 1034 Words | 3 Pages.

Custom Essay Order -
What is a dissertation? definition and meaning - BusinessDictionary com

colorado state essay Conservationist and NG Emerging Explorer. The Colorado River winds through the Grand Canyon. Photograph by dissertion Pete McBride. Colorado River water was diverted into these potash-mine settling ponds near Moab, Utah. Essays! Photograph by Pete McBride. This aerial view shows the wetlands of the Cienega de Santa Clara, 40,000 acres of definition, vegetation and the environment essay, wildlife habitat in Mexico's Sonoran Desert that have been revived with waste water from the Yuma Desalination Plant. Photograph by Pete McBride. The Colorado River winds through several national parks and numerous canyons, including the Nankoweap Canyon in definition, Arizona.

Photograph by ghostwriter.com Pete McBride. Water is dyed blue to expedite evaporation at a potash facility. Photograph by Pete McBride. Eerie patterns can be seen in dissertion definition, the Colorado River's parched delta. Photograph by the environment essay Pete McBride. the Colorado River and its dozens of spectacular tributaries carved out the Grand Canyon and dissertion definition, scoured the Rockies, flushing mineral-rich sediment to the sea. These rivers weren't always in flood, but they never ran dry. Today, however, the second largest tributary, the Gila, is mostly bone dry in its lower reaches through Arizona; the Salt River—supplying Phoenix—no longer makes it to a confluence with the Gila; the Santa Cruz is seen beneath Tucson bridges only during rare floods; and the Colorado River itself, almost unbelievably, stopped running to the sea in most years after the completion of Glen Canyon Dam in 1966.

The river hasn't flowed to on sports violence the Sea of Cortez in Mexico since 1998. What happened? In a word: agriculture. A steady march of population growth and climate change has exacerbated conditions, but it all began with farming, much of dissertion definition, it supported by ghostwriter.com taxpayers in a feverish desire to dissertion definition settle the West. Ghostwriter.com! After irrigation ditches and definition, canals were hewed into the arid ground, farmers planted wheat, then hay. Those crops, along with cotton, citrus fruits, 90 percent of the nation's winter vegetables, and almost any other plant imaginable, now consume about man and 70 percent of the Colorado River Basin's water. Our green lawns, golf courses, swimming pools, and generally thirsty cities also take a share of the dwindling water, as do reservoirs, where 15 percent of the basin's water evaporates into thin air each year. Although people tend to think of the Colorado as a single channel that slices through the Grand Canyon, the river system is really made up of scores of major tributaries that are collectively known as the Colorado River Basin. Running as red and dissertion, warm as fish blood, or as emerald and essays on sports violence, cold as a glacial lake, its 242,000-square-mile (626,777-square-kilometer) drainage area alternates between the primeval and the altered. The basin's drainage covers a percentage of the definition U.S. that's almost identical to the percentage of Africa drained by the Nile. The Colorado River is global history both servant and dissertion definition, scenic wonder to the 36 million Americans it supplies with water.

It is also one of the health center siltiest, most litigated over, and frequently paddled rivers in the world. It is now widely accepted that population growth and climate change will cause ever more intense water shortages in the West, much like the travails of Egypt over the long-disputed Nile. Despite all this change, the massive Colorado River Delta, bearded with salt grass, is still one of the most wild and beautiful places betwixt source and dissertion definition, sea: lush with unexpected groundwater in its center and surprisingly alive with rattling kingfishers, circling mallards, probing cattle egrets, mischievous ravens, prowling ospreys, and snakelike cormorants diving for fish. If you're listening carefully, the thesis about mournful cry of loons can be heard mimicking the howl of coyotes, as if to say, Please give us back our river. From Source to dissertion definition Sea. Calamity, arguing with its split personality, Beauty. I know this because I've slept on the delta's muddy yet cracked, salt-stained sand, which washed down from the about barangay health center Grand Canyon.

It took me five months to paddle there, 1,450 miles (2,330 kilometers) from the Continental Divide, plunging as much as 90 feet (27 meters) per vertical mile through bone-breaking rapids, then spilling out into reservoired calms that stretch for more than 300 miles (480 kilometers) of definition, its path toward Mexico's Sea of Cortez. In the four years since that journey, I've continued my exploration of the essays violence Colorado River Basin's tributaries. Dissertion! My mission is to showcase the breadth and beauty of this river system, as well as investigate the changes of the last century. My primary tool is a camera, along with old landscape photographs that show these waterways in an earlier, PreDambrian state—the term ecologically astute boatmen use to longingly refer to an era before nearly 100 dams were built, dams that now stop sediment flow and unnaturally refrigerate river temperatures. The Grand Canyon's crux rapid, Lava, drops 37 feet (11 meters) in less than 100 yards and routinely flips the two-ton rafts of the best boatmen. Yet 195 miles (314 kilometers) upstream, unbeknownst to most of the on sports two million annual visitors staring down at what they think of as the national park's violent central artery, the dissertion Colorado River is unnaturally controlled by the Glen Canyon Dam, standing 710 feet (216 meters) high. The Green River, the largest of the Colorado's tributaries, once flushed half of an ocean liner's worth of sediment 730 miles (1,175 kilometers) every day through Wyoming and Utah, briefly draining western Colorado before reaching its Utah confluence with the Colorado River. The particulate-carrying force of the Colorado River and its sandy tributaries then doubled—to an estimated six trillion pounds of silt per day—as it raced another 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) to the sea, building backwaters and sustaining flora and fauna with life-giving minerals. But now, dams like Glen Canyon have trapped the silty life force of these rivers beneath many reservoirs.

To demonstrate these effects I scour archives, from the National Archives in Maryland to the Bancroft Library in California, and when I find a compelling black-and-white image of ultrasonic thesis, a pristine river within the region, I seek out the original photographer's bankside camera stations and definition, take a new photo. This work of repeat photography is essays violence akin to definition a treasure hunt: whole days of paddling, walking, or driving while trying to line up riverbanks with distant mountains just as they were aligned in the old photos—which were often captioned before modern towns and river place-names existed. Although I usually find my photographic quarry, in many instances the thesis skin scenes are so overgrown with towering invasive plants that I can't see, let alone photograph, the river. Still, more often than not, I strike gold. As if disembarking from a time machine, heart pounding, I stand in the footsteps of the great, glass-and-gel-plate, pioneer lens men like Timothy O'Sullivan, who learned his craft while photographing carnage on Civil War battlefields and then arduously hauled his boat up the lower Colorado; William Henry Jackson, who opened a photography studio in Denver after accompanying government survey teams around Western rivers; and a latter-day disciple, Louis C. Dissertion! McClure, who photographed dams, railroads, and river-irrigated agricultural areas in the Colorado River Basin into the mid-19th century.

Discovering their historic camera stations and unveiling radically changed riverscapes always makes me feel like I have unearthed buried anti-treasure, revealing the secret, hidden costs of essays on sports violence, Western reclamation. In this post-DamNation, one of many restoration projects targets ancient fish that still swim in the basin's waters. Four of these warm-water, silt-adapted species—the pike minnow, the humpback chub, the bonytail chub, and the razorback sucker—are now endangered because the silt- and migration-blocking dams also refrigerate the dissertion water temperature by dropping cold, mid-level (instead of warm, surface) reservoir water into the rivers below. The beauty of these fish is in their uncanny adaptation to man and the environment a bygone era—a trait not seen in their newly introduced trout and bass predators. In the PreDambrian, pike minnows ranged over 1,000 miles (1,600 kilometers) of river and definition, grew to 5 feet (1.5 meters), but they are now as stunted in ghostwriter.com, range as they are in growth.

The humpback chub has neuromast chemoreceptors on its head, allowing the dissertion species to smell (rather than see) faraway food in silty water. The torpedo-shaped and camouflage-backed bonytail chub, rarest of all the essays violence native fish, disappeared from the dissertion Lower Basin after the construction of Hoover Dam. And the tuba-lipped razorback sucker dwells in deep water, avoiding ultraviolet light; while mating, the male flashes its uniquely adapted eyes to reflect ambient UV light and scare off any male competitors. These four species have no commercial value. If caught by imperialism fishermen they have to be immediately released, and they're passed by in favor of the more palatable, non-native sport fish. Yet these four species are essential, endemic symbols of the dissertion definition river system's uniqueness and are found nowhere else in the world. Dams have flipped off their evolutionary light switch. Highways crisscross the desert in Phoenix, Arizona, where population growth has put a major strain on essays violence, resources.

Photograph by Pete McBride. A dense subdivision borders undeveloped desert in Las Vegas, Nevada. Many homeowners there practice xeriscaping with natural plants that require little water, to help reduce the toll on the dwindling Colorado River. Definition! Photograph by Pete McBride. Downtown Las Vegas struggles with the ultrasonic spray pyrolysis thesis need to dissertion definition balance water consumption with tourism and a growing population. Photograph by Pete McBride. Phoenix uses twice as much Colorado River water as any other city, in part for the area's famous golf courses. Photograph by Pete McBride. Like these fish hidden beneath the water, human-caused alterations on essay, the surface are complex, and my image pairs don't always show the ill effects or root causes of the dissertion river basin's transformations.

Population growth is one factor affecting the rivers. Over the last century, more people has meant more demand for water. Ghostwriter.com! Since first apportioning river water to seven states through the Colorado River Compact in 1922 and subsequent agreements, the basin states' population has increased ninefold. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, many of the cities dependent on definition, basin water have grown even more: The greater Las Vegas area in 1920 had just over barangay, 2,000 people; now it has almost 2 million. In 1900 Phoenix had 5,554 citizens; today it has 1.48 million. Although forecasting how changing climate will affect water within the dissertion definition basin is an imprecise science, scientists expect the region to get hotter and drier. A study by corporate thesis the Department of the Interior's Bureau of Reclamation (the federal agency that manages the dissertion Colorado River) in August 2013 projected that the water in ultrasonic spray thesis, Lake Mead will decline to 1,060 feet (323 meters) by July 2015, which would likely result in water shortages being declared for 2016. The Bureau of Reclamation also recently released a study predicting that by 2060, the dissertion Colorado River's flows will decline by 8.7 percent.

That's equal to the amount of water canaled to Los Angeles, which gets half of its water from essays on sports, this river. Other models show even greater declines. As for the lingering drought that began in October 1999: Historically, droughts are a part of normal climatic variations, yet tree-ring records show only three longer droughts in the basin within the definition past 1,300 years. Studying my then-and-now image pairs for signs of a changing climate, I find evidence of recent forest fires, loss of river flow, and natural and unnatural geomorphologic changes such as destruction of meanders and disappearance of sandbanks. The Environment! I also see the growth of invasive and water-consumptive plant species like tamarisk and Russian olive, along with an incredible greening of river valleys that were barren in the 19th century. And there are many signs of the conceit of dissertion definition, human engineering, from ditches to global essay dams, transforming once pristine rivers throughout the southwest into sportsmen's paradises—in other words, reservoirs—frequented by definition loud motorboats, harboring the gasping Asian carp and invasive quagga mussels, and heavily stocked with sport fishes; and history thematic essay imperialism, irrigation canals, contaminated with pesticides and agricultural runoff, that largely serve dairy cows (60 percent of the water used for irrigation, or about a third of the river, goes to definition grow hay and forage crops, according to the Pacific Institute). Why Should We Care? and hundreds of other species that rely on the river, we should care because the Colorado flows through all of us. Many of us use it in our showers and pools, and in the fountains and green parks that our children play in.

It is thesis health real estate (equity plummets with water levels). It is our wallets: a collective $26 billion per year from the recreation economy, and 250,000 sustainable jobs. It is our livelihoods: I have friends who depend on the river for their work as boatmen, fishing guides, defenders of water rights, teachers, photographers, hay growers, farmers, and realtors. We eat the river in cheese and definition, beef and global history imperialism, vegetables, products that are made with water from the Colorado and then shipped all over dissertion definition, the world. Spray! We wear it (as cotton and flax) and condition the air with it, while creating energy with it and growing gardens with it and drinking it in cities far from its banks—such as Los Angeles, San Diego, Denver, and Phoenix.

The river winds through the Rocky Mountain, Black Canyon of the Gunnison, Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, and Grand Canyon national parks. We hike along it, swim in it, and skip stones in it. Let's face it, the river is the beating heart of life itself, and when it—the Colorado, the Green, the San Juan, the Gunnison—no longer runs, the Southwest will become as dried out dissertion definition, as old toast. Jonathan Waterman treks across the skin dry Colorado River Delta, which was once thriving with life and definition, an indigenous culture. History Thematic Essay Imperialism! Photograph by Pete McBride. The Colorado River Delta once teemed with fish, but now their skeletons can often be found in the dry, cracked mud.

Photograph by Pete McBride. Many animals, like this Rocky Mountain toad swimming in the Little Colorado tributary in Arizona, are threatened by dissertion definition receding water levels. Photograph by ghostwriter.com Pete McBride. There are many solutions for the Colorado. Conservation—large-scale xeriscaping (switching to landscaping plants that don't need much water), irrigation reform, a more watchful eye on definition, the consumptive water-energy nexus, and discretionary crop planting—can send a lot of water back to the rivers where it belongs. According to a recent report from the Pacific Institute, replacing about 10 percent of the basin's irrigated alfalfa acreage with cotton and wheat could save about ghostwriter.com 250,000 acre-feet of dissertion definition, consumptive water use each year. And water use by the Colorado River's outlying farmlands, such as those in the Imperial Valley near the Mexican border, could be halved if farmers irrigated their crops with pipes underneath the soil—as in Egypt, which is ghostwriter.com experimenting with saving Nile water through the use of drip irrigation near the Sudanese border. For all the dissertion definition good ideas yet to global imperialism be initiated, there are as many energy-intensive proposals—such as canaling Green River water over 500 miles (800 kilometers) from Wyoming to Colorado, building desalination plants, or laying pipelines from the Missouri River—that would only accelerate the definition effects of the original reclamation engineering and increase the corporate skin greenhouse gases that helped create today's dilemmas. To reverse the ominous trend of southwestern water wastefulness and dissertion, river destruction, we need more good news like this: In November 2012, the so-called Minute 319 was added to pyrolysis thesis the 1944 International Treaty on the river. The agreement says that over a five-year trial period, a total of one percent of the historic flows will be sent south to dissertion definition the Colorado River Delta to rejuvenate native flora and fauna and, hopefully, to reach the ghostwriter.com sea.

Although one percent is not a lot of water, it will simulate the seasonal floods of old and keep the riverbed wet. Minute 319 is a unique collaboration between the dissertion Mexican and U.S. governments and a coalition of conservation organizations, each of which is responsible for delivering a third of the water committed to essays the delta under the agreement. In addition to definition helping set restoration goals, conservation groups are raising funds to buy water rights from current users. In time, if we follow this example of budding restoration, we'll have the opportunity to revive dozens of other western rivers. Or we can begin bidding them goodbye. While I was paddling from source to sea, a week's journey below the Continental Divide, in a terrific wind near Kremmling, Colorado, I had an encounter that encapsulated the work we need to do for the river. A rancher on the shore angrily shouted that I was trespassing.

But I hadn't touched his land, so I pulled over to talk. users live outside the basin. The river is pyrolysis going to definition hell in a handbasket, he said, referring to ghostwriter.com changes on the river, including a recent catastrophe caused by definition a neighboring rancher who had opened up a ditch headgate in low water and man and the environment essay, drained the Colorado headwaters for a day. Dissertion! It was an uncommon event, but with distant water users seeking more diversions, ranchers—along with fishermen, boaters, and myriad other downstream users—watch the river go bony each fall. Eventually, the rancher agreed with me that river landowners and recreationalists are all in the same boat. Ghostwriter.com! More than 36 million of us depend on this ancient river, although it's used and dissertion definition, undoubtedly adored by millions more. We can read more than a billion years of time on the walls it has carved. The river itself—a Pliocene relic—is older than our most precious monuments, older than the ghostwriter.com Parthenon, Stonehenge, or the definition Pyramids. On Sports! It predates us all.

The least we can do is save it for dissertion our children. Jonathan Waterman is a writer and thematic imperialism, photographer based in Colorado. In 2010 National Geographic published his book Running Dry: A Journey From Source to Sea Down the Colorado River. He is dissertion also the coauthor, with Pete McBride, of global essay, The Colorado River: Flowing Through Conflict.

inserted by FC2 system