Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Writing an admission essay

Writing an admission essay

Mar/Wed/2018 | Uncategorized

Tips for Writing an Effective Application Essay

Writing an admission essay

Write My Research Paper for Me -
Essay writing tips to wow college admissions officers | Voices From

ap calculus homework Part 2 : List of book problems that should be done AFTER you feel confident with the problems in an admission essay, part 1. You will work out these problems on two great military history the coversheet with all the problems and will write the answers on the answer line. Show all work. The answers for these WILL NOT BE POSTED . These will be graded on right or wrong. Writing Essay? These should not be too difficult IF you do part 1 first. You will staple the “cover sheet” to the front of your homework for part 1. Part 3 : AP Style questions based on this section. It will be another worksheet/packet that will be multiple choice and free response questions. This will be turned in separate from the book work; do not staple it to the homework from the book. ANSWERS POSTED AFTER COLLECTED. The test is 33 questions in length You can have the passing time to get started Not much room for error if you would like to score a high grade on it Most of this test does not require a calculator, however, I will let you use one of the class inspires. No HP Prime, CAS, or any other calculator will be allowed.

If you do not agree with this, you can take it without a calculator. Any of those calculators can calculate derivatives without a value and for this test, it is expected you do it without the calculator. Okay so here are some tips over rebel in confederate military, the problems to be covered Finding derivatives of inverse trig functions Finding derivatives of simple expressions involving trig functions, radicals, and polynomials Related rates problem ( maybe two- Involving pythagoreans theorem, area of circles, etc. None of the complicated ones (not much time)) Derivative of a log or natural log problem Finding slope of a function by finding the derivative 1st Determine where the an admission function has a horizontal tangent Given position, know how to find velocity and acceleration Know how to find average velocity over an interval Know how to find a derivative of a function and Songkran Informative essay, then use a table to find the value of the derivative at that number Find second derivatives Know the difference when parentheses are involved with trig functions and when their not Know your product rule Know your quotient rule Be able to find the derivative of a function using the an admission essay chain rule AND the quotient rule! Know how to find the derivative of y using implicit differentiation Know your cases when a function is not differentiable Use implicit differentiation to find the slope at a point Be good at finding the equation of the tangent line at a given point of x-value (find the derivative, find the Songkran Informative essay slope, find the point (if only given x) and then write the equation Know how to find acceleration given velocity and using the Writing an admission essay quotient rule :) Know how to differentiate e using the chain rule as well Know when a particle changes directions Know how to find when a particle is moving right or left Know how to find the derivative of a function involving a,b,c etc as constants KNOW ALL DERIVATIVE RULES. Anything covered from this semester is fair game from section 1.1-3.4 A lot of this exam is based on club essay concepts and Writing essay, skills along with MENTAL math and censorship in mass, your ability to work problems out without a calculator; this could be tedious for an admission essay some but unfortunately, part of the rigor to the course. Your exam is loosely based on the exam review. The exam review/weekend review is to two great armies an essay in confederate, help reinforce many of the concepts taught to you but those questions are not everything that was taught to you or were they written like AP questions If you would like an extra 10 minutes for your exam, get to class as soon as you can and start the exam during the passing time Every question on the exam is a concept, a rule, a fact, that was taught to you at some point in the course and Writing, not it is essays black consciousness, your job to demonstrate mastery of that objective. This exam focuses on two of the three big ideas for Calculus: Limits and Writing essay, Derivatives. Students must have a solid, intuitive understanding of limits and be able to compute various limits, including one-sided limits, limits at infinity, and infinite limits.

They should be able to in mass media, work with tables and Writing an admission essay, graphs in order to estimate the limit of a function at authentic problem, a point. Students should know the algebraic properties of limits and techniques for finding limits of indeterminate forms, and they should be able to apply limits to understand the behavior of a function near a point. Students must also understand how limits are used to determine continuity, a fundamental property of Writing, functions. Using derivatives to describe the rate of change of one variable with respect to another variable allows students to understand change in a variety of contexts. Essay? In AP Calculus, students build the derivative using the concept of Writing an admission essay, limits and use the derivative primarily to compute the instantaneous rate of change of a function. Applications of the derivative include finding the slope of a tangent line to a graph at a point, analyzing the essays black consciousness graph of a function (for example, determining whether a function is increasing or decreasing and finding concavity and extreme values), and solving problems involving rectilinear motion.

Students should be able to use different definitions of the derivative, estimate derivatives from tables and essay, graphs, and apply various derivative rules and properties. In addition, students should be able to apply the Mean Value Theorem, and be familiar with a variety of real-world applications, including related rates. These two paragraphs summarize what you can expect to two great armies military, find on the exam. Finding derivatives, slope, tangent and normal lines will be huge. Finding limits of an admission, all types and limits involving L'Hopitals Rule. All derivative rules are fair game.

Continuity questions and the 3 requirements for continuity to exist. Position, velocity, and acceleration concepts. Different notations for derivatives will be used and higher order derivatives will be asked of ib history tips, you to find. Know the difference in graphs from f, f', and f''. Know how to use process of elimination in your answers to save you some time on Writing the mc section! Know the black consciousness different types of discontinuity. Essay? Know how to find extrema and do the armies in confederate military math by hand with fractions! Know how to use the first derivative test and find where a fxn is increasing and decreasing. Know how to use the second derivative test and finding intervals of Writing essay, concavity, points of inflection, and using the 2nd derivative test sometimes to find extrema.

Also know the Mean Value Theorem. Know how to Songkran essay, find limits by an admission, hand with no calculator and when none of the tricks, including LHopitals Rule doesnt work. Know when a derivative is authentic problem solving, undefined. Know how to find horizontal asymptotes and the tricks to finding them. Know how to essay, use implicit differentiation and know how to rebel an essay military history, solve a related rates problem. The exam is an admission, broken up into four parts. Final exam review ( you are welcome- a few points of the exam come from the weekend review and yes, it is graded) Multiple choice with a calculator (9 questions long) Free Response Questions No Calculator (2 questions each in parts) Multiple choice with NO CALCULATOR (40 questions) 2. I would give yourself no longer than an authentic, hour for the two calculator portions.

I would save at least an hour for Writing the 40 question no calculator section. If you don't know how to start the problem in about 30 seconds, skip it and come back to it.

Buy Essay Online -
How To Write A College Essay | MIT Admissions

Middle School Memories [writing prompt] This guest post is by Writing an admission My Transforming Stories, a writer who prefers to ib history essay writing, stay anonymous until his book is published (which he hopes will be soon!) You can find his blog at Writing an admission, mytransformingstories.blogspot.com. Throughout your high school or middle school careers you probably made many memories. Turn those memories into writing. Remember that first kiss, or when you flunked a math test, or tried to make the best senior prank possible? Write about the joy club essay that!

Write for fifteen minutes, and Writing essay when you’re finished, post your practice in the comments section. Photo by Woodley Wonderworks. Here’s my practice: It was the end. Josh stood on the wooden stage that he knew he would remember forever. The lights shined from above. Josh could see the authentic, shadows of a few hundred sitting in Writing an admission essay the audience. His heart fluttered as he walked towards my principal; he held Josh’s diploma in his right hand, holding it out so Josh could snatch it from his hand. Josh made my way towards, knowing that his family would be watching him and taking dozen of rebel armies an essay in confederate pictures.

They were already cheering and clapping, making themselves heard. In that moment he felt nothing except nerves. Sweat beaded down his neck when Josh finally made his way towards his principal and his diploma. Josh reached forward and Writing an admission gently grabbed his diploma from his principal’s hand and simultaneously moving his tassel to the opposite side and then shaking his principal’s hand. Josh’s diploma was visible to the joy luck club essay, the audience and he saw flashes of an admission pictures, no doubt coming from the silhouettes of my family. As Josh slowly walked back to seat he thought to black consciousness, myself, this is the end. Writing? For the club movie, first time ever I would have to move on, grow up and face a new stage in my life. Josh’s stomach felt very fuzzy, like every organ in his body was floating. Josh looked around at his class. The crowd gave one final round of applause for the whole graduating class. All of Josh’s great memories up till now flashed in Josh’s mind, one by one.

Now Josh would move on to even more amazing memories. Essay? Josh smiled; middle school was over, but his life would just be beginning. HI there… there are some strange POV shifts between Josh and I? Weird – even my husband noticed them! It may have been written in first person originally, and censorship in mass then changed to a third omniscient with some oversights in the edit. Also, the link doesn’t work for me. An Admission Essay? I get a message saying the blog doesn’t exist.

I see that too and thought maybe it was some kind of new experimental thing but I can’t figure it out. definitely. Essay Writing Tips? Maybe he was writing about an admission essay himself, even thought it was 3rd person so kept on switching my/myself for his and himself? I guess reinforces the importance of ib history essay writing tips editing our own work… Back in the day, art classes used an adhesive called rubber cement. Writing? It came in these bulbous, brown jars with an application brush attached to Songkran Informative, the jar lid. Inevitably, our hands would be dotted with this rubbery substance by end of an admission essay class. We couldn’t wait to pick the essays black consciousness, rubberized glue off our hands and flick at an admission, some unsuspecting classmate. Authentic Problem? You could almost count that we would just wipe a big glob of the adhesive in the palms of our hands for future use. (On to the next class) Citizens Education was the next class after Art.

If you can, try to imagine at least 6 fun-loving, American Indian girls seated together at the back of the class, one of whom was my crazy cousin seated to the left of essay me. Now, Cit Ed was a pretty boring class. The Joy Club? We needed something to keep us entertained. It didn’t take long before my cousin, Pam pulled out her dried ball of essay rubber cement. Leaning on in mass media essay, one elbow, she pushed the little brown ball through the fold of her arm with her other hand.

This would set everyone to giggling as the Writing essay, little “terd” fell out from Songkran Informative, between her forearm and bicep. One time, she put a small ball of rubber cement up her nose. It would shoot out like a bullet. Writing? Only one time, the bullet was a dud. I kept waiting for black consciousness movement, the explosion, but nothing happened. Pam held down one nostril and blew and blew. Finally, the panic in her eyes signaled her demise. (Pam never panicked because she was the toughest girl in essay our group.) Quickly raising my hand, I interrupted our teacher, Ms. Brown. “Ms Brown, Pam put rubber cement in her nose and can’t get it out.” I was trying to sound calm.

I can’t even imagine what was going through Ms. Brown’s mind. By this time, everyone in the class was giggling out loud, especially the boys. When I think back to rebel in confederate, my middle school days and how much trouble my friends and I were to some of our teachers, it makes me want to go back and apologize a hundred times over (especially, now that I’ve been on the receiving side). But fifty years later, we still get a big laugh out of an admission essay it. Hey Shelley, great memory very funny, well done.

Glad you enjoyed. Thank you, Suzie. That was funny, kind of like spit balls but more complicated. I can see the show off being laughed at and not being able to inhale fully due to an essay in confederate military, the wad of glue. Very funny. It was definitely one of those times that “stuck” with us. Thanks, Marianne. I started reading and just knew the rubber cement had to connect with someone’s nose somehow. I used to roll a dab between my fingers and then attach it just on the inside of my nose so it looked liked I had a dangler. I should have included a description of our visit to the nurse.

It was a precision tweezer removal. My little sister put a bean up her nose once when the Brownies were making bean bag paperweights for Father’s Day presents. She had to go through the Writing, tweezer thing. I remember the tweezers as being huge but maybe it was because I wasn’t much older than she and was scared. Well I’m getting a laugh out of it right now Shelley! Kids will be kids huh. Songkran? I really like your easy writing style.

Why thank you, Yvette. Writing Essay? Next to Informative essay, so many “experts” here, I was wondering if I was even on Writing an admission essay, the same playing field. The great thing about The Write Practice is, no matter who you are, expert or no, your contribution is appreciated #128578; Keep up the good work Shelley! Fourteen and bolshie. What a combination for any teacher to deal with. Songkran? That’s what me and my mates thought so we would hang out for most of the day in Writing the top bogs, smoking.

Sometimes me and rebel armies an essay military history Milton would have enough of everyone else and we’d take ourselves off to our office. The bottom bogs had the cistern above the pan so to touch it you’d have to stand on the edges of the pan. An Admission? Inside our office’s cistern was a bottle of vodka, me and Informative Milt would take it in turns to swig. Idyllic days and sweaty nights, that is how we spent our fifteenth year till Milt got pregnant, had an abortion and the whole world (entire town) blamed me. “Fourteen and bolshie” aren’t we all the same, those of us who have a bit of the rebel about us anyway. I love this mainly because despite the fact that I had to essay, look up bolshie and that bogs and cisterns and pans aren’t words I come across very often the story is two great rebel an essay in confederate history, much the same for most of essay us here. Informative Essay? “Fourteen and bolshie” tells a familiar story. I was going to write in American, and call it middle school but realised your cisterns probably never were six feet or more in the air. Vodka and an admission essay ciggies though – universal for those type of rebel in confederate girls. I like it when you write in Irish, but do have to look things up. Just don’t hit mewith gaelic or not too much of Writing an admission essay it. We didn’t have cisterns where I grew up, water was from the lake, but they had one here a huge city block sized one (I’m not even sure that’s still called a cistern).

It had a statue of black consciousness a Greek water bearer in the middle of it but now its drained and closed up. Would have been a great place for a body in a murder mystery. When I was young, many homes (including mine) had cisterns in the basement to collect rainwater. Of course, it was only good for washing. Drinking water was taken from our well. Essay? Such good memories. aon fhadhb Marianne nil a fhios agam aon fhocal amhain an Ghaeilge ach usaid a bhaint as google aistritheoir – gaire. which means no problem Marianne I have no word of essay tips Irish and Writing an admission essay use google translator – lol. I sense a leaning toward mystery going on the joy luck club essay, Marianne. Thinking of writing one?

It seems every middle school kid is from the same mold, regardless where they’re from. I forgot all about the Writing, times we hid in censorship the girls’ lag smoking. Your description takes me right to the movie, “To Sir, With Love”, one of my favorite young adult stories. that book was on our booklist for school. The movie did not portray in graphic detail like the book did. I got kicked out of Writing essay a boyfriend’s house watching that. I listened to the track out side MM world in Las Vegas.

This book follows me round. No one notices that I (female) made someone else pregnant, maybe mt first person needs work! Maybe I need work – to come across more feminine or gamine or something. You didn’t write that you “made” her pregnant, only that you were blamed for writing, the situation. I sort of figured that the birds and the bees stuff is pretty universal and that you meant that you’d been seen as the essay, bad influence who’d led her down that road making her ripe for trouble…

I have no clue about some of these words, yet the tone still comes through. Great last sentence! And now we look at children like this and slowly shake our heads at their naivety. Just credited you (and this site) on the Merriam Webster site. They wanted to essays black consciousness movement, know where I came across the term bolshie… Short, sweet, and heavy-hitting! Middle school defined me. Writing An Admission Essay? I was in two great rebel in confederate military Southern California, and I was cool with my Hammer Pants and PCH t-shirts. Although I lived six miles from the beach, I was more into skateboarding.

There was only one problem. I sucked. So I tried basketball. I’m 35 now, and essay I’m five foot and the joy luck club a half on my tiptoes, so you can see my dilemma. But I overcame. Writing An Admission Essay? My dad taught at the school, and we lived right across the street, so I was in the gym all summer.

Every day. For hours.I was so absorbed in developing my skills that I didn’t even have time to ogle the high school cheerleaders who practiced in the gym occasionally. Occasionally, they would ask me to leave because I was distracting them. So I’d go outside and practice on the blacktop courts. For three summers, I stayed in that gym. An Irishman taught me how to execute a crossover dribble that ended in a pull-up jump shot.

I played HORSE with some of the teachers who needed a break from lesson plans. Essay? I helped the Coca-Cola guy fill up the soda machine. I was in essay that gym when the Gulf War started. I was in censorship in mass the gym when my father walked in, bloodied and broken, crushed bicycle in hand. I was in Writing an admission essay the gym when I said goodbye to my friends for the last time before we moved across the two great armies, country to my new high school. My new basketball coach didn’t like my fancy California skills. Reverse lay-ups and no-look-behind-the-back passes were not part of his fundamentals. But I learned the Writing an admission essay, game watching Earvin “Magic” Johnson. Censorship In Mass Media Essay? There was no other way. So when the Writing an admission essay, last few seconds ticked off the clock during our homecoming game, I stole the ball near mid-court and charged the basket. Ib History Writing Tips? The defensive center was the an admission essay, only player who stood in my way.

My double-pump got him off his feet and gave me room to ease my body under his outstretched arm. Two Great Armies An Essay In Confederate? I swung my right arm as far under the an admission, basket as I could. Essay? I released the an admission essay, soft, leathery orb with enough of a spin so that it caught the right side of the glass backboard and bounced back toward the goal on the left. I never saw the ball go in, but I heard the explosion of the crowd as the final buzzer sounded. The skills I taught myself in junior high made me a hero in tips high school. They gave me the confidence in Writing college. And now they are skills that my son wants to learn.

*Disclaimer: This took more than the allotted 15, but I couldn’t keep track of time that well because two little ones insisted on Songkran Informative essay, going right to bed without any fuss at all. This reads just like an excerpt from an admission, your book. You’re writing one, right? No, I just made this up tonight. I’m not writing a book about my life yet. I’m working on something else at the moment. Authentic Solving? Does an Writing essay, author share my name? I was hoping my comment with spurn you in to one.

I see what you did there. That was some smooth writing. Tips? I don’t even like basketball but I enjoyed that. Thanks. I hope that lighting bolt didn’t hurt too bad after writing that sacrilegious atrocity about the best sport ever. Thanks for the compliment. Jason, really liking this, uncluttered, smooth, good stuff. Thank you for such kind words, Suzie.

Yup, I agree. Well written piece. An Admission? Actually, although I stopped mine in the joy club essay the middle when the buzzer went off, I am beginning to gather that the 15 minutes is to Writing an admission essay, get us started, if your juices are flowing, go for it! Thank you, Mirel. I had to stop and start at least three times because my boys were demanding attention. Speaking of… Loved this.

Its a great piece of writing and I too spent my middle school years in So Cal wearing MC Hammer pants. Thanks for that flashback. Thanks, Leti. Songkran Essay? I lived in Vista after a stint in “The Valley.” Good writing, man! I didn’t get the Hammer pants and the whats-it t-shirts because I’m old! but I’m glad I kept reading! The image of your father walking in “broken and bloodied, carrying the bicycle” is unforgettable and gives your story a gritty reality that arrests the Writing, reader. Good job!

You don’t remember those baggy, colorful pants that made MC Hammer popular in the 80s? PCH = Pacific Coast Highway. It was a popular brand back then, too. I appreciate your comments, John. Thank you.

…….yeah, well, not only am I old, I’ve never been outside of Informative Texas for more than a month at a time, so we’re lookin’ at a bubba factor here too! ‘Transforming’ moments in High school. it was my second day at a new school, I was feeling handicapped by my previous few years of home schooling, and before that almost two years of being the rebel child who made all the wrong decisions. It was my first class in geography for the year, and Writing an admission essay I had already made the blunder of choosing the wrong class, and then having to be sent to the right one. So, as you can imagine, I was pretty embarrassed. Oh well, I thought, as I sat down by myself under the impatient gaze of the teacher, who as I found out later, had a bark worse than her bite. I noticed as I began writing up my title page for the class that there were two ‘cool’ boys to ib history tips, my right and that they were leaning back in Writing essay their seats looking at media, me with more than curiosity.

This made me nervous, for I had been used to being almost invisible to Writing essay, guys, especially those in the ‘cool’ class in the joy school, unless I was with one of an admission essay those girls who are gifted with natural beauty and charisma. Later, during the class, the closest guy passed me a note and gestured to the guy next to him who grinned at me and Informative winked. I was most definitely out of my depth, the note was rather flattering while at the same time being insulting. It read, from Writing an admission essay, what my memory still has, ‘Hello, sexy red head, please call me, [and a number was supplied]’ and then it was signed. For the consciousness movement, purposes of myself and Writing essay the poor guy who was involved, I won’t mention the name of the guy. The note was transforming to me, because as I stared at authentic solving, it, and glanced at the interested guy nearby, I realised that maybe I was interesting to guys and not only for my friends presence [this, since I was alone at an admission essay, the time].

Maybe this guy liked me, and only on first appearances. I won’t explain anything else about rebel armies in confederate history this incident, because in Writing an admission the end of confidence was broken since the Informative essay, whole thing was a gag. But that moment, when I read that note, I felt a surge of confidence, and it took me at least a few months to come down from that high. It was for me, a transforming moment, and i’d like to remember the first part and not the an admission, part where I felt admired, than later when I lost it and two great armies an essay in confederate became slightly more aware of the fickleness of teenage boys. R, like the writing, well done.

An artificial transforming moment. That’s a great idea so clearly laid out. That happens more than we would like to Writing, think I imagine. Found this one hard to write. The gong sounded and the joy club hadn’t really gotten to Writing an admission essay, the story, I’ll let you guess…

Their class was the consciousness, largest class in the new school: 5 twelfth graders, 8 eleventh graders, 36. tenth graders and 22 ninth graders. An Admission Essay? Tenth grade ruled! Teachers hesitated before entering their. classroom. Substitute teachers would.

leave their room in tears. Ib History Essay Writing Tips? Some even. While the Writing essay, class had strong students and weak students and its own cliques, test taking was open. game. Informative Essay? The goal: everyone getting better. grades. The game plan: doing whatever. possible to pull one over on Writing, the teacher. Passing notes, angling one’s paper so that it could be seen in the row.

behind you: anything you could get away. with was kosher. Essays Black Consciousness? Till Miss Abramowitz. Miss Abramowitz was the youngest teacher in the school. Nineteen years old, fresh out of college.

almost the an admission essay, same age as her older students. And yet, when Miss Abramowitz walked into essays movement, the room, backs straightened, talking. ceased and even the tenth grade class became orderly. Mid-term season came, and the tenth graders. were at the height of an admission their test-taking skills: One test after another, with girls exchanging all their tried and true. methods for studying, sharing information and cribbing. Then Miss Abramowitz walked into the room. “Girls, I have your mid-term exam. here. You have 45 minutes to complete. it.

Look at this test, ask any questions. you may have now, for I will be leaving the room. I am giving this test relying on the honor. system. I am relying on your honor. Now look at the test.

Any questions?” The girls sat dumbfounded. Ha good one Mirel, …. finish it please. Okay, here it is, finished: Their class was the largest class in the new school: 5 twelfth graders, 8 eleventh graders, 36. tenth graders and writing tips 22 ninth graders. Writing? Tenth grade ruled! Teachers hesitated before entering their. classroom.

Substitute teachers would. leave their room in tears. Some even. While the class had strong students and weak students, and its own cliques, test taking was open. game. The goal: everyone getting better. grades.

The game plan: doing whatever. possible to pull one over on the teacher. Passing notes, angling one’s paper so that it could be seen in the row. behind you: anything you could get away. with was kosher. Till Miss Abramowitz. Miss Abramowitz was the youngest teacher in censorship the school. Nineteen years old, fresh out of college.

almost the Writing, same age as her older students. And yet, when Miss Abramowitz walked into the room, backs straightened, talking. ceased and even the tenth grade class became orderly. Essays Consciousness? Mid-term season came, and an admission essay the tenth graders. were at the height of Songkran Informative their test-taking skills: One test after another, with girls exchanging all their tried and an admission true. methods for luck essay, studying, sharing information and cribbing. Then Miss Abramowitz walked into Writing an admission, the room. “Girls, I have your mid-term exam. here.

You have 45 minutes to complete. it. Look at this test, ask any questions. you may have now, for I will be leaving the room. Should you need me, I will be in the. library. Ib History Tips? I am giving this test relying.

on the honor system. I am relying on. your honor. Now look at the test. Any questions?” The girls sat dumbfounded. There were some nervous giggles, no one quite sure what to expect. But once Miss Abramowitz glanced around and saw that there were no more. questions, she bent down to retrieve her small bag, tossed her long blond hair.

over her shoulder and did indeed walk out the room. When the sounds of her heel clicking down the. hall towards the library could no longer be heard, the class was the quietest. it had ever been. Girls glanced at each.

other in consternation, not quite sure how to Writing an admission essay, react, but bit by bit, heads went. down, pens and pencils were picked up and the writing began. There were one or two girls who begged for. answers, quietly, circumspectly but the essays movement, room was still. Everyone ended up bent over her own paper, doing the best she could. Nine and Writing an admission a half years of being taught about God and black consciousness movement godly.

traits, the importance of honesty and sterling qualities did not seem to have. had much of an effect on that unruly class. Yet one minute from that young teacher had made the girls contemplate, many for the first time, their own moral integrity. The class remained an exceedingly unruly class, and yet, for. many of an admission essay those girls, those 45 minutes were a watershed moment. Many of the girls never cheated again. Many began to examine their behavior and set. limits on themselves.

I should know, for. I was one of them. Thank you, Miss. I loved that. You have a good sense of pacing. Well done. Thank you! I’d forgotten how much I love to write. I’ve spent too long working on outside writing (english testing, whole ‘nother story). Essays Black? I’m beginning to remember…

I like the name Miss Abramowitz. Don’t know if that part was fiction or not, but there’s nothing like a good name to set scene. Actually, didn’t want to use her real name, so the name is fiction. The rest is pretty right on. I looked at the crowd and gulped. I can’t do this. Not with all these people looking at me, expecting me to mess up. At least, that’s what I thought I was doing. Voice cracked. Writing Essay? Yikes. Two Great Rebel Armies History? I forget a dance step and essay I, basically, look like I wasn’t meant to be here.

I have always been into arts; writing, singing, and drawing, particularly. The problem was that I NEVER revealed my talent to anyone but my brother, unless I was going under a fake name. (You see now why my name is Puffy?) When I was 9, I was already so good in writing that people assumed I was an adult. At that same age, I made my cousins–most of them around twenty or above–taste losing as I beat them in countless drawing contests. So I decided to in mass media, work on my singing. I loved singing in the shower, and my parents told me I had a fantastic voice. I was supposed to sing “This is Me” in a talent show for my school’s Christmas party.

I practiced day and night, and sometimes I even fell asleep humming the song’s tune. It was the day of the Writing an admission, party and I was dolled up in a sparkly red gown. I tried psyching myself up by rehearsing the song and the joy luck club dance again and Writing essay again. Then everything went wrong. First of all, the girl singing directly before me sang the exact same song, and this time while playing the guitar and having her friend play the keyboard. The applause was so loud, I think I can still hear it ringing in my ears. Second, my shoe broke, and since I had no spare ballet flats, I had to perform with a worn out shoe. Third, I always had terrible stage fright.

The moment I stepped on the stage, my heart sounded like it was playing heavy metal and I was sweating an ocean. I obviously didn’t win. I was so humiliated that I stopped singing altogether for a whole two weeks. But I didn’t let that stop me. With the luck, help of Writing essay my mom and my friends (they were all awesome cheerleaders), I started performing again. For the first few acts, I still had stage fright and I honestly expected everything to go wrong. However, things got better and better. At my last gig, I sang for 2 000 people and I didn’t break a sweat. Everyone was telling me how awesome I was. Some of black consciousness movement my performances were chaotic, but who cares?

That’s middle school for an admission, you. I like the metaphor about the heart playing heavy metal. It fits right in with the theme. Good job. This is semi-fictional, mostly non-fiction. I’ll let you figure out which parts are which. Two Great An Essay History? #128521; A month into seventh grade at Higson Jr.

High and I had. figured out the social strata of this upper class backwater. Moving from. apartment to flat to duplex throughout the sketchier neighborhoods of the city. made me street-wise and world-weary. Oakdale was no different. My mom thought. she was doing better for Writing essay, us; a safer area, an in mass essay, actual house, a ‘good’ school district.

She didn’t know Oakdale was a regular Port Charles, just like that fictional. town on ‘General Hospital’, including the ubiquitous bottled blondes and. feathered bangs. And those were the Writing an admission, sixth graders. Everyone had an angle, just. like in the city, but unlike the city they had the connected parents and money. to disguise it. Drugs, sex, backstabbing gossips that ruined reputations behind.

the braces, Izods and Farrah hair. Families had lived here for generations, and. even teachers played the Songkran Informative, game, favoring those they knew were the offspring of. power and money. Athletes were particularly sainted, and sexually attacking the opposing team’s cheer squad in their locker room was laughed off as boys being boys.

I guess they were supposed to handle it since they were eighth grade girls. Within thirty days I learned all this, as well as which. bathroom to avoid after third period, not to an admission, even act like you looked at two great armies in confederate, Jim. Weller because his crazy cheerleader girlfriend Linda will threaten to beat you. down, although she probably never attempted anything that would possibly break. a nail, that you could get a joint from Mr. Hecht the art teacher and that all schools in Writing essay the district had chocolate shake machines in. the cafeteria. Problem Solving? What was an Writing an admission essay, unconnected poor kid from the city to authentic problem solving, do to break.

into this closed world? Get assigned to the school newspaper in journalism. class. That was the way to make a splash. I like the street-wise humor with which this is written; humor that has a barb or two behind it, as unfolds nearer the end. I would read a book about this school if the characters were developed . Writing An Admission? . . Authentic Problem? . Thanks, John. I may have to develop it. There’s a lot of material to work with, fortunately or unfortunately, depending how you look at it. Writing An Admission Essay? #128521; It is the spring of 1969.

Today the teacher of my all-white ninth-grade English class has an unusual assignment. Luck Club Essay? In her no-nonsense manner, so that we could not but realize she was utterly serious, Miss Kirk says, “Take out a sheet of paper, please, and write a short essay, one to two paragraphs, completing the following sentence: ‘If I were black . . . ‘ .” There are three black students in my school, all siblings, two brothers and Writing an admission essay a sister; the the joy luck club movie, older brother, who is in my grade, is far and away THE star of the football team, faster and an admission essay bigger than any white boy and able to block and to run away with that ball; no one else can touch him. Authentic Problem? The other brother and sister are both younger than me. This is the extent of my personal knowledge of black people to this point in my life. I stare at the blank notebook paper in front of me. On the race question, all I can think of are generalities that came out sounding like the moralism I hear every Sunday in church. Writing? I pick up my pen and slowly begin forcing out the words. The worst is yet to come: Miss Kirk’s next step is to collect our responses and read them out loud to consciousness, the entire class. My cheeks burn with surprised embarassment when I hear my own words in her voice: “If I were black, I would be striving to Writing, . The Joy Luck? . .”.

I instinctively cringe at my own fatuous patronization, though I don’t yet know these words that describe what I’ve written today. But then I am absolutely stunned when Miss Kirk quotes a student from another class as having written: “If I were black . . . if I were black — I can’t think of anything more horrible.” I can sense the immediacy and emotional honesty in those words, though I’d never admit it. An Admission? But the consciousness, expresssion is just too jarring to the comfortable view of Writing things I nervously try to armies history, maintain, and at that very moment, an image of the an admission, segregated graveyard where they buried my grandpa three years ago rises in my mind. Ib History Essay Writing? The small “black” section is separated from the nearest “white” graves by Writing essay the width of the road you drive on, and is distinguishable by the rough, irregular, smallish sandstone markers, long flat rocks simply rounded on one end, turned on edge and censorship media driven into the ground, with perhaps a pair of initials crudely but deeply scratched into the rock, designating the final resting places of the remains of an admission essay African-Americans, slave or slave-descended. Whereas, of course, nearly all of the white people’s headstones are examples of the finest work of their day in in confederate military marble or granite or dark heavy metal, with full names, birth and death dates, epitaphs, depictions of angels or patriarchs or lambs all expertly engraved or stamped on them.

Sitting in that warm and close classroom, I immediately and Writing impatiently push the image back down again. The rest of the period will be one for authentic problem solving, staring out the open window and Writing an admission essay wishing I was riding my bike. I am simply not ready for the horror. that was both well written and thought provoking IMO John. Thank you very much Marianne! I really like how the censorship in mass, use of present tense places me in that room with the narrator. Writing An Admission Essay? I feel the discomfort. Movie? Nicely done.

Thank you! I find that the immediacy of the present tense often works really well for me. This was excellent. You transported me to that classroom and I am shifting in my seat, trying to forget the whole thing. An Admission Essay? Very real and visceral.

First person POV fits this very well. Thank you, Kristin, for your very encouraging words! I apprciate them very much. I am a new joinee in club movie your community. I want to write about the memories of essay my school days while I was passing by the highways after 13 years.

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
College Essay Examples for 13 Schools + Expert Analysis

The 2009 H1N1 Pandemic: Summary Highlights, April 2009-April 2010. Updated: June 16, 2010. This document summarizes key events of the 2009 H1N1 pandemic and Writing an admission essay CDC€™s response activities for historical purposes. The Joy Movie Essay. This document is a summary; it is not a comprehensive account of all CDC actions and activities nor is it intended to represent response efforts by other agencies and partners. The 2009 H1N1 influenza (flu) pandemic occurred against a backdrop of pandemic response planning at Writing an admission all levels of government including years of developing, refining and regularly exercising response plans at the international, federal, state, local, and community levels.

At the time, experts believed that avian influenza A (H5N1) viruses posed the greatest pandemic threat. H5N1 viruses were endemic in poultry in parts of the world and were infecting people sporadically, often with deadly results. Given that reality, pandemic preparedness efforts were largely based on a scenario of severe human illness caused by an H5N1 virus. Despite differences in Songkran Informative essay, planning scenarios and the actual 2009 H1N1 pandemic, many of the systems established through pandemic planning were used and useful for the 2009 H1N1 pandemic response. CDC€™s response to the 2009 H1N1 pandemic response was complex, multi-faceted and long-term, lasting more than a year.

This document seeks to document for Writing an admission, the public the in confederate history, key events of the pandemic as they unfolded and CDC€™s response. The following is essay a summary narrative of highlighted CDC-related events from the Informative essay, 2009 H1N1 pandemic. 2009 H1N1 was first detected in the United States in April 2009. Writing Essay. This virus was a unique combination of influenza virus genes never previously identified in either animals or people. The virus genes were a combination of genes most closely related to North American swine-lineage H1N1 and Eurasian lineage swine-origin H1N1 influenza viruses.

Because of this, initial reports referred to the virus as a swine origin influenza virus. However, investigations of initial human cases did not identify exposures to pigs and Informative quickly it became apparent that this new virus was circulating among humans and an admission not among U.S. pig herds. Infection with this new influenza A virus (then referred to as €˜swine origin influenza A virus€™) was first detected in a 10-year-old patient in California on April 15, 2009, who was tested for influenza as part of a clinical study. Laboratory testing at CDC confirmed that this virus was new to humans. Two days later, CDC laboratory testing confirmed a second infection with this virus in another patient, an 8-year-old living in Songkran essay, California about 130 miles away from the first patient who was tested as part of an influenza surveillance project. There was no known connection between the Writing essay, two patients.

Laboratory analysis at CDC determined that the viruses obtained from these two patients were very similar to each other, and different from any other influenza viruses previously seen either in humans or animals. Testing showed that these two viruses were resistant to the two antiviral drugs amantadine and rimantadine, but susceptible to the antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir. CDC began an immediate investigation into the situation in coordination with state and local animal and human health officials in California. The cases of 2009 H1N1 flu in California occurred in the context of sporadic reports of human infection with North American-lineage swine influenza viruses in the United States, most often associated with close contact with infected pigs. (During December 2005 €“ January 2009, 12 cases of human infection with swine influenza were reported; five of these 12 cases occurred in patients who had direct exposure to pigs, six patients reported being near pigs, and in mass essay the source of essay, infection in one case was unknown). Songkran Informative Essay. Human-to-human spread swine influenza viruses had been rarely documented and had not been known to result in widespread community outbreaks among people. In mid-April of essay, 2009, however, the detection of censorship media, two patients infected with swine origin flu viruses 130 miles apart, raised concern that a novel swine-origin influenza virus had made its way into the human population and was spreading among people. CDC remained in close contact with the international health community as the outbreak unfolded and on Writing an admission, April 18, 2009, under the International Health Regulations (IHR) the United States International Health Regulations Program reported the 2009 H1N1 influenza cases to the World Health Organization (WHO).

The cases also were reported to armies an essay the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), Canada and Mexico, as part of the Security and Prosperity Partnership of an admission essay, North America. CDC worked closely with state and local animal and human health officials on epidemiological investigations by censorship essay tracing contacts of both patients to essay try to Songkran determine the source of their infection and by examining whether there was any link between the patients and pigs. Surveillance also was enhanced to try to detect additional cases of human illness with this virus. Based on the geographic location of the first cases, lack of contact between these cases and swine, and data collected through contact tracing and laboratory testing, CDC epidemiologists suspected that human-to-human transmission of this virus had taken place. In an article entitled Swine Influenza A (H1N1) Infection in Two Children --- Southern California, March-April 2009 published on April 21, 2009 in the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR), CDC described the cases and requested that state public health laboratories send to CDC all influenza A specimens that could not be subtyped. That same day CDC responded to media inquiries related to the MMWR from medical reporters. Within a day, three additional samples of this new virus were identified in Writing, San Diego County and Imperial County California hospitals and sent to CDC for further testing.

CDC laboratory testing confirmed that these samples also were positive for the virus that would come to be called €œ2009 H1N1.€. By April 21, 2009, CDC had begun working to develop a virus that could be used to make vaccine to protect against this new virus (called a candidate vaccine virus). There are many steps involved with producing a vaccine €“ the first step is getting a good high yield vaccine virus. Armies In Confederate Military. A high-yield vaccine virus is a sample of the Writing an admission essay, virus that is used to grow the rebel armies an essay in confederate, virus in mass quantities in chicken eggs. Once the virus is grown in mass quantities, the virus particles are then purified to make vaccine. Recognizing that 2009 H1N1 was a new flu virus €“ and, like all flu viruses, unpredictable - CDC simultaneously pursued multiple scientific methods to an admission essay create a high-yield virus. A virus isolated at CDC, (called A/California/07/2009) was eventually chosen to be the vaccine virus used to consciousness movement make vaccine. CDC sent the Writing, vaccine virus to vaccine manufacturing companies so that they could begin vaccine production, in the event that the U.S. government should decide a vaccine was necessary. CDC activated its Emergency Operations Center (EOC) on April 22, 2009, to coordinate the response to this emerging public health threat.

Response activities were organized into a team structure according to censorship in mass media essay the National Incident Management System (NIMS)These teams had different areas of focus including but not limited to: surveillance, laboratory issues, communications, at-risk populations, antiviral medications, vaccine, and Writing essay traveler€™s health issues. Censorship In Mass Media Essay. As the an admission essay, outbreak unfolded, team structures and staffing were periodically assessed for functionality and problem utility. On April 23, 2009, samples submitted by Texas revealed two additional cases of human infections with 2009 H1N1, transforming the investigation into a multistate outbreak and response. At the same time, CDC was testing 14 samples from Mexico, some of which had been collected from patients who were ill before the first 2 U.S. (California) patients. Results from seven of the samples were positive for Writing an admission, 2009 H1N1 and similar findings were reported for specimens submitted by Mexico to black Canada. It had now become clear that cases were occurring in multiple countries and Writing an admission human to ib history essay tips human spread of the virus appeared to be ongoing. That same day CDC held the first formal full press briefing to inform the media and guide the public and health care response to the rapidly evolving situation. CDC held nearly 60 press briefings during the 2009 H1N1 response. On April 24, 2009, CDC uploaded complete gene sequences of the 2009 H1N1 virus to a publicly-accessible international influenza database, which enabled scientists around the Writing an admission, world to use the sequences for public health research and for comparison against influenza viruses collected elsewhere, and an updated report on the outbreak was published online in the MMWR. World Braces for Possible Pandemic. On Saturday, April 25, 2009, under the rules of the International Health Regulations, the Director-General of WHO declared the 2009 H1N1 outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern and recommended that countries intensify surveillance for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia.

Also on April 25, 2009, New York City officials reported an investigation into a cluster of influenza-like illness in a high school, and CDC testing confirmed two cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza infection in Kansas, and another case in Ohio shortly after. On April 26, 2009, the United States Government determined that a public health emergency existed nationwide; CDC€™s Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) began releasing 25% of the supplies in rebel in confederate history, the stockpile that could be used to protect and treat influenza. This included 11 million regimens of antiviral drugs, and personal protective equipment including over 39 million respiratory protection devices (masks and essay respirators), gowns, gloves and face shields, to in mass essay states (allocations were based on each state€™s population). As part of the nation€™s pre-pandemic planning efforts, by April 2009 the Federal Government had purchased 50 million treatment courses of antiviral drugs €“ oseltamivir and zanamivir €“ for the SNS, and states had purchased 23 million antiviral regimens. After the determination of the public health emergency, FDA also took action to expand possible usage of antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir by issuing Emergency Use Authorizations (EUAs).

The EUAs allowed for use of the products in a manner different from what they were FDA-approved for. This included allowing for an admission essay, off-label use of: oseltamivir to treat children younger than 1 year of age and to help prevent influenza in children 3 months to black consciousness 1 year of age, and; oseltamivir and zanamivir to treat patients who are symptomatic for an admission, more than two days before initiation of treatment, or who had complicated illness requiring hospitalization. On April 27, the WHO Director-General raised the black movement, level of influenza pandemic alert from phase 3 to phase 4, based primarily on epidemiological data demonstrating human-to-human transmission and the ability of the virus to cause community-level outbreaks. Based on an admission, reports of widespread influenza-like-illness and many severe illnesses and deaths in Mexico, CDC issued a travel health warning recommending that United States travelers postpone all non-essential travel to Mexico. Ib History Essay Writing Tips. As in past influenza seasons, CDC urged the public and especially those people at highest risk of influenza-related complications, to protect themselves by taking antiviral drugs early in their illness when recommended by Writing essay their doctor; CDC also advised that everyone take every day preventive actions like covering coughs and sneezes and staying home from in mass media essay work and school when ill to help reduce the spread of illness. On April 29, 2009 WHO raised the influenza pandemic alert from phase 4 to Writing an admission phase 5, signaling that a pandemic was imminent, and Songkran requested that all countries immediately activate their pandemic preparedness plans and be on high alert for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia.

The U.S. Government was already implementing its pandemic response plan. CDC continued to post and update guidance for states, clinicians, laboratories, schools, partners and the public on an admission essay, topics ranging from the non-pharmaceutical measures communities could take to limit spread of disease, to problem how to evaluate a patient for possible infection with 2009 H1N1 influenza, to Writing an admission how to care for two great armies military history, children who might be sick with 2009 H1N1 influenza. On April 30, 2009, CDC issued an MMWR Dispatch describing the initial outbreak of 2009 H1N1 influenza in an admission, Mexico. Findings in Mexico indicated that transmission in Mexico involved person-to-person spread with multiple generations of transmission.

CDC also issued an MMWR Dispatch on the outbreak of 2009 H1N1 influenza infection in writing, a high school in an admission, New York City, that was, at the time, the largest reported cluster of 2009 H1N1 cases in the United States. The Dispatch suggested that the high school age students had respiratory and fever symptoms similar to those caused by a seasonal flu, but in addition, about half had diarrhea, which is two great rebel in confederate history more than expected with seasonal flu. As the details of the outbreak unfolded, the Federal response continued in high gear. Also on April 30, 2009, HHS announced that the Federal government would purchase an Writing essay additional 13 million treatment courses of antiviral drugs to help fight influenza. The additional treatment courses would be added to Informative the SNS. As the outbreak spread, CDC began receiving reports of school closures and implementation of community-level social distancing measures meant to Writing slow the spread of disease. School administrators and in mass media public health officials were following their pandemic plans and doing everything they could to slow the spread of an admission essay, illness. (Social distancing measures are meant to increase distance between people.

Measures include staying home when ill unless to seek medical care, avoiding large gatherings, telecommuting, and implementing school closures). CDC Laboratories Bolster Nation€™s Testing Capacity. While initial efforts were underway to ib history essay develop a safe and effective vaccine to protect people against 2009 H1N1, work also was being done at Writing CDC to help laboratories supporting health care professionals to more quickly identify the 2009 H1N1 virus in samples from patients. The real-time PCR test developed by CDC was cleared for use by diagnostic laboratories by ib history essay FDA under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) on April 28, 2009, less than two weeks after identification of the new pandemic virus. Writing An Admission Essay. Prior to the availability of this EUA, public health laboratories had been able to identify whether influenza A viruses were seasonal influenza viruses or were a novel strain, but the new diagnostic kits allowed labs to confirm a virus as 2009 H1N1. On May 1, 2009, CDC test kits began shipping to censorship domestic and international public health laboratories. (Each test kit contained reagents to test 1,000 clinical specimens).

From May 1 through September 1, 2009, more than 1,000 kits were shipped to 120 domestic and 250 international laboratories in 140 countries. Once labs had the test kits and verified that their testing was running properly, they were able to identify new cases more quickly than before and no longer needed to send samples to CDC for Writing essay, lab confirmation. The transition away from CDC lab confirmation testing didn€™t happen overnight though - between April 23 and May 31, 2009, CDC influenza laboratory analyzed about 5,000 influenza virus samples, five times the number that were processed in censorship in mass, a similar timeframe in 2008, and more than during any previous influenza season. By May 18, 2009, 40 states had been validated to conduct their own 2009 H1N1 testing, with eight states having multiple laboratories able to do their own testing. CDC alerted the public that the expansion in testing capacity would likely result in a jump in the number of an admission, 2009 H1N1 cases, but that this would actually present a more accurate picture of the true scope of 2009 H1N1 influenza in the United States.

By May 1, 2009, CDC had identified some interesting things about the 2009 H1N1 virus. Researchers had confirmed earlier testing that the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus was a quadruple-reassortant virus, meaning that it contained virus genes that originated from four different influenza virus sources. Some of the censorship, gene segments originated from North American swine influenza viruses, some gene segments originated from North American avian influenza viruses, one gene segment originated from Writing an admission a human influenza virus, and two gene segments were normally found in swine influenza viruses from Asia and in Europe. Testing of a number of the virus samples submitted to CDC showed that they were very similar, which means they likely originated from the same source. Laboratory testing showed that the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus did not have any 1918-like markers that had been associated with increased risk of severe disease. Testing also did not find genetic markers that were previously associated with high death rates in people infected with the avian influenza A (H5N1) virus in other countries..

On May 4, 2009, CDC shifted from reporting confirmed cases of essay tips, 2009 H1N1 to reporting both confirmed and probable cases of 2009 H1N1. Writing An Admission Essay. At that point, more than 98% of Informative essay, €œprobable€ flu virus samples were testing positive for 2009 H1N1, indicating the ever-growing scale of the outbreak. Probable cases were reported to essay CDC by state health departments and occurred in two great armies an essay military, people who tested positive for influenza A and essay negative for armies an essay in confederate history, seasonal influenza A(H1N1) and A(H3N2) subtypes at their state health department laboratory, but whose samples had not had confirmatory testing for the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus. CDC Shares Personnel, Guidance, Early Results of Studies. CDC deployed a large number of staff to the field to support the outbreak response; by May 1, 2009, 50 staff people were deployed, and essay that number climbed to more than 100 by May 11, 2009, before gradually declining as field teams returned from deployment to complete studies, analyze collected data, and black consciousness movement help inform policy decisions for the prevention and control of 2009 H1N1 influenza. Over the course of the outbreak, more than 3,300 people from an admission throughout CDC would support the response. On May 6, 2009, CDC distributed recommendations for the use of influenza antiviral medicines to solving provide guidance for an admission essay, clinicians in prescribing antiviral medicines for treatment and prevention (chemoprophylaxis) of censorship media essay, 2009 H1N1 influenza. CDC recommended that testing and antiviral treatment be prioritized for people with severe respiratory illness and people at high risk of complications from seasonal influenza. This included children younger than 5 years old, pregnant women, people with chronic medical conditions, and people 65 years and older. On May 8, 2009, CDC issued an MMWR updating the situations in Mexico, the United States, and worldwide, and on May 15, 2009, CDC€™s Travel Health Warning recommending against non-essential travel to Mexico, in effect since April 27, 2009, was downgraded to a Travel Health Precaution for Mexico. By this point in essay, the outbreak, about half of the joy luck club movie, all influenza viruses being detected through laboratory surveillance were 2009 H1N1 viruses, with the other half being regular seasonal influenza viruses, including seasonal influenza A H1N1, influenza A H3N2 and type B viruses.

Surveillance reports indicated that the largest number of 2009 H1N1 influenza confirmed and probable cases (about 57% of cases) were occurring among people between 5 years and 24 years of age, and 41% of the hospitalizations were occurring among older children and young adults. The highest rates of an admission essay, hospitalization were among children younger than 5 years of the joy luck essay, age; the next highest hospitalization rate was in people 5 years to 24 years of age. Based on data from Writing an admission previous influenza pandemics and seasonal influenza, pregnant women had been recognized as a high-risk group early in the outbreak. Early data on armies an essay military history, 2009 H1N1 illness among pregnant women was reported in an admission essay, an article published as an MMWR Dispatch on May 12, 2009. This article emphasized the importance of empiric treatment (treatment without confirmatory testing) of black, pregnant women suspected to have 2009 H1N1. People with other previously recognized medical conditions that placed them at high risk of complications from seasonal influenza also appeared to an admission be at increased risk of complications from 2009 H1N1 influenza. In this report, seventy-one percent (71%) of hospitalized patients had one or more underlying chronic medical conditions. Reported deaths had occurred in luck movie essay, people ranging in age from 22 months old to 57 years old. Also, only 13% of hospitalizations had occurred in people 50 years and older, and there were few cases and Writing no deaths in people older than 65 years, which was unusual when compared with seasonal flu. Early results of an antibody study conducted by CDC indicated that children had no existing cross-reactive antibody to the joy the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus, while about one-third of adults older than 60 years of age had cross-reactive antibody against the 2009 H1N1 flu virus. Writing. One possible explanation for this pre-existing antibody in older adults was that they may have had previous exposure, either through infection or vaccination, to an influenza A H1N1 virus that was more closely related to the 2009 H1N1 flu virus than contemporary seasonal influenza A (H1N1) viruses are.

Data from the joy club movie essay a similar study suggested that seasonal influenza vaccine would not provide any significant protection against 2009 H1N1 influenza virus. On June 11, 2009, WHO signaled that a global pandemic of 2009 H1N1 influenza was underway by further raising the worldwide pandemic alert level to Phase 6 . That day, CDC held its first press conference with the new CDC Director Thomas Frieden, MD, MPH. The press conference had a total of 2,355 participants. At the time, more than 70 countries had reported cases of 2009 H1N1 infection, and community level outbreaks of 2009 H1N1 were ongoing in multiple parts of the world. The WHO decision to Writing an admission essay raise the pandemic alert level to Phase 6 was a reflection of spread of the virus in other parts of the authentic, world and not a reflection of any change in an admission essay, the 2009 H1N1 influenza virus or associated illness. To date, most people in the United States who had become ill with 2009 H1N1 influenza had not become seriously ill and club movie had recovered without hospitalization. After the WHO declaration of Writing an admission essay, a pandemic on June 11, the 2009 H1N1 virus continued to Informative spread and the number of countries reporting cases of 2009 H1N1 nearly doubled from mid-June 2009 to early July 2009.

Significant levels of 2009 H1N1 illness continued, with localized and in some cases intense outbreaks occurring. By June 19, 2009, all 50 states in the United States, the District of an admission essay, Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Songkran Essay. Virgin Islands had reported cases of 2009 H1N1 infection. The United States continued to report the largest number of Writing essay, 2009 H1N1 cases of any country worldwide, although most people who became ill recovered without requiring medical treatment. By late June more than 30 summer camps in the U.S. had reported outbreaks of 2009 H1N1 influenza illness, and CDC released guidance for day and residential camps to reduce the spread of influenza. At the June 25, 2009 Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices Meeting, CDC estimated that at least 1 million cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza had occurred in the joy luck, the United States. In early July, 2009, three 2009 H1N1 influenza viruses that were resistant to the antiviral drug oseltamivir were detected in three countries. (Antiviral resistance is when a virus changes in Writing essay, such a way that the consciousness movement, antiviral drug is less effective in an admission, treating or preventing illnesses caused by the virus.) CDC and WHO partners continued to conduct surveillance for the joy, antiviral resistance, although instances of antiviral resistance continued to Writing essay be detected very rarely. Also in July 2009, CDC reported findings in the MMWR that indicated a striking prevalence of obesity in intensive care patients who were confirmed to have 2009 H1N1 influenza.

Throughout the pandemic, CDC would continue to examine the luck essay, relationship between 2009 H1N1 influenza, obesity, severe disease and other underlying risk factors. CDC continued to work with the Council of Writing an admission essay, State and Songkran Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE) to enhance surveillance for 2009 H1N1 influenza. As 2009 H1N1 cases continued to Writing occur through the censorship in mass media essay, spring and Writing an admission summer, the two great rebel military history, task of counting cases became increasingly difficult. On May 12, 2009, CDC transitioned from reporting individual confirmed and probable cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza to reporting aggregate counts of 2009 H1N1 lab confirmed and probable cases, hospitalizations and deaths with the launch of an aggregate reporting web site. Writing Essay. Once the numbers of cases increased beyond the point where counting of individual cases was practical, on July 23, 2009, CDC reported the number of ib history writing, 2009 cases for the last time. Reporting of 2009 H1N1 hospitalizations and deaths continued. In addition, CDC continued using its traditional surveillance systems to track the progress of the 2009 H1N1 influenza outbreak. Traditional surveillance systems do not count individual cases, but instead monitor activity levels and virus characteristics through a nationwide surveillance system.

CDC worked closely with countries in the Southern Hemisphere to an admission monitor and Songkran enhance surveillance for Writing an admission essay, influenza viruses throughout the summer months. The Southern Hemisphere€™s influenza season began in May 2009 and Songkran Informative countries there reported that 2009 H1N1 virus was spreading and causing illness along with regular seasonal influenza viruses. After mid-July, disease activity in most countries decreased, and by November, temperate regions of the Southern Hemisphere were reporting very little 2009 H1N1 disease activity. In general, the experience of the Southern Hemisphere with the 2009 H1N1 virus was similar to Writing an admission essay what is the joy club essay usually seen during a regular influenza season and did not seem to excessively impact the health care systems in the Southern Hemisphere. Also, surveillance systems did not find significant changes in the 2009 H1N1 influenza viruses circulating in the Southern Hemisphere as compared to viruses isolated from Writing essay people in the Northern Hemisphere. These findings provided the Songkran Informative, U.S. with valuable clues related to what the 2009-2010 influenza season in the United States might be like. Importantly, the lack of significant changes in the virus indicated that the 2009 H1N1 vaccine being manufactured would closely match the currently circulating 2009 H1N1 viruses and likely provide people with good protection against 2009 H1N1 influenza. 2009 H1N1 influenza summer activity peaked in the United States during May and June and declined during July and early August.

However, levels of influenza activity would remain above normal throughout the summer months with localized outbreaks. During the last two weeks of Writing an admission essay, August, 2009 H1N1 influenza activity again began to authentic increase United States. In August 2009, CDC reported an additional two instances of an admission, oseltamivir-resistant virus infection in two immunosuppressed patients in Seattle, Washington. Later, in mid-September, CDC reported two additional cases of oseltamivir-resistant 2009 H1N1 influenza in two summer campers in North Carolina. CDC and partners continued to in mass media carefully track 2009 H1N1 influenza antiviral resistance. As of an admission essay, June 2010 the 2009 H1N1 virus remains susceptible to the antiviral drugs oseltamivir and zanamivir, with rare exception. Cases of antiviral resistance are carefully tracked and updated numbers are posted each week as part of the CDC publication FluView. In late August, CDC began working with the commercial supply chain (manufacturers, distributors, retailers) for certain influenza countermeasures to problem monitor national inventory levels of critical supplies (antivirals and respiratory protective equipment) on Writing an admission essay, a weekly basis. This visibility provided important data to guide SNS decision-making leading to the release of problem, additional SNS countermeasures.

FDA and the manufacturer of the antiviral drug Tamiflu® (oseltamivir) recognized that commercial and stockpiled supplies of Tamiflu® oral suspension (liquid formulation meant for children) were limited in essay, October 2009. CDC worked with partners to reach pharmacists with background information, updates on antiviral drug supplies, and instructions on how to compound oral suspension from Tamiflu® capsules meant for adults (Compounding is the mixing of drugs by a health care professional to fit the unique needs of the patient). CDC also provided instructions for parents and armies in confederate military history caregivers on how to make a medicine mixture for their child using adult Tamiflu® capsules and thick, sweetened liquid. Writing Essay. CDC also analyzed related surveillance data and based on the analysis over 500,000 bottles of pediatric oral suspension were distributed from the CDC SNS to states to fill production gaps and meet the increasing demand for the formulation. On October 23rd, 2009, FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for Peramivir IV. Peramivir IV is an investigational intravenous antiviral drug used to treat people who have been hospitalized due to severe flu illness. This drug was held in the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS) and distributed by CDC under an EUA. Licensed clinicians were able to rebel an essay in confederate military history request this product through the CDC website electronic request system, and product was delivered directly to hospital facilities. Also in October, HHS authorized the release of an additional 59.5 million N95 respirators. CDC closed out reports of 2009 H1N1 hospitalizations and deaths for the 2008-09 season in late August. On August 30, 2009, reporting modifications were implemented to allow states to report hospitalizations and deaths associated with any influenza or to report hospitalizations and deaths using a pneumonia and influenza syndromic case definition through the Aggregate Hospitalizations and Deaths Reporting Activity (AHDRA).

This change in essay, reporting was implemented in order to provide a fuller picture of the writing tips, burden of Writing an admission, serious flu illness and deaths during the pandemic. The new reporting season for the 2009-2010 flu season began on August 30, 2009, and writing the first new numbers for the 2009-2010 season were reported in the September 11, 2009 issue of FluView. Over the Writing an admission essay, course of the pandemic, CDC refined and revised its surveillance methods, eventually developing a methodology based on surveillance data to estimate the range of 2009 H1N1 cases, hospitalizations and consciousness deaths in essay, the United States. CDC released its first official estimates for 2009 H1N1 cases, hospitalizations and deaths on November 12, 2009, and updated these on December 10, 2009, January 15, 2010, February 12, 2010, March 12, 2010, April 19, 2010 and for the final time on May 14, 2010. The emergence and authentic solving spread of the 2009 H1N1 virus resulted in extraordinary influenza-like illness activity in an admission essay, the United States throughout the black consciousness movement, summer and fall months of 2009. During this period, influenza activity reached its highest level in the reporting week ending October 24, 2009, with 49 of 50 states reporting geographically widespread disease. Essay. A cornerstone of the U.S. Government response to the 2009 H1N1 pandemic was the launch of the national influenza 2009 H1N1 vaccination campaign that began in October. Much activity led up to the launch of the vaccination campaign. Starting in early June 2009, weekly calls were held to provide state and club local planners with vaccine-related updates, and on July 8, 2009, CDC issued guidance for Writing, state and local public health departments to assist them in media, planning for the 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccination campaign. On July 9, 2009, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Education, and the White House held an influenza preparedness summit for federal, state, local and tribal officials to discuss existing pandemic plans, lessons learned, and preparedness priorities.

At the summit, the Federal government announced the availability of essay, $350 million in supplemental funding for use by state, local and luck essay territorial health departments to bolster their response activities to the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic and Writing an admission essay strongly encouraged state, tribal and local partners to be ready to Informative begin a 2009 H1N1 influenza immunization program by mid-October 2009. The 2009 National Influenza Vaccine Summit, a partnership of public and private stakeholders committed to achieving the Writing essay, Healthy People 2010 goals for influenza vaccine, convened on June 29. During the 2009 Summit, attendees were provided updates by experts in several professional fields, including private medicine, public health, health communication, vaccine manufacturing, vaccine distribution, and vaccine-related policy. CDC has been a cosponsor of Songkran essay, this event, along with the American Medical Association, since 2001. In preparation for the 2009 H1N1 influenza immunization program, on July 22, 2009, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced the start of a series of an admission essay, clinical trials to test pilot lots of two manufacturers€™ versions of 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine in healthy people, as well as people with underlying health conditions like asthma and HIV. Essays Black. Preliminary results from the clinical trials were announced publicly. On July 23, 2009, FDA€™s Vaccines and Related Biological Advisory Committee indicated support of FDA€™s proposed plan to license monovalent 2009 H1N1 vaccines via a €œstrain change€ pathway, similar to how seasonal influenza vaccines are licensed. This meant the 2009 H1N1 vaccine would be made in the same way using the an admission essay, same standards already in place for seasonal vaccines; it also allowed licensure to proceed more quickly since it did not require immunogenicity data or additional safety (except for the live attenuated vaccine) data for licensure.

On July 29, 2009, the Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices (ACIP) met to essays black movement make recommendations for 2009 H1N1 vaccine. The ACIP recommended that as many people as possible receive 2009 H1N1 vaccine as quickly as possible. Certain groups of Writing, people were targeted to receive initially limited supplies of the 2009 H1N1 vaccine based on epidemiologic and rebel armies in confederate military history virologic data indicating they were at higher risk for infection or for severe influenza complications. The initial target groups for vaccination were estimated to consist of an admission essay, about 159 million people and included: pregnant women, people who live with or care for infants younger than 6 months of age, health care and emergency medical services personnel, infants 6 months through young adults 24 years of age, and adults 25 through 64 years of two great in confederate history, age who are at an admission essay higher risk for rebel an essay in confederate history, 2009 H1N1 complications because of chronic health disorders or compromised immune systems. The ACIP also recommended that local public health authorities and Writing health care practitioners have flexibility to determine at the local level how quickly and the joy essay when to expand vaccination to other groups because vaccine availability and demand would likely vary by area.

CDC convened three public engagement sessions in mid-August in ten regions of the an admission essay, United States with the purpose of soliciting citizen input into vaccination planning. The public provided opinions to CDC regarding how vaccine should be provided in rebel armies, the U.S., and the information that was collected helped to inform how 2009 H1N1 vaccine was distributed after it was manufactured. An Admission. Ultimately, it was decided that vaccine should be distributed as soon as it was ready so that people could be protected against influenza as soon as possible, versus waiting to distribute vaccine until large quantities were prepared. In late August, CDC published a study in the MMWR that summarized an investigation of laboratory-confirmed cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza identified during April 24-July 25, 2009 in in mass media essay, Chicago, Illinois. The study found that the overall attack rate was highest among children aged 5-14 years (147 per essay 100,000 population), which was 14 times higher than for adults older than 60 years of age. A total of two great rebel armies, 205 (13%) patients were hospitalized, with the highest rate observed among children aged 0-4 years (25 per 100,000), followed by children aged 5-14 years (11 per 100,000). These findings would also provide input into vaccination strategy. By the end of August 2009, prototype vaccines to prevent 2009 H1N1 virus had been developed but were not yet licensed.

Production of the enormous quantities of vaccine necessary to protect the entire U.S. population was underway. An Admission. CDC expanded its contract for the childhood Vaccine for Children program in the United States (McKesson Specialty Distribution), to provide centralized distribution of Informative essay, 2009 H1N1 vaccine. Available vaccine supplies were allocated to states proportional to Writing their total populations and shipped to public and private provider vaccination sites based on orders placed by the states. Participating providers were asked to essays black movement sign a Provider Agreement assuring they intended to meet state requirements for administering vaccine. On September 3, 2009, CDC published in the MMWR a study that had analyzed data related to 2009 H1N1 influenza pediatric deaths reported to CDC from April to August, 2009. Data showed that as of August 8, 2009, 477 deaths with laboratory confirmed 2009 H1N1 flu in the United States had been reported to CDC, including 36 children younger than 18 years of age. Sixty-seven percent (67%) of children who died with 2009 H1N1 influenza had at least one high-risk medical condition.

CDC continued to urge parents to recognize 2009 H1N1 in Writing essay, their children early and to seek medical attention when needed. CDC also reiterated that all children 6 months or older and caregivers of children younger than 6 months should receive the 2009 H1N1 vaccine when it became available. On September 10, 2009, the HHS Secretary and CDC Director joined the National Foundation for Infectious Diseases (NFID) in rebel armies history, a news conference to stress vigilance against seasonal influenza in Writing an admission, an unusual season and urged Americans to get their seasonal flu vaccine early. In addition to NFID, HHS and CDC, the news conference was held in collaboration with the American Medical Association (AMA), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), American College of Physicians (ACP), AARP, and the joy club the National Influenza Vaccine Summit. On September 15, 2009, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced its approval of four 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccines, and Writing essay later, on writing, November 16, FDA announced its approval of a fifth 2009 H1N1 vaccine to protect against the 2009 H1N1 flu virus. The NIH announced on September 21, 2009, that early results from clinical trials of 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine in children looked promising. Preliminary analysis indicated that the vaccines were safe, and that only one dose of 2009 H1N1 vaccine for the majority of 10 to Writing an admission essay 17 year olds would be needed to essays black consciousness generate a sufficient immune response to be protective against 2009 H1N1 influenza virus, but younger children generally had a less robust early response to the vaccine.

CDC recommended that children younger than 10 years receive two doses of an admission essay, 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine. Results of trials conducted among adults were later published in December, and the data indicated that the immune response among vaccinated adults was excellent. The safety data from the joy club these trials also indicated that vaccine side effects were similar to those seen with the Writing an admission essay, seasonal flu vaccines. On September 30, 2009, states were able to place their first orders for luck movie, the 2009 H1N1 vaccine; forty-seven states placed orders on essay, that day, and by October 9, 2009, all states and the District of Columbia had placed orders for vaccine. The first doses were administered on October 5, 2009. Because initial supplies of vaccine were limited, most state and local health departments requested that vaccine be given only to problem solving those in the initial target groups, and many restricted use to those in sub prioritization groups that had also been outlined by Writing an admission ACIP. The first six weeks after vaccines were initially released where characterized by high demand for essays, vaccine and Writing an admission limited availability. On October 23, the ib history, ACIP discussed pandemic vaccine issues, including suitability of the initial target groups developed in July 2009, and concluded that the July guidance remained appropriate.

The ACIP continued to emphasize the role of essay, local decision-making in determining when to begin offering vaccine to essays consciousness movement persons outside initial target groups. As vaccine supply increased, by late November and early December most states had begun easing restrictions for 2009 H1N1 vaccine use, and by late December vaccination had been opened up to anyone who wanted it. Writing An Admission Essay. Also beginning in December 2009, the HHS Center for Faith-Based Neighborhood Partnerships partnered with the HHS Regional Offices to host eleven teleconferences to engage community and faith-based organizations in the 2009 H1N1 flu response. Since most states were easing vaccination restrictions, these calls presented an opportunity to remind key partners that they should check with their local health departments to essays black consciousness movement determine availability of Writing an admission, vaccine. Essays Consciousness Movement. By the week of December 22, distribution of 2009 H1N1 vaccine had been opened up to retail pharmacies so that they could place orders for vaccine directly, thereby expanding the reach and availability of vaccine. In December 2009, CDC published in the MMWR preliminary safety results for Writing essay, the 2009 H1N1 vaccines from the ib history tips, first months of reports received through the U.S. Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), a national voluntary reporting surveillance system and data from the essay, Vaccine Safety Datalink. Results indicated that the vast majority (95%) of adverse events reported to VAERS after receipt of the 2009 H1N1 vaccine were not serious (e.g., soreness at the vaccine injection site).

Of the 3,783 reports, 204 (5%) were reports that involved what would be coded as serious health events (defined as life threatening or resulting in death, major disability, abnormal conditions at birth, hospitalization, or extension of an existing hospitalization). The percentage of reports involving what would be considered serious health events was not substantially different between 2009 H1N1 and seasonal influenza vaccines. The 2009 H1N1 influenza vaccine was manufactured in two great, several formulations, using the same manufacturers and the same manufacturing practices used to an admission produce seasonal influenza vaccine. Monitoring the safety of the flu vaccine continues to be a top priority. CDC and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) worked with other agencies to establish and enhance existing surveillance systems to rapidly detect any unexpected adverse events among persons who are vaccinated and to adjust the movement, vaccination program, if necessary, to minimize risks and maximize benefits from vaccination. Two important systems used to monitor vaccine safety that have been active for Writing an admission essay, 20 years, are the Vaccine Adverse Events Reporting System (VAERS), jointly operated between CDC and FDA, and the Vaccine Safety Datalink (VSD) , a collaborative project between the CDC and eight managed care organizations covering more than nine million members(about 3% of the US population). In Mass Media Essay. These systems are designed to determine whether adverse events are occurring among vaccinated persons at Writing an admission a greater rate than what would be expected.

CDC worked with FDA and other partners to strengthen these vaccine safety monitoring systems and Songkran Informative develop new ways to monitor vaccine safety. In addition, based on the recommendation of the National Vaccine Advisory Committee (NVAC), HHS established the an admission essay, H1N1 Vaccine Safety Risk Assessment Working Group to review 2009 H1N1 vaccine safety data as it accumulates. This working group of outside experts conducts regular, rapid reviews of available data from the federal safety monitoring systems and presents them to NVAC and federal leadership for appropriate policy action and follow-up. Also in essays black movement, December 2009, HHS joined with the Ad Council to Writing an admission launch a new nationwide Public Service Announcements campaign called Together We Can Fight the Flu that encouraged Americans to get vaccinated against the 2009 H1N1 virus. The week of December 18, 2009 marked the first 100 million doses of 2009 H1N1 vaccine available for ordering. The year 2010 began with the National Influenza Vaccination Week (NIVW). NIVW is a national observance that was established to highlight the importance of continuing influenza vaccination after the holiday season into January and beyond. The President of the United States proclaimed the week of January 10-16, 2010, National Influenza Vaccination Week, and encouraged all Americans to observe the two great rebel armies in confederate military, week by getting the 2009 H1N1 flu vaccine and by asking their families, friends and Writing an admission coworkers to do the same. CDC and HHS - in conjunction with the states and many other partners, both public and private - launched a comprehensive NIVW campaign with the objective of raising vaccination awareness, providing educational opportunities, free resources, as well as vaccination clinics. Every year, certain days during NIVW are designated to highlight the importance for certain groups; this year€™s Week was dedicated to highlighting the importance of vaccination for the general public and health care workers, people with chronic health conditions that put them at high risk of serious influenza-related complications, children, pregnant women, and caregivers of infants less than 6 months old, young adults 19 through 24 years old, and people 65 years and older.

For example, the events on Informative essay, Tuesday, January 12 centered on people with chronic medical conditions that put them at higher risk of serious influenza-related complications. An Admission Essay. National activities included a webinar attended by essay writing approximately 1,000 participants. This joint effort was hosted by HHS, CDC, the an admission essay, American Cancer Society, the authentic, American Diabetes Association, and the American Lung Association. In addition, Secretary Sebelius participated in two press conference calls announcing new public service announcements (PSAs) tailored to African American and Native American audiences. Essay. The Director of the Indian Health Service joined the essays black, Secretary in stressing the importance and an admission essay benefits of essay, vaccination. On January 15, 2010, CDC published an Writing article in the MMWR on influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccination coverage in the United States between October and December 2009. Results of the study indicated that efforts to get available vaccine to target groups had largely succeeded. Early on during the 3-month period, 85% of available vaccine reached people within those initial target populations. By the in mass media, end of December, with many programs expanding their vaccine efforts to all populations, 74% of all vaccine given during the program had gone to people in the initial priority groups. On February 18, 2010, the World Health Organization (WHO) published recommendations for the composition of influenza virus vaccines for the upcoming season in the Northern Hemisphere (November 2010-April 2011). The WHO recommended a trivalent (three component) vaccine including a 2009 H1N1-like pandemic virus.

In February of 2010, the components of the 2010-2011 influenza vaccine were announced. An Admission. The 2010-2011 flu vaccine will protect against a 2009 H1N1-like virus in the joy luck, addition to Writing an admission essay an influenza A H3N2 virus and an influenza B virus. The United States experienced its second wave of 2009 H1N1 activity in the fall with activity peaking during the armies an essay military history, second week in October. An Admission. After that, activity declined quickly to in confederate history below baseline levels in January, but persisted for an admission, several more months at lower levels. However, by authentic problem May, influenza activity levels in the United States were low across key flu indicators. Reporting for the 2009-2010 influenza season was finalized on May 28, 2010. Even as flu activity reached normal summer-time levels in the U.S., CDC continued to recommend influenza vaccination, particularly for essay, high risk persons, because of reports of ongoing sporadic cases of 2009 H1N1, ongoing spread of 2009 H1N1 in the Southern Hemisphere and Songkran Informative the possibility that 2009 H1N1 viruses might circulate early during the upcoming flu season.

CDC Communication Activities During the 2009 H1N1 Pandemic. The CDC response to the 2009 H1N1 pandemic was led by Writing an admission essay science and continually evolved to meet the nation€™s needs as events unfolded and as more information became available. However, a consistent underlying communications strategy underscored the writing tips, entire CDC response. Writing An Admission. The strategy is ib history writing based on Writing an admission essay, the emergency risk communications principles of quickly, proactively and transparently communicating accurate information to the public and to partners. This strategy included CDC clearly stating its goals and actions in response to Songkran essay the evolving situation and acknowledging what was not known, as well as what was known. Another important part of the strategy was CDC setting the expectation that information and Writing essay advice would change rapidly as the problem, situation evolved.

From the essay, earliest days of the pandemic, CDC regularly articulated its goals to €œreduce transmission and illness severity, and provide information to black help health care providers, public health officials and the public address the challenges posed by the new virus.€ Throughout the response, in an effort to provide the most helpful information in the most effective ways possible, CDC drew on existing knowledge but also worked with partners to conduct ongoing scientific research and Writing an admission essay evaluation of people€™s knowledge, attitudes and practices related to a number of the joy luck club essay, topics including 2009 H1N1 flu, infection control guidance, and Writing an admission vaccine. Especially during the movie essay, early days of the outbreak, the release of information from CDC and Writing an admission essay exchange of information with partners was conducted on a 24-hour cycle. This included frequent updates to media and the public, the rebel armies an essay in confederate military, consistent use of a core group of an admission, spokespersons, daily information outreach to partners, and rapid establishment and ongoing maintenance of an extensive Web site dedicated specifically to the emergency response for censorship, 2009 H1N1 flu. The goal was not only to Writing an admission be as transparent as possible in all activities related to managing the public health response, but also to maintain credibility and armies in confederate continue to be a trusted source of information for the public and for partners. Beginning early in the response and continuing throughout the year and into 2010, special care was taken to essay keep state and ib history essay tips local public health partners informed of CDC€™s activities.

Key messages were regularly provided to help maintain consistent, clear communication across the response. Special care also was taken to regularly collect feedback from state and local public health partners to help ensure that CDC recommendations were finely tuned to Writing essay what was happening in the field. Regularly scheduled conference calls with the Songkran Informative, Association of Writing an admission essay, State and Territorial Health Officials, the National Association of City and County Health Officials, and the National Public Health Information Coalition proved to be an effective way to share information. In addition, on April 24, 2009, CDC held the first of more than 30 Clinician Outreach and ib history writing Communication Activity (COCA) calls presented on Writing an admission, a variety of 2009 H1N1-related topics. COCA is designed to reach a diverse group of health care providers and provide a system through which clinicians can communicate their educational needs to rebel an essay in confederate military CDC and receive answers to questions about related emerging diseases. At the peak of the 2009 H1N1 response, COCA had more than 41,100 listserv subscribers. CDC also worked hard to keep the policy community informed. Writing Essay. CDC provided responses to the joy congressional requests for information and briefings on 2009 H1N1-related issues, and also provided email and web-based informational updates as the Writing an admission, pandemic unfolded. Ib History Essay. In all, CDC participated in Writing an admission essay, 14 hearings, provided technical assistance in another 12 hearings, issued over three dozen 2009 H1N1 newsletters to policymakers, arranged for two great an essay, over 40 congressional briefings or speaking engagements and fielded over 350 congressional inquiries during the pandemic. There was a concerted effort to get information out as soon as possible and to an admission essay keep the public and partners aware of developments as they unfolded, even as guidance was changing quickly. For example, when relatively few cases of ib history essay, human infection with this virus were lab confirmed and severity of the pandemic was not known, on April 28, 2009, CDC posted guidance for schools and Writing essay advised that they close if they had a suspected or actual case of the flu in order to lessen the risk of spreading 2009 H1N1 into censorship media essay, their communities.

As more information became available suggesting a lower risk of severe illness and death from 2009 H1N1, six days later the Writing essay, recommendation was changed to recommend against school closure for community mitigation purposes. The development of CDC guidance is an in mass essay example of the collaborative communication and Writing an admission essay sharing of information that took place between CDC, HHS, other federal agencies, and external partners. Development of appropriate guidance often relied on CDC communication with many external partners several times a week, with the the joy luck movie, goal of an admission essay, achieving consensus on solving, what the essay, best practice would be given the best science currently available. For example, CDC worked with representatives from a number of organizations including but not limited to Council of State and Territorial Epidemiologists (CSTE), National Association of County and City Health Officials (NAACHO), American Academy of club movie, Pediatrics (AAP), American Academy of Writing an admission essay, Family Physicians (AAFP), American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), Association of in mass media, State and Territorial Health Officials (ASTHO), American College of Physicians (ACP), Infectious Diseases Society of essay, America (ISDA), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), Food and Songkran Informative essay Drug Administration (FDA) and World Health Organization (WHO), during the development of an admission, guidance related to the joy luck club movie everything from surveillance systems to the appropriate use of antiviral drugs during the pandemic. On the topic of vaccination, these discussions helped inform decision-making by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). Apart from ongoing collaboration between CDC and its external partners, the communications response for 2009 H1N1 flu also was characterized by an admission essay ongoing, close coordination between CDC€™s communicators and its scientists to ensure that messages stayed scientifically accurate. Also, CDC communicators took time to regularly analyze feedback from a variety of external sources, including polls and surveys, in order to ensure that CDC's messages were clear. CDC provided a steady stream of in mass media essay, information to audiences across the spectrum: from the public to pharmacists to laboratorians to international partners and countries around the globe. Information provided by CDC reached a myriad of Writing, audiences through a variety of luck movie, channels including but not limited to: a 24-hour information hotline, press briefings for the media, dissemination through health alert networks, daily postings (including video and an admission essay audio podcasts) to the CDC 2009 H1N1 web site, regular updates on Facebook and Twitter, and further outreach by partners and Informative essay partner organizations to their own audiences, just to name a few channels.

For example, in November 2009, CDC kicked off a national travelers€™ health public awareness campaign and urged travelers to plan ahead and stay informed about what to an admission do if they got sick while they were away from home. The campaign used a variety of media, including informational posters distributed at over 300 ports of entry in the United States, national radio and print advertising, and social media and online outreach, which culminated in over 80 million exposures. CDC also coordinated with HHS and the Flu.gov web site and posted communication toolkits for the 2009-2010 influenza season for businesses, employers, childcare groups and Informative essay institutions of higher education. The CDC 2009 H1N1 influenza and seasonal influenza vaccination campaign was made up of Writing an admission, multiple outreach efforts including placement of Songkran essay, articles geared to numerous audiences like parents and young adults, in high-profile media outlets. Article placements led to nearly 403 million overall impressions. Other national outreach efforts made via social media tools, radio ads, two television public service announcements (PSAs), online media banners, and city bus ads. An Admission Essay. Numerous print materials in authentic, multiple languages were made for partners to distribute and were downloaded tens of thousands of times.

Special audiences identified for additional print materials included Native Americans, African Americans, Hispanics, pregnant women, young adults, first responders, and health care workers. In addition to materials provided for Writing, the 2009 H1N1 and seasonal influenza vaccination campaign, CDC provided other key materials in multiple languages. For example, the entire English-language 2009 H1N1 web site was mirrored in Spanish. In addition, key tools and resources were created in essays consciousness movement, Chinese, Vietnamese, Korean, French, German, Arabic, Russian, Amharic, Farsi, Somali, Karen, Burmese, Cambodian, and Writing an admission Kirundi.. In all, between April 2009 when 2009 H1N1 flu first emerged and April 2010, CDC held 60 related media events €“ 39 press briefings and 22 telebriefings €“ for a total of ib history essay, more than 35,000 participants. CDC also hosted its first ever two-day workshop for the news media on Writing essay, the subjects of both 2009 H1N1 influenza and seasonal influenza in late August. Originally conceived to include 12 members of the news media, the attendance grew to over 40 journalists from national, regional and local news outlets representing radio, television, newspapers, magazines, and writing online news media.

Speakers at the event included the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the CDC Director, influenza experts, vaccine safety experts, and Writing an admission laboratory experts. The CDC hotline (1-800-CDC-INFO) responded to more than 211,000 related inquiries from the general public and health care providers, and essays consciousness movement the CDC 2009 H1N1 web site had more than 219,595,000 page views. Also, the number of CDC Facebook fans rose to more than 55,000 fans and the CDC emergency profile on Twitter was tracked by Writing more than 1,200,000 followers. To receive weekly email updates about writing, this site, enter your email address:

Order Essay from Experienced Writers with Ease -
Essay writing tips to wow college admissions officers | Voices From

5 Tips for Writing an admission Preventing Age Bias in Your Executive Resume #038; LinkedIn Profile. Back in ib history writing tips, the job market for Writing an admission essay an executive role? You may have encountered (or wondered about) potential age discrimination when putting yourself “out there” for rebel armies an essay military an executive job search. If you find yourself experiencing rejection in your job applications, the an admission essay, possibility of age discrimination may seem all too real. Yet, it’s possible that you’re actually CALLING attention to your age – more so that your leadership qualifications. Bottom-line, focusing on your executive brand will make the biggest difference to employers. This is particularly true if your work history includes the two great rebel history, leadership skills valued in today’s market, such as cost control, team leadership, fiscal stewardship, contract negotiations, and technology expertise.

Consider these 5 ways to get a better reception from employers – and create an “age-proof” executive resume and LinkedIn Profile – if you believe age is an admission working against you: 1 – Use the summarization technique to display your past leadership roles. Most executives have held increasingly challenging roles at Director, VP, or SVP levels in the past, with career histories extending past the 20-year (or 30-year) mark. While the career progression itself is important, here’s what employers really want to know: How often have you been promoted? What type of team, country, or PL authority did you hold? What results did you achieve – and how did these results magnify over time? In this example of an international CEO and President resume, the luck club essay, main focus is on profit results. With several infographics and charts, this executive’s personal brand message reflected strong cost and revenue improvements in every position.

At the end of the Writing an admission essay, resume, however, earlier positions were shown with no dates—even though specific achievements were listed for ib history essay writing these past roles. Essay. As a result, the candidate’s age is inferred, but not made obvious from the rebel military history, resume. 2 – Add earlier experience under the last job in your LinkedIn Profile. While you may have taken steps to craft an executive resume that reflects your currency in the job market, how about an admission essay, your LinkedIn Profile? The same way your leadership resume benefits from an age-positive strategy, you’ll need similar techniques on LinkedIn. For example, your last job entry can contain several extra lines that spell out ib history essay tips, early-career work history: ** Additional Experience includes: Captain, U.S. Air Force: Promoted to high-ranking officer, based on ability to an admission essay, inspire leadership qualities, handle critical missions, and develop junior staff. This technique allows you to consciousness movement, benefit from the keyword hits on Writing essay, the previous positions (such as military experience, which is valued at many employers), without listing dates. 3 – Show your progression (important if your career was spent at a single employer). Essays. Even if you’ve come through the ranks at a single employer for the past 20 to 30 years, hiring authorities are mostly interested in essay, fresh, relevant experience. Therefore, your last 3-5 positions at a VP, Director, or C-suite level should be highlighted as much as possible in your leadership resume – removing the focus from media essay, earlier roles.

This example of a CEO resume shows how to an admission essay, tell a story of progressive responsibility, even when 20+ years of experience are tied into a single employer. Censorship Media. Note that earlier, non-leadership roles are only evident from the overall date range, without details that would detract from the executive branding message. 4 – Be age-aware in crafting your Executive Summary. Writing Essay. A Professional Profile or Summary (on either your resume or LinkedIn Profile) must convey much more important details than years of experience. Yet, many resumes tout “more than 20 years of experience” as a qualifier.

Don’t resort to this technique! Write your Summary with branded and power-packed language specific to the job you seek, rather than calling out authentic, your longevity , as in this example for Writing essay a COO: “Strategic operational executive offering land development, real estate investment, master planning, and turnaround expertise. Negotiator and advisor to developments of significant environmental, community, and financial impact; accustomed to addressing Boards and stakeholders.” 5 – Maintain your focus on relevant facts, such as degrees (but not dates). Even on your LinkedIn Profile, dates are not required for the joy luck degree programs. (When entering your degree into LinkedIn, just skip the prompt to an admission essay, add dates of your attendance.) In some fields such as engineering, degrees can be used to eliminate leadership candidates from consideration because the training is considered outdated. If you’re unsure whether the solving, graduation year on your resume and Profile is prompting age bias, try removing it – and note any differences in responses from employers. Remember – employers are mostly focused on essay, the need for adept leaders who can solve their business problems and maintain current knowledge.

For best results in black, your executive job search , showcase your ability to deliver results in Writing an admission, times of mergers, industry changes, and cost-cutting, with less emphasis on the timing of your career milestones. Laura Smith-Proulx, Executive Director of An Expert Resume, is a resume industry leader, 13-time global TORI resume award winner, LinkedIn expert, author, personal brand strategist, and former recruiter with 20+ years of essays black consciousness movement experience winning choice jobs for Writing an admission essay executives and rising leaders. How to Leverage Alumni Networking on LinkedIn to Find a Job. Censorship Media Essay. Personal Branding: Where to Start When You Don#8217;t Know How.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
College Essay Examples for 13 Schools + Expert Analysis

Foreign aid vs. International trade Essay. Foreign aid vs. international trade is a long lasting debate as to which strategy leads to the greatest level of economic development. Foreign Aid is defined as any assistance that is Writing, given to authentic problem solving a country not provided through normal market forces. There are numerous forms of aid, from humanitarian emergency assistance, to food aid, military assistance, etc. Development aid has long been recognized as crucial to help poor developing nations grow out of poverty. Writing? International trade is the exchange of goods or services across international borders. Economic development as defined by AmartyaSen, 1998 Nobel prize laureate, “requires the removal of major sources of unfreedom: poverty as well as tyranny, poor economic opportunities as well as systematic social deprivation.” (1)

In 1970, the an essay in confederate military, world’s affluent countries agreed to give 0.7% of their GNI (Gross National Income) as official international development aid, annually. Since then, these rich nations have rarely met their actual promised targets. “The US is often the Writing, largest donor in dollar terms, but ranks amongst the lowest in terms of meeting the stated 0.7% target.” The two charts below, reproduced from the OECD publications (2012) shows aid granted in constant dollars and in confederate military, as a percentage of GNI. Both support the conclusion regarding the failure to meet agreed upon Writing, aid commitments and the level of decreasing donations. The Joy Luck Club Essay? (2)Billions have been donated, but it appears that Africa which has received the most aid remains a continent impoverished. As Dambisa Moyo in the Wall Street Journal writes “money from rich countries has trapped many African nations in a cycle of corruption, slower economic growth and poverty. Cutting off the flow would be far more beneficial…….the insidious aid culture has left African countries more debt-laden, more inflation-prone, more vulnerable to an admission the vagaries of the currency markets and more unattractive to higher-quality investment. It’s increased the risk of civil conflict and unrest ….. Aid is an two great in confederate history unmitigated political, economic and humanitarian disaster”. (3) Wall Street Journal, March 21st, 2009. Over the Writing an admission, past 60 years at least $1 trillion of development aid has been granted to Africa.

And unfortunately real per-capita income in 2014 is less than it was in the 1970s. “More than 50% of the population — over 350 million people — live on rebel armies an essay military history, less than a dollar a day, a figure that has nearly doubled in two decades” (4) Wall Street Journal, March 21st, 2009. In 2005, the International Monetary Fund’s report “Aid Will Not Lift Growth in Africa.” concluded that governments, donors and campaigners should be more modest in their claims that increased aid will solve Africa’s problems. (5) Historically Asia was underdeveloped too. Yet various policies by Writing essay governments to enhance international trade have resulted in many Asian countries i.e. Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Singapore achieving spectacular economic growth and along with it, higher standard of living for its citizens. Black Movement? Dato Kim Tan, the co-founder and trustee for the Transformational Business Network (TBN) wrote “growing up din Asia, I saw the Asian tiger economies that 30-40 years ago had a lower GDP than Uganda or Kenya, transform themselves through enterprise, not through aid and philanthropy.” (3)Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda and that country’s first democratically elected president wrote: “There is bad aid and there is good aid. Writing Essay? The bad aid is that one which creates dependencies, as we’ve known for a long time now.

But good aid is that which is targeted to essay create capacities in people so that they are able to live on an admission, their own activities.… In the long-term they have to depend on themselves rather than depend on in mass media, aid.”(4) The issue to essay be addressed is whetherforeign aid achieveslong-term growth and development – is it a positive or negative catalyst to economic well being. And the corollary to this statement is whether international trade is a better alternative to economic achievement. The historical basis for concluding that there is gain from trade originates from David Ricardo’s work: Principals in Political Economy and essay tips, Taxation. Writing An Admission Essay? The historical context of the time was the protectionist English corn laws, restricting wheat imports. Ricardo’s conclusion, arrived at by his theory of comparative advantage, showed that countries could benefit if they specialized and promoted free trade. Figure 1: Comparative Advantage. Country A has an absolute production advantage of two great armies an essay both goods A and B because it can produce more of these goods. Since the PPC is not parallel we can presume that the opportunity cost are both different. As a consequence specialization and Writing an admission, mutually beneficial trade can occur. Country A has a comparative advantage in the production of good B and Country B has a comparative advantage in the production of good A. Country B PPF curve has a lower slope therefore its comparative advantage of production is the two great rebel an essay, good on the horizontal axis.

To establish a policy of international trade, governments need to develop programmes that require important changes in the society. For example, states must develop competitive market economies based on environmental sustainability, infrastructure, establish a stable currency, a transparent political framework and legal system, security, and educated populace as prerequisites. Good A= Capital Goods. Good B= Consumer Goods. Figure 2: PPF curve with improved production via exports.

Country A allocates its resources to mostly consumption. Country C allocates its resources towards investment/capital goods. Countries that allocate their resources mainly in investment/capital goods are greater to have long-term growth than those countries who are more focused on consumption who are using up more current resources. With respect to Aid, money that is an admission essay, allocated to Informative current consumption will not improve future conditions where as aid money allocated for such production of infrastructure, health, etc. will in the long run exhibit economic growth. Interestingly,South Korea’s economic growth from the early 1960s to the late 1990s was one of the an admission, world’s fastest, and South Korea remains one of the two great armies an essay in confederate history, fastest growing developed countries in the 2000s.This experience is known as the Miracle on an admission, the Han River. Like many underdeveloped society’s, S. Korea possessesno natural resources and suffers from overpopulation.In addition, the Korean War destroyed much of its infrastructure. The solution was South Korea adapting an two great armies in confederate military history export-oriented economic strategy.Remarkably in 1980, the South Korean GDP per Writing an admission essay capita was $2,300, about the joy club one-third of nearby developed Asian economies such as Singapore and Japan. In 2010 South Korean GDP per capita advanced to $30,000 – almost thirteen times since 1980. (See two charts below on Korean Economic Growth and South Korean Economic Recovery after 1997.) It is acknowledged that the Korean GDP per capita in 1960 was lower than some sub-Saharan African countries.

The growth of the Koreanindustrial sector was the principal stimulus to economic development. It is true that initially some foreign aid was granted by the U.S. given the Writing an admission, contentious communist threat, nevertheless, it was from strong domestic government support and a move toward competitive markets and international trade that resulted in the investment of modern technology and newly built facilities at a rapid pace. Tips? The export to foreign markets and Writing an admission, the plowing of the writing tips, foreign currency back into further industrial expansion was the strategy for growth. In addition, this economic strategy suited South Korea given its poor natural resource endowment, low savings rate, and small domestic market. Labour-intensive manufactured exports, permitted South Korea to develop a competitive advantage. Writing Essay? No doubt government initiatives were essential to this process. “The inflow of foreign capital was greatly encouraged to supplement the shortage of domestic savings. These efforts enabled South Korea to the joy luck essay achieve rapid growth in exports and an admission essay, subsequent increases in income.”(5) Finally, the later development of censorship essay a unique multinational firm known as the chaebol – family-controlled firms owning numerous international enterprises,enhanced Korean economic growth. There is strong cooperation with government receiving financial support and guidance i.e. innovation and research.

Today of these multinationals are Samsung, Hyundai, and LG. Thus, it is an admission, evident that South Korean expansion and wealth for its citizenry has derived from the adoption of a competitive market manufacturing economy, and the development of the joy a high-tech commercethat emphasizes international trade. Foreign loans, supportive government policies, and an admission essay, not aid have been the critical catalyst to such a Han miracle. Aid assists, mostly economic which is normally provided to distressed communities or underdeveloped countries for the enhancement of two great in confederate military their socioeconomic condition. Aid is linked to need, is often not linked to the ability to enhance trade. Trade can result in inefficient distribution of income while if aid is mishandled the distribution of aid will be unfair, with people being deprived of the Writing, benefits of aid and effect economic growth of the country. Does Aid lead to the establishment of good infrastructure?

Development aid is given by governments, i.e. the problem, US being the largest aid donor in the world (As of 2010) and Writing, other organizations such as the World Bank. “Aid to all countries in the world declined” (2007, World Bank) An overview of a number of essays consciousness movement African countries that have been recipients of aid will consider the use and allocation of the foreign aid, and assess the outcome of these donations upon the populace of the continent. One would note initially that there is a need for humanitarian aid to assist in emergencies and Writing an admission, alleviate suffering but long term growth and development requires a different approach. Besides charity aid is censorship essay, a minimal portion of the over-all aid from governments. In the Democratic Republic of Congo, according to Writing an admission a report by Transparency International, the black, Zairian president Mobutu Sese Seko (1965-1977) is listed as having embezzled at least $5 billion form the nation. (6) Transparency International In 2009, the former president of Malawi – Bakili Muluzi was prosecuted for Writing stealing $12 million allocated for aid. And Zambia’s former president, Frederick Chiluba is under investigation for taking millions from censorship in mass, money that was set aside for health, infrastructure, and education. Thus, these examples of corruption pervert the an admission, opportunity for aid to assist the average African improve their conditions. Economic theory will emphasize that inefficiency will result from government intervention and in particular ‘free’ funds. Essays Consciousness Movement? Bad government worsens the an admission, situation as they are often bureaucratic in addition to problem corrupt.

The civil service is inefficient and vulnerable to cronyism which has consequence for responsible governance. Economic incentives are nullified and governments need not respond to citizen needs. Investors require transparency in government and business but such a prerequisite is not required when donations are the source of funds. Policies such as taxation can be deferred since donations flow in to the country. The priority is to remain in power. Africa continues to an admission be the most unstable region.

There are numerous examples of civil strife as exemplified by the current war in Southern Sudan and The Congo. According to the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute, Africa had a greater number of essays black movement wars than elsewhere in the world. Obviously, such strife has immense impact upon daily life and thwarts any possibility of private investment. Aid thus fills the vacuum. As stated in his book, Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There is a Better Way for Africa, by D. Moyo, “…aid-financed efforts to force-feed democracy to economies facing poverty and difficult economic prospects remain, at best, precariously vulnerable.” (7) Further evidence of endemic problems is observed in essay Nigeria. This government is one of the most mismanaged in Africa. For example, during the Songkran Informative, World Economic Forum of 2005 in Davos Switzerland, four state governors were being investigated in the U.K. for money laundering. Large amounts of aid are looted. Writing An Admission? “Speaking at armies in confederate military history the New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD) meeting in Abuja, Nigeria, in December 2003, the former British secretary of Writing state for international development, Lynda Chalker, noted that 40 percent of the consciousness, wealth created in Africa is invested outside the continent.” (8) Advantages and Disadvantages to Trade: Trade provides development countries with an an admission important base for Songkran their own improvement. Countries can develop their own strategies and Writing an admission, outcomes to achieve their development objectives i.e. focusing on agriculture of manufacturing services.

Countries are the determinants of their own economic destiny. One difficulty of trade is the international economic system imposes impediments i.e. trade barriers. The global market is not an international free trade market i.e. tariffs, taxes and subsidies, regulations and such restrictions operate to the disadvantage of the developing countries. The donor country puts restrictions on the recipient country i.e. the requirement for government transparency, human rights, political support at the UN or Ideological support. Japan gains support from small countries on whale killing/harvesting using trade.

Developing countries have weak economic power to authentic solving challenge economic injustices i.e. EU and USA have large program of subsidies and economical protectionism.One argument states that trade is a foundation for international cooperationi.e. one country is the resources base and the other importing country is the Writing essay, manufacturing base. Trade would benefits those countries who are engaged in trade (based on the market). Essay Tips? Trade relationships would result in an admission a more equitable partnership and rebel armies, thus might be a catalyst for investment and Writing an admission essay, growth. Developing country could receive direct foreign investments and the benefits that would sue from Informative, that, technology, employment etc. The result of this would lead to lower prices, greater choice, more efficient allocation of an admission essay resources, foreign exchange and idea flowing between countries. Once getting passed trade impediments it can seen as long-term development strategy for a developing country.

A summary of the Songkran Informative, advantages and disadvantages: A country may import things which it cannot produce. Maximum utilization of resources. Benefit to consumer. Reduces trade fluctuations. Utilization of surplus produce. Fosters international trade. Import of Writing an admission harmful goods. It may exhaust resources.

Danger of censorship in mass starvation. One country may gain at the expensive of another. It may lead to war. Advantages and Disadvantages to Aid: Aid has been said to decrease the development for countries with their own improvement. Aid has many advantages but as it can be seen using examples such as African countries it can be seen that aid has decreased the development for countries. Countries can be giving aid for ethical reasons, if there was a natural disaster and were in need of assistance. Aid is based on need, aid permits to an admission essay countries to retain their dignity because aid if often perceived as condescending. There are different types of aid, tied and untied.

Tied aid is foreign aid that must be spent in the country providing the aid or in a group of selected countries. Untied aid is assistance given to developing countries, which can be used to purchase goods, and in mass media essay, services in virtually all countries. Jeffery Sachs (UN advisor) argued that aid is important, it is essential to break the an admission essay, poverty cycle and a determinant of essays black consciousness movement long term growth. His argument stated that poor countries are not wealthy because of Writing an admission diseases such as malaria, they need to remove problems such as disease because the free market will not due this. Giving of aid is perceived as an inducement to behave or support certain policies. Aid can be used as blackmailing or getting the upper hand on another country in order to gain their vote in the UN. William Easterly (Professor of economics, NY university), aid does more harm than good, its often wasted, it inhibits peoples inventiveness, devising their old solutions. Aid is corrupt because its given to corrupt officials and often its fragmented that there is many donors and misallocations of the funds. Aid often comes with a lot of preconditions.

Furthermore, aid has often come with a price of its own for the developing nations. Aid is often wasted on conditions that the recipient must use overpriced goods and problem solving, services from donor countries. Writing Essay? Most aid does not actually go to the poorest who would need it the most. Aid amounts are dwarfed by rich country protectionism that denies market access for Songkran Informative essay poor country products, while rich nations use aid as a lever to open poor country markets to their products. Large projects or massive grand strategies often fail to help the vulnerable as money can often be embezzled away. In conclusion, it appears that generally trade is more beneficial to long-term growth and Writing an admission essay, development than aid. African examples discussed are proof that aid is counterproductive and the road to ib history economic failure. The opposite an admission appears true. Those countries able to divorce themselves from aid dependency are more likely to succeed as evidenced by China, India, and even South Africa. A strategy of transparent government, efficient civil service to meet social needs i.e. education, incentives, entrepreneurship, the rule of two great in confederate law, patent protection, institutions to attract foreign direct investment by creating attractive tax structures and reducing the red tape and complex regulations for businesses. Private capital investment into essay, sustainable companies, with aid directly to community based non-profitable organizations is recommended.

African nations should also focus on increasing trade, but there have been cases where rapid growth in international trade has led to bottlenecks and impediments to censorship essay growth and development. There appears to be no panacea but one does conclude that in order to achieve economic, social, and political progress there are essential non-economic and economic prerequisites – cultural (i.e. individualism, attitudes of an admission personal achievement, hard work, etc.) political (i.e. transparent governments, stability, the rule of two great rebel law,) and an admission, economic (i.e. infrastructure, communications network, merit goods i.e. education and health etc.). Each nation is unique with regard to trade and aid. The answer is not either or – aid or trade .but accountable and Songkran Informative, transparent aid in conjunction with sustainable trade and honest and efficient government. Bibliography: (Complete bibliography after check by an admission Ms. Kerr) 1. Amartya Sen.

1999. Luck Club Movie? Development as Freedom. Oxford university press 2. http://www.globalissues.org/article/35/foreign-aid-development-assistance 3. Writing An Admission Essay? wall street journal. 4. wall street journal. n+capital+was+greatly+encouraged+to+supplement+the+shortage+of+domestic+savings.+These+efforts+enabled+South+Korea+to+achieve+rapid+growth+in+exports+and+subsequent+increases+in+income.%E2%80%9Dhl=ensa=Xei=iZ7NUq7AIMTd2QWmyIHABwved=0CDAQ6AEwAA#v=onepageq=The%20inflow%20of%20foreign%20capital%20was%20greatly%20encouraged%20to%20supplement%20the%20shortage%20of%20domestic%20savings.%20These%20efforts%20enabled%20South%20Korea%20to%20achieve%20rapid%20growth%20in%20exports%20and%20subsequent%20increases%20in%20income.%E2%80%9Df=false 8. OECD Development Statistics Online, last accessed April 7, 2012 9. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20405140.

10. http://www.guesspapers.net/1593/advantages-and-disadvantages-of-international-trade/ 11. Two Great Rebel In Confederate History? http://www.moeasmea.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=72CtNode=263mp=2 12. http://www.globalissues.org/article/35/foreign-aid-development-assistance 13. http://www.ryanallis.com/sustainable-capitalism-and-the-role-of-aid-vs-trade-in-prosperity-creation/ 14. http://www.cato.org/publications/economic-development-bulletin/african-perspectives-aid-foreign-assistance-will-not-pull-africa-out-poverty. University/College: University of California. Type of paper: Thesis/Dissertation Chapter. Date: 6 May 2016. Let us write you a custom essay sample on Foreign aid vs. International trade. for only an admission essay $16.38 $13.9/page.

Haven't found the Essay You Want? Get your custom essay sample. For Only $13.90/page. 3422 Old Capitol Trail, Suite 267, Wilminton, DE 19808, USA.

Buy Essays Online from Successful Essay -
Tips for Writing an Effective Application Essay

Cause And Effect Essay On Rising Gas Pric. With a staff of over 2,000 American writers and customers in essay, over 45 countries, Ultius is the global leader in writing, editing, and business writing solutions. Your Deadline, Our Priority. This company is not bad. They have written 5 essays for me. I would say 4 out of 5 was well written. They get my papers back in a timely manner for the most part. The revision is the problem.

You can get your paper revised but it will usually run after your due date so you find yourself doing some editing. The priceS are pretty standard. I trust these guys and plan on using them when I need to meet a dead line but may have my hands too full. Levitria B. Media? reviewed Ultius on an admission, Jan 26, 2015 via SiteJabber Click to see the original review on an external website. ? Learn more about our commitment to movie essay verified reviews. Why choose Ultius when buying essays?

Ultius deeply understands your frustration when it comes to buying essays for reference use. There are a million options but only a few of them are reputable. While many other service options fail to essay offer reliable support and essay tips, hire writers from foreign countries, Ultius is refreshingly different. Since 2010, our platform has been connecting customers with an an admission expert selection of essay writers that are credible and internally verified as being native English speakers. When purchasing essays for model use, we offer free amenities to ensure that your experience is satisfactory. From free revisions, editorial review of your final sample, robust security to originality scans, we have all the tools to help you get the best purchased essay. We also offer an unmatched level of convenience through a mobile-friendly site, time saving features and a commitment to censorship in mass essay your deadline. Essay? Finally, the essays Ultius difference truly comes from our strong base of Writing essay American writers as well as the fact that our service is trusted, reviewed and verified.

Free Amenities When You Buy Essays. With any model essay purchase, you receive various amenities that are free of charge. Our free revision policy allows you to make changes and problem solving, modifications after the order is an admission, completed. That’s right - if you’re not happy, we will gladly work through your feedback to make sure we get your original instructions right. Plus, Ultius employs a 24/7 staff of dedicated editors to make sure that your final order is reviewed internally before we send it out. Authentic? This internal review includes a free Copyscape originality scan to make sure that it is 100% original.

If it doesn’t pass, we don’t send it out. Ultius is an admission essay, also proud to Songkran essay offer an extremely convenient user experience and process when you are buying essays. An Admission? Our platform is mobile and tablet friendly so that you can place, manage and Songkran Informative, review orders on the go. Writing An Admission? The interface is designed for your device and ensures you never miss a beat. Our support team is also available 24/7 via text, email, live chat and phone. With us, you will never get stuck without on-demand help. The process is also designed to be quick and authentic problem solving, simple: The Essay Ordering Process Input the sample order details; Confirm your instructions are accurate; Finalize payment using PayPal or any major debit/credit card. It’s that simple.

American Essay Writers and Top Quality. Our commitment to having talented writers is the staple of our platform. While lots of other sample writing services hire foreign writers, we only hire Americans that are native speakers. In fact, our hiring selection process is Writing, so thorough and rigorous that less than 3% of essays black consciousness all applicants end up getting hired. We assure you that our writing staff is tried, tested and subject to continuous improvement. Writer Stats Fluent in hundreds of essay subjects; Trained in all modern citation styles: MLA, APA, CMS, Turabian and an admission essay, others; Topic specialists for your discipline.

Our commitment to quality would not be complete without the Songkran fact that all orders get thoroughly reviewed by Writing an admission essay, editors first. Essay writing services from Ultius are trusted, reviewed and verified. Turn to trusted third parties like the ib history tips BBB and SiteJabber and you will see hundreds of verified reviews from customers like yourself who bought essays. Essay? We are accredited with the Better Business Bureau and have an “A+” rating. Even if your order goes awry, we have a strong track record of resolving issues and making things right. To protect you further, we use McAfee secure to scan our site on movement, a daily basis. This helps protect your private information. Ultius is the global leader in consumer writing services because we believe in doing things a bit differently. Benefits of Buying Essays from Ultius. If you came to this page, it means you are looking for help with completing your essay. While you considering whether to essay buy essays, it’s a good idea to consider the benefits of using a custom sample writing service like Ultius.

Our model services can surely give you a strong advantage when it comes to completing your own work. Consider the fact that our service will save you precious time. Extra time will allow you to focus on other important things. By having a clear model to guide you, you will know where to focus on in terms of direction, sources, organization and general clarity. Getting expert help is another strong benefit.

Most colleges and universities even have dedicated writing help labs on campus for you. Our platform connects you in a digital environment where you will have access to essay writing tips experts you won’t find locally. Finally, utilizing third-party by buying essay guidance will benefit your future for the better. At Ultius, our tagline is “on your schedule.” However, it’s not just a tagline, it’s also our promise to Writing you. We deeply understand how important time management is for Informative busy individuals. An Admission? We also understand how beneficial it can be when you use trusted services to the joy luck club movie help you get more out of your day. Essay? When you use model writing services from club movie, Ultius, we save you time by doing the heavy lifting. Not only do we take the Writing an admission essay time to digest and translate your instructions into a final sample, but we also provide insight into how the work should be done in terms of sources, addressing the core question and properly citing the required sources. Another great benefit is the final outcome you will get on your essay once you get expert sample writing help.

Each and every one of our writers, editors and support team members are trained in their craft to writing tips make sure that you get a positive outcome. You can spend days and even weeks finding an expert essay writer in your field through Craigslist or your local campus. But those channels are not secure and proven to connect you with the writer you need, right now. Everyone needs expert help and our writers are trained veterans in the craft ready to assist you after you have made your sample essay purchase decision. Using Ultius to help you with your essay writing is not only an admission essay, convenient, but it also leads to better outcomes. Problem Solving? Customers who buy essay model services are more ready than ever to complete the toughest essays. With the help we provide, the outcomes lead to stronger grades, punctual graduation and even strong job placement as a result of Writing an admission a better GPA.

But more importantly, it leads to the satisfaction of essay knowing that you utilized all of your available resources and options for essay the most important projects you have to work on. Invest in your future by rebel in confederate military, investing in Ultius to help you with a sample essay. Ready to get started? Professional American writer. Ordering takes five minutes.

Purchased Essay Samples and an admission, Example Work. Before you buy essays from Ultius, make sure to Songkran Informative essay carefully review other sample essays we have written in the past. Like any service offered by a company, it’s a good idea to “trust but verify.” For example, you probably tested out the computer or mobile device you are reading this on. You should do the same for our service. Essay? For that reason, Ultius is happy to offer examples of the work that we can produce for you.

Listed below are some samples we have previously written on our blog. The only difference is that these are published for the web and essays black consciousness, yours would not be. Help and Resources - Even if You're Not Purchasing an Writing an admission Essay. Even if you are not interested in luck club movie, buying an essay from Ultius, we have many additional guides and resources to help you construct your own. You can utilize our writing expertise and acumen to find out what a good end-product is Writing an admission, supposed to look like and how to Songkran essay produce it. We have taken the liberty of condensing our detailed Ultius essay help section to an admission essay give you a glimpse of the essay writing process. Additionally, we are happy to share our quality tools and best practices to make sure that you have everything you need to guide you through the entire audit process. Over the years, Ultius has worked with customers who bought essay samples and the joy club essay, relentlessly studied essay preparation to determine what few key characteristics generally result in the completion of an admission a successful essay. No matter what type of essay it is or the two great rebel subject matter, the items listed below are considered best practices that must be followed. Pay close attention to the recommendations and you will be well on Writing, your way to success, even if you don't buy essays for sample use from us. The Thesis - The Foundation of a Great Essay.

The thesis statement, from the first to two great rebel military last sentence, must be airtight. The primary argument has to come from Writing an admission, a solid base. If there is a specific question that needs to tips be answered, the Writing essay thesis statement must address it within the conclusion of the first paragraph. Also, the in mass media essay thesis needs to be a plan of attack for what the Writing essay body paragraphs are going to be about. Click here for essay more information on writing strong thesis statements. Good writers know that attention to Writing an admission detail is as must.

Plus, your professor will expect it. Make sure to clearly read the instructions (all of them) and clarify by asking questions. For example, some common things to movement look out for include: (ii) Required number of sources; (iii) Essay type (argumentative, comparative, narrative…etc); Thoroughly read the original essay instructions and make a plan before even starting to write. Strong Organization = Well-Written Essay. The structure of an essay can really make it or break it for you. Make sure that you have strong opening and closing paragraphs and body content that supports your original thesis.

The introduction should funnel down to your thesis and an admission essay, narrow down the specific argument you want to make. Body paragraphs must have strong topic sentences and reference credible sources appropriately using the right citation style. Finally, conclusions should not introduce new information and must recap the main essay points that you presented previously. Adherence to Citation Style Guidelines. Finally, make sure to properly style your prepared essay in the appropriate citation style. Consciousness Movement? For example, APA style has strict guidelines for cover pages and running heads while Chicago and Turabian require either footnotes or endnotes. Knowing how to cite properly and format things accordingly can be worth upwards of twenty percent of Writing your entire grade. Following the formatting rules is an censorship in mass media easy win, but you have to Writing essay take the time to do it right. Also, always remember to credit another author’s work and don’t call it your own, especially if you bought an essay online. While writing good essays is time consuming and tedious, it all comes down to in mass media essay following best practices and Writing an admission, being diligent.

Our writers follow a clear methodology that is both practical and essay tips, efficient for getting the best possible outcome. First, make sure to select a good topic that you can write easily about and make sure you can find scholarly materials about it. Next, take some time to plan and Writing, make an outline based around a clear thesis statement. Proceed to write the body while adhering to strict rules for paragraphs and history, inclusion of references. Finally, complete your references page and review the Writing an admission draft before submission using quality audit tools. Here, we recommend the same tools that we use if you were to purchase an essay model from us. Essay Topic Selection and in mass, Research. Strong topic selection is an important first step. If possible, pick a topic that has lots of available research materials or aligns with items you are studying in other classes. Try to avoid current events as there may be a lack of available research materials.

Sample Essay Topics. Death penalty Abortion rights Gun rights Gender inequality. When doing academic research, only Writing, trust reputable sources like JSTOR, Google Scholar, your campus library or academic search engines you have access to. Lastly, collect the sources that you need first and go through them thoroughly. Now that you have picked a topic and club, collected some credible sources, it’s time to make a plan.

Start by identifying common assumptions about the topic and find common themes. Writing An Admission Essay? For example, if exploring the causes of poverty, you will inevitably find out that governments are the ones that control lots of food production and allocation to the people. Once you have enough evidence to problem solving support a general theme, construct a thesis statement and Writing, make an outline of the core items that support that assertion. If you don't think this step is necessary, just remember that our writers are trained to two great rebel an essay military follow this process on all purchased sample essay orders. You are ready to Writing an admission start writing. Start with an introductory paragraph that funnels down from a broad issue to a specific time and place. Provide background details as necessary. Then, conclude the introduction with your thesis statement. Body paragraphs should be 5-7 sentences long and start with a topic sentence. Always introduce your quotes and ib history essay writing tips, avoid “dropping them” without context.

Finish with a conclusion that recaps each main point and make sure not to introduce any new information. Essay References and Final Review. Finally, construct your works cited page using the right citation style guide. Depending on an admission, the format, you may also need a title page. Review your final essay by reading it out loud and censorship media essay, make sure you addressed your original instructions! You should use EasyBib to quickly build citations in almost any format. Have a friend, teacher or trusted essay editing service review your final draft to make sure it is done properly (if you didn't already buy an essay). References and Considerations Before Buying an Writing an admission Essay. While the rebel previous section described summarized steps towards writing an essay, consider going through our extended 14-Step Essay Writing Guide for a more thorough look at each section. Writing An Admission? It also includes template that you can download as well as color-coded visual aids. You can also learn about and see examples of essay related terms in our extensive glossary section.

Whether you choose to use Ultius for buying essays online or not, we hope that our extensive walkthroughs have helped you in your journey to finding essay help. Not what you're looking for or not convinced? The links below may help. Search hundreds of rebel an essay services. Click to Verify. Ultius is proud to have strong verified reviews from Writing essay, different review vendors. Last updated on 16 January 2017 . With every order, you can count on the following: Delivered on time 100% original Free revisions Awesome 24/7 support World-class writers.

Every order comes with these free features: 275 Words Per Page Free Title Page Free Bibliography Free Revisions American Writers Plagiarism Scan. Connect with a professional writer by Informative, placing your first order. An Admission Essay? The entire order process takes roughly five minutes and we usually match you with a writer within a few hours. Enter code newcust during checkout and save money on your first order. Have more questions? Get in touch with us or explore common questions. Ultius provides an online platform where we connect you with a freelance writer for sample writing, editing and business writing services. The company encourages and expects fair use of in mass media essay our services.

Here are the Writing an admission essay guidelines. Order Revisions i. The company offers free revisions, but there are some limitations like the media deadline and whether we met the original instructions. Sample Writing ii. Custom sample services are for Writing an admission essay model and reference use only.

When referencing our work, you must use a proper citation. i Revisions are offered within seven (7) days of a completed order and black consciousness movement, are free with a three-day deadline. Writing? For earlier deadlines and general changes to problem core instructions, costs may apply. Explore the Writing an admission full Revision Policy. ii The company does not condone plagiarism, copyright infringement or any form of two great rebel armies an essay military history academic dishonesty. All provided sample services must only be used for Writing an admission reference purposes while being cited properly. Please read the Fair Use Policy. Ultius is the trusted provider of authentic problem solving content solutions for Writing essay consumers around the world.

Connect with great American writers and get 24/7 support. Ultius is accredited with the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating. © 2017 Ultius, Inc. Before we chat, please tell us a bit about yourself.

inserted by FC2 system